Cutting The Hair

Raumien

Pepsi Fiend
Jul 24, 2003
Visit site
Well, long hair is a popular thing among many metal fans, but have any of you had long hair and then cut it? I did, and I got some pathetic reactions. Some people just had no idea why I would want to cut my hair, like it's the last thing anyone should ever do to themselves, that suicide would of been less a shock, and others won't even talk to me. I think that sort of attitude is pretty damn sad, I listen to more metal than most of them combined yet I'm now inferior because I have short hair, so much logic in that one.

Anyways, for the curious, here are two pics that are about a month and a half apart.

051003-me3.jpg

051003-me2.jpg

i used to have long hair (about halfway down my back) and now i've got a shaved head.

both of my roommates had long hair and cut it all of too.

short hair is way easier to take care of so it was worth it to me.

E6V6I6L said:
short hair is way easier to take care of so it was worth it to me.

Yeah for real, with long hair it was real noticable when you shedded some off, my room would have them everywhere and the shower would get clogged...had to wear a hat to do anything that involved moving faster than a snail, tougher to get a job, gets annoying when it gets out of place.....so much better having short hair.

I had waist length long hair from age 16 to 27..then I looked in the mirror one day-

I am going bald!

IT started looking like crap(bald spots showing on the very top of my head)and it became a problem when I was working(I would take my hat off after cooking a busy shift, and my hair would be SOAKED).

I cut it off into a mohawk, then I took the back half of it off. AllI have left now is the front half of my hawk, and it's starting to thin down and look like crap-pretty soon, it wil all be gone.

ANYONE who thinks that you have ot have long hair to be metal needs to get a clue. Metal is inside you- it's a attitude and a way of life-it transcends mere hair.

Ask Rob Halford, Scott Ian, Galder, Ihsahn-and many more.

I'm having long hair and it means so much to me. It's s symbol of freedom, a symbol of beeing strong enough against those who tried to equalize my opinion to theirs...

...but I'm losing my hair (I'm 19..lol)....It already starts to look like crap but I can't cut it down. I want my long hair :((((

I had long hair from age 15 to 26. The last 5 years it was extremely long and full. I loved my hair, the girls loved it, all was well and good in the world. It's fun to headbang with long hair.

Due to the business I am in it reached a point where in order to excel I needed to conform a little bit more. Luckily, my tattoos are easy to hide but the hair had to go. Yeah, yeah, yeah I know what you're thinking. Sell-out! Whatever. Look, in the real world, when you have several mortgages to pay and other responsibilities you gotta do what you gotta do. So I cut the hair, took out the earrings,bought some new clothes and joined the human race. That was 7 years ago.

It was quite a shock to my friends when the hair came off. It was especially shocking for the girl I was with at the time. She didnt stick around long..lol (long hair metal slut). I still miss it. Regardless of whether or not it's metal I just happen to like having very long hair. Even if every metalhead in the world shaved their head and that became the thing to do I would still like long hair. But now that I'm in my early 30s and my hair has started to thin and turn gray I think my long hair days are over. However, I sometimes toy with the idea of making one more run at it.

heh, long hair is definately for the younger generation, while its thick and strong. That's why mine is staying long for now. IMO long hair looks untidy and dirty on middle/older men regardless of how well groomed and maintained. OLD men with long grey hair can look cool, but otherwise i'd say for under 30's only! Tis the prime. =)

i hate fucking gaymetalheads.
Ohh you have shorthair then ur not metal.Go listen to your fucking Manowar and Iron Maiden.

I had kinda long hair, joined the military and had it shaved off, then got out and grew it long again. I moved to a conservative town and was having a hell of a time finding a job and was tired of waking up with it in my mouth so I cut it all off. Although I would love to grow it long again, I doubt I ever will because I'll be too old to do it (and probably bald) by the time I retire. But hey, got too many bills to pay...

I got a lot of crap when my hair was long from not only from my workmates but my family as well! especially my brother. But eventually i just got it cut, not because of what people were saying, but because it was just hard to handle, it was a pain in the ass maintaining it, although i'm thinking of growing it longer again.

In the words of Frediablo a'la Grimfist-Grow That Hair, Drink that Beer, Live Without Remorse Or Fear...Cause This Is More Than Music, A Lifestyle To The Grave.

Wow. Some metalheads can be really ignorant. I never had long hair, mostly because my hair is thick and frizzy and it would look ridiculous if it was long. And I listen to nothing but metal, and am more of a metalhead than some long haired metalheads will ever be.