guitars

it seems like almost everyone is against les pauls. they are not overrated...they are great guitars. you obviously can't get opeth tone with them...right?...since peter and mikael never play them...<--sarcasm...i'm not trying to be offensive to the people that don't like them. i just don't understand...they are beautiful sounding guitars...for me, getting an opeth tone is easier to get out of a les paul than a jackson, or an ibanez. if you look through opeth's distortion, and listen to the sound of the guitars on all of their recordings from still life and on, the sound is a very warm, and dark guitar sound...that is exactly what a les paul is known for...even though they do use the custom 24s on their recordings. oh well, maybe i'm just being defensive and sticking up for my poor lil les paul that every one makes fun of.

Its not just the brand that makes the sound, its what the guitar is made out of and its pickups. LPs, PRS, my jackson slsmg, the schecter c1, and many others are solid mahogany. They will mostly give that darker/warm tone that opeth uses. Im kind of against cheaper ibanez models now. I had a RG570 before i got my slsmg, and the tone really isnt that great. Their necks fucking rape every other brands neck, but the tone isnt there, and i hate floyd rose now.

Oh, and i am against les pauls. For one, they are rip offs,(studio version isnt, but why would you pay fucking $2000+ for one of those? if you really have deep pockets, get a custom made from ed roman or some other good custom shop) im not a fan of singlecuts, and they remind me of that damn clean country tone that makes me want to vomit when i think of it or hear it :puke: So yea, get something else :)

wowie this thread could not have come at a better time for me... I too am in the market for either the c1 classic or the slsmg. From what I've read (which is a helluva lot) the Schecter is slightly better than the SLSMG, mainly because it comes with more features. I read in a lot of reviews that the pickups on the Jackson aren't too crash hot and most ended up replacing them. Although, I am tempted to buy the SLSMG beacause it has a higher RRP than the Schecter but can now be actually bought at the same price :loco: . Yeah I'm cheap and fickle like that.

I live in Australia, where the c1 classic is around $1500USD over here so i'll be purcasing and getting it shipped over from America. Australia sucks arse for instruments, they're all at least twice the price you guys pay for them :erk:

that sucks dude.. I wish there was a guitar center or something around here so i could play on that c1. Then i could really give you my opinion between the two. My best advice is to go read the reviews on those two at harmony-central.com the reviews there are pretty good.

I dont have anything against Les Paul's, I actually own one, and my Ibanez RG421, and I love it for death metal, and rock, but it just doesn't seem to have enough clarity for Opeth's kind of stuff.

PiNkMaGGiT said:
wowie this thread could not have come at a better time for me... I too am in the market for either the c1 classic or the slsmg. From what I've read (which is a helluva lot) the Schecter is slightly better than the SLSMG, mainly because it comes with more features. I read in a lot of reviews that the pickups on the Jackson aren't too crash hot and most ended up replacing them. Although, I am tempted to buy the SLSMG beacause it has a higher RRP than the Schecter but can now be actually bought at the same price :loco: . Yeah I'm cheap and fickle like that.

I live in Australia, where the c1 classic is around $1500USD over here so i'll be purcasing and getting it shipped over from America. Australia sucks arse for instruments, they're all at least twice the price you guys pay for them :erk:

Im selling my SLSMG on ebay right now actually. its at $299.00 right now which is a STEAL...so if youre interested....please bid!

Ok, now I know what the SLSMG's are, I have played one many times at guitar center. It is a very comfortable guitar, I dont always know about the tone, but it is one of the easiest playing guitars ever. Just my input. The 24 frets are very easy to access, which is nice if you play many solos.

Land Of Grey And Pink said:
Im selling my SLSMG on ebay right now actually. its at $299.00 right now which is a STEAL...so if youre interested....please bid!
Hmmm nice... If you can tell me honestly why you're selling it and what nick it is in compared to when you bought it (sound wise etc. for example what shape are the pickups in?) I many just be *very* interested...