Anyone else always told to cut their hair?

I'm female so never told to cut my hair but at school I was made to tie it back, even though other girls didn't have to, because some of the teachers decided my hair was too big/unruly. That surely must be discrimination against people with naturally big hair?!

Either way, just play the discrimination card if someone tries to enforce something and tell everyone else to f**k off.

However, I do like to offer a balanced argument so it's also worth mentioning that change can be liberating, pushing you out of your comfort zone and giving you more confidence as a result.

I'm on my second lot of long hair! i made the foolish mistake when i was about 19 of getting dreadlocks - i know, i'm a moron! I didn't look after them when I put them in and ended up with this massive clump of wrongness stuck on my skull. It had to go unfortunately, but after a couple of years of short hair I'm back past shoulder length and windmilling again!

But to the point of always being told to cut your hair, just tell them yeah i can get my hair cut if I wanted but you'll never be able to stop being a dick! It's your life buddy, live it how YOU want to!!

I recently had my hair cut, it wasn't too long but long enough (To get in my eyes) not only my parents & family but friends told me to cut it, last time i never had it cut for a year...i told them it'd be the last time EVER i would get it cut, some here love their hair long well as do i =]

I had my hair long to the butt until 3 months ago, when a job forced me to cut it off very short. It's growing fast tho.

I've been told many times to cut my hair. I have it a little longer then the shoulders. My older relatives keep criticizing me even more because i have dreadlocks.

I hate the stupid stereotype; dreads are made up of dirt and people not taking a shower.

This is not true at all. I wash my hair daily and keep them very clean. There are actually people that do this though, they are what makes us look bad. Oh well.

I had to cut my hair back in the day because my school wouldn't allow long hair. Now that I have been out of school for a year, I have been growing it out for a year and a half.

My boyfriend is always trying to cut my luxurious back hair fuck you bitch I just put treatment in that and I need to get it growing down my shoulders in time for the winter cold.

I didn't really hear it often when i had long hair, but people did say it would look better short sometimes. Then again others said i had epic hair. So who knows.

But now it's short because my long hair was the very high maintenance kind. and i do MMA, which REALLY doesn't work well with long hair. So i cut it for the sake of convenience.

Though when i had it i loved it and still miss it on occasions.

I used to have people telling me to cut my hair all the time when i first started to grow it long. But now i've had long hair for around 3 years, and no-one tells me to cut it anymore, i think all the people i know is used to it now. Lots of my friends are metalheads also, so really most of the people i know wouldn't want me to cut my hair. Now my hair is down to my chest, and i'm probably going to grow it a lot longer :D

I hear it every day... It's really annoying, although I don't pay much attention to it.

And I get more comments like "When will you cut your hair?", rather than "Cut your hair!".