Guitar Player's Thread

I just meant for the pilot hole(which will be a lot smaller than the actual srew) so that when you do put the screw in it has a starting point and will stay straight.

If you use a dowel like I suggested you can pre-drill your pilot hole before you put the dowel in the guitar w/ glue. That way the hole is already there and straight when you are ready to screw the claw back into the guitar.

I also was thinking about a pre-drilled hole...would make things easier. I will have a look around, cheers.

In fact I started to learn "real" alternate picking but it requires I practice a hell lot to get used to it and never do the same picking as I did.

That is why I posted because I was wondering if it was worth the effort.
On the other hand with that weird alternate picking I did, like TheKid said my transitions weren't smooth, I kind of was not fast enough between the 3rd and 4th notes (when playing at fast tempos).

And I've never heard of economy picking before, I only knew the alternate style.

Yngwie picks the way you've described...;)

Got the PRS!

28425_594956904789_35805388_34457980_5815514_n.jpg

28425_594956879839_35805388_34457976_4806168_n.jpg

28425_594956889819_35805388_34457977_6016295_n.jpg

To be perfectly honest, knowing how much I had been anticipating owning a PRS, I was quite sure that there would be no way that I wouldn't be disappointed on at least some level, just by how much I had built them up in my mind (Though I've never believed that there is such a thing as a "best" guitar or guitar company, since it's all a matter of personal taste). But I have to say, after sitting down and playing it for a few hours, I have been blown away and haven't been let down in the least. It has so far lived up to all expectations, and in some ways surpassed them.

Right from the beginning, the guitar was extremely resonant when unplugged. And doing an old Chappers test, placing my fingertip at any point on the whole guitar, hitting the strings meant feeling the vibrations throughout. Plugged in, it sounds massive. Distorted, it is crisp and clear with great note definition. In the bridge it roars and the neck is extremely warm and rounded, very vintage sounding. With the 5-way switch, the split-humbucker single coil options inbetween provide a new palette of tonal flavors that are something really exciting to have access to without switching guitars at all. Definitely not the same as a strat (but not better or worse), but very different from normal humbucking mode and still awesome sounding in their own right.

I do miss having 2 extra frets and a trem, but not nearly as much as I thought I would. The neck is a Wide Fat, which is much thicker than what I'm used to, but it's also very comfortable, so it will probbaly just take a little bit of time for my hands to adjust before I don't even think about it anymore.

In the future, I will probably also invest in a Custom 24 so that I do have the option of playing a very similar guitar but with slight variations, such as those 2+ frets, trem, and Wide Thin neck profile for when I want them. I think that the two guitars would suit eachother quite nicely.

The specs, for anyone interested, are:

Scale: 25"
Neck: Mahogany
Body: Mahogany, Flame Maple 10-top
Fretboard: Rosewood
Inlays: Shadow birds
Frets: 22
Bridge: Stop tail
Pickups: HFS, VB (like a Custom 24, rather than Dragon II's)
Finish: Fire Red

Does anybody want a ESP-Edwards Alexi Scythes guitar? Don't use it any longer because i've bought a Ibanez E-Gen 18 and I'm really pissed off by the fat ESP-necks ;)
Just write me a PM for further information.

edit: I've a VHT 2/50/2 too for sale!

So since I'm a badasss and got a 4.0 this year and it's my birthday soon my momma gave me money to get a guitar, so i got a yamah g-245SII classical guitar from the 70's/80's, dunno when. It's fucking nice as hell for a intermediate guitar, only 175 bucks from craigslist. Awesome stained spruce top and laminate rosewood sides and back....been reading chords charts and leads ever since :D it's inspired me to actually have fun with my jazz studies...playing jazz on a steel string is retarded.

pics in a minute

Got the PRS!

28425_594956904789_35805388_34457980_5815514_n.jpg

28425_594956879839_35805388_34457976_4806168_n.jpg

28425_594956889819_35805388_34457977_6016295_n.jpg

To be perfectly honest, knowing how much I had been anticipating owning a PRS, I was quite sure that there would be no way that I wouldn't be disappointed on at least some level, just by how much I had built them up in my mind (Though I've never believed that there is such a thing as a "best" guitar or guitar company, since it's all a matter of personal taste). But I have to say, after sitting down and playing it for a few hours, I have been blown away and haven't been let down in the least. It has so far lived up to all expectations, and in some ways surpassed them.

Right from the beginning, the guitar was extremely resonant when unplugged. And doing an old Chappers test, placing my fingertip at any point on the whole guitar, hitting the strings meant feeling the vibrations throughout. Plugged in, it sounds massive. Distorted, it is crisp and clear with great note definition. In the bridge it roars and the neck is extremely warm and rounded, very vintage sounding. With the 5-way switch, the split-humbucker single coil options inbetween provide a new palette of tonal flavors that are something really exciting to have access to without switching guitars at all. Definitely not the same as a strat (but not better or worse), but very different from normal humbucking mode and still awesome sounding in their own right.

I do miss having 2 extra frets and a trem, but not nearly as much as I thought I would. The neck is a Wide Fat, which is much thicker than what I'm used to, but it's also very comfortable, so it will probbaly just take a little bit of time for my hands to adjust before I don't even think about it anymore.

In the future, I will probably also invest in a Custom 24 so that I do have the option of playing a very similar guitar but with slight variations, such as those 2+ frets, trem, and Wide Thin neck profile for when I want them. I think that the two guitars would suit eachother quite nicely.

The specs, for anyone interested, are:

Scale: 25"
Neck: Mahogany
Body: Mahogany, Flame Maple 10-top
Fretboard: Rosewood
Inlays: Shadow birds
Frets: 22
Bridge: Stop tail
Pickups: HFS, VB (like a Custom 24, rather than Dragon II's)
Finish: Fire Red

OMG ur look so like Viuda Negra´s (Ecuador band) vocalist!