Hair

my hare bee:

• really short (crew cut type deal)

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • short (a decent, noticeable amount of hair)

Votes: 30 33.3%
  • long (within the region of 'below the ears to shoudlers')

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • really long (beyond an inch of your shoulders)

Votes: 30 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Right now it's long, but I had beautiful "really long" hair before I got a really gay haircut by accident because the lady barber cut it in layers when I specifically asked her not to. I still paid her, but I will never go there again for a cut. Now I'm waiting for the shortest part of my hair to grow long so that when I get my next cut, each strand of my hair will be the same length.

this is how long my hair is
dscn01978tk.jpg

I intend to let it keep growing

Dude, just use TC as your guide. His hair in The Last Samurai should answer your question. By the way brian, are you going to the Porcupine tree show at the stone pony?

Really long. It was really really long, but my girlfriend gave it a trim last week. I've had it long for about 9 years now and have no intention of getting it all hacked off. I don't see what the big deal is though... when I was living in my home town people would drive by and shout "Metal!" and give me a: :headbang: ...since I've moved all I've had is morons driving by and shouting "get a haircut!"

I always get mine cut to A and let it grow to B-and-a-half.
Longest I've ever had it was slightly below my ears. I don't play an instrument and I wouldn't exactly call myself a metalhead so I don't bother :Spin:

<crimson> said:
yeah, are you?

Indeed I am. I would be going to the philly one, at the Trocadero, but I have to go to a wedding on that day. I've only seen one show before at the Stone Pony, and I remember the place being intimately small. Hopefully my memory serves me correct, because that would be an awesome atmosphere for PT.

BurningSky said:
Indeed I am. I would be going to the philly one, at the Trocadero, but I have to go to a wedding on that day. I've only seen one show before at the Stone Pony, and I remember the place being intimately small. Hopefully my memory serves me correct, because that would be an awesome atmosphere for PT.

yeah, nearly EVERY show i go to is at the troc, but hey this show is closer, and i've never attended the stony pony. you for meeting up? check yer PM dude

long hair is a pain in the ass. hot, sweaty, stinky and takes a million years to grow out and look good. theres also the professional issue. i'm sure it's fine for WAWA but "mainstream" professions usually frown upon it. i think that's bullshit but that's the way it is. i say keep it until you graduate and start looking for a job. if you stay in academia, you can probably get away with keeping it.

if i had a nicely shaped head i'd shave it. not very attractive but i don't give a fuck - i'm married.

Go for 'really long' dude! I now have 'short' hair, but it used to be 'long'. I fucking hate short hair, aside from the fact that nothing needs to be done with it besides washing. I miss my long hair so much, and I can't grow it out again until my time in the Navy is done (but believe me, I push the limits here =]). But yeah, I recommend that you don't cut your hair. You may well regret it greatly if you do, and although it DOES grow back, think about how long it takes and how much of a pain in the ass it is in the meantime.

Dreadful said:
Don't worry about girls Brian, because if one comes along saying that she loves your long hair, she probably also likes you for who you are or what's unqiue about you, like my chick, yeah.
I was just hanging around last night with my friends and one guy came to me and said that I shoud cut my hair. Yeah, I've heard of that. Then couple of my friends (girls) said that he should just leave and said that they like my hair and guys with long hair are cool.
pic

rissy said:
I was just hanging around last night with my friends and one guy came to me and said that I shoud cut my hair. Yeah, I've heard of that. Then couple of my friends (girls) said that he should just leave and said that they like my hair and guys with long hair are cool.
pic

be like "what if I don't want to?" and see what he does.

My hair grows like Trey Parker's and like the ex-Opeth drummer. Therefore, I keep it short. At some point I look like a tree and it fucking doesn't move when trying to headbang, so what's the point. If it wasn't so curly, I would keep it long, no doubt. Length of hair doesn't have to do with a metal heart, me thinks!

<crimson> said:
my hair is about an inch below my shoulders, and has been about that for years. i'm thinking of just chopping it all off. i've looked in the mirror numerous times today, with scissors in hand, and the blades at my locks, but i just CAN'T do it :lol: i like the way it looks a lot, but i feel maybe more girls will notice me with shorter hair, i know sounds lame, but i'm in need.
it's also annoying sometimes, though i nearly always have it tied back. i feel kinda girly with it tied back, though i've been doing it for quite some time now.
it's a tough decision. though one thing is, even if i cut it, hair cutting isn't permanent, it can GROW BACKkkz.

VOTE, is your hair is a, b, c, or d?

Really long, by your definition.

And in my case hair does grow back, but extremely slowly.

Dreadful said:
really long...and will be so for many more years probably. Don't worry about girls Brian, because if one comes along saying that she loves your long hair, she probably also likes you for who you are or what's unqiue about you, like my chick, yeah. Long hair is making somewhat of a comeback and there ARE non slutty girls into metal that like it even though that may seem untrue(probably more non metalgirls as well). As far as jobs go...just tie it back and look clean, that's all. Don't get 50 tattoos on your forearms.

I think the comeback was having to do with the popularity of LOTR or something. Cause you know that pretty boy Legolas is so hot...Girls like to touch and play with it too.

And yeah, I don't think long hair is that big of a problem as far as jobs/society go. I know plenty of people with long hair that have respectable jobs. But they keep clean and tie it back, and generally don't look like some grungy bastard.

rissy said:
pic

My hair is about same length as yours, a bit longer behind.

Is that a Kelly bass I see hanging on the wall? :kickass: