Cutting The Hair

I had long hair touching my shoulders until about June of last summer. We were all sitting around and I mentioned if I ever did cut my hair I would just shave it completely..and of course my other two friends were like "Let's do it right now!" So I struck a deal with one of them that if he did it..I would too. And he had had some alcohol so his judgement wasn't at it's peek. So he shaved his head..and looked like a total asshole with it shaved. So I sucked it up sat down..and let them shave me. Best decision I ever made!

SculptedCold said:
heh, long hair is definately for the younger generation, while its thick and strong. That's why mine is staying long for now. IMO long hair looks untidy and dirty on middle/older men regardless of how well groomed and maintained. OLD men with long grey hair can look cool, but otherwise i'd say for under 30's only! Tis the prime. =)
Indeed!

lol

Yeah, when I cut my hair it was sort of an instant decision, it was just annoying me one day and I told mysel, "If it pisses me off anymore I'm fucking cutting it" and I walked outside to get the mail and the wind blew it in the face so that made me cut it, heheh. Ironic that's also the day I got my first Century MEdia magazine thing in the mail, that thing is kind of confusing, oh well.

I think just the opossite of Gink Gothian. Short hair feels more like Freedom, I feel like I've been released from the clutches of an annoying little bitch and I never want her back. :)

I've never had long hair and I never intend to. It's less comfortable than short hair, therefore there is no point to it. Image isn't important.

ginkgothian said:
I'm having long hair and it means so much to me. It's s symbol of freedom, a symbol of beeing strong enough against those who tried to equalize my opinion to theirs...
Whoa, somebody's got a small penis...

Guardian of Darkness said:
I've never had long hair and I never intend to. It's less comfortable than short hair, therefore there is no point to it. Image isn't important.
If image is not important then why cut it? The last I looked. long hair was not the norm in society, people get picked on for having long hair, I don't have long hair for image, I have long hair so that when I play live I can thash around and wing it everywhere.

And Guardian, we do not need to know how large your penis is, keep that to yourself:loco:

Guardian of Darkness said:

Ok.. You've never had long hair but you say short hair is more comfortable than long hair. Now that makes no sense!

I personally dig my locks. No feeling's better than that of a fine woman running her fingers through the locks (Well, that's debatable).

I cut it when it starts to get uncomfortable.

And Avgrund, I stated in exactly the same post that I cut it because it gets uncomfortable. Read more carefully.

its what you like really innit!
Long hair CAN be a pain in the ass .. it takes ages to wash and dry and it gets everywhere!

and one of my v best mates is as metal as it gets and he has always had a skin head... and hello mr phil anselmo.. no denyin he is metal... and how many times has he had a bald bonce!

metal is the music NOT the image !
over and out.

My hair was 3 feet long for over 10 years. In May I got up one day, went to the barber shop and told them to chop it the fuck off. I still don't really know why I did it. Anyway, I kept it shaved over the summer but now that it's getting cold, and I can wear a hat, I'm gonna let it grow back. Or not.

My hair is about 5 inches past my shoulders at this point, and I have no intention of cutting it anytime soon. Luckily, I work at Sam Ash, so I have a feeling that no matter how far I climb up the ladder, they won't really care all that much about how long my hair is, considering one of my bosses has hair down to his waist:p

It just took more effort. Longer to wash, MUCH longer to dry, need to wash it everday or it looks like crap, gotta brush it or it looks like total shit, gets in my way all the time, always having all that weight tucked behind your ears....seriously, having short hair feels so much better after all these years.

I think the reason why us females are a bit reluctant to allow their bfs to cut their hair is simply because it not only looks good, but it feels great...and although we'd like to think of ourselves as unsuperficial, the fact is, we live in a superficial world. No, I wouldn't dump my boyfriend if he cut his hair(though I'd sure be pissed if he did so without my consent), and any woman who would is certainly a whore, but I like the fact that he has long, pretty hair. Also, most of you guys should stop complaining. For fuck's sake, look at what we women put up with everyday! It's not at all difficult to maintain, so get over it!

Raumien said:
It just took more effort. Longer to wash, MUCH longer to dry, need to wash it everday or it looks like crap, gotta brush it or it looks like total shit, gets in my way all the time, always having all that weight tucked behind your ears....seriously, having short hair feels so much better after all these years.
Fortunately for me, that's not the case.

Definately no doubt about it, long hair takes a lot of effort when you're used to short hair. I've got to wash and groom my hair every day no question IF i'm going outside (IE every day =) otherwise it'll be very messy. I'm not so bothered about how it looks to other people if its messy, it just feels greasy, tangled and unmanagable when its dirty, and I hate that. But once you've had long hair for a while, I mean, your life just includes whatever routines you need to keep it clean doesn't it? Women have had long hair all their lives! Yeah short hair is easy to maintain, but long hair is worth it, at least to me.

I'm not concerned with 'looking metal' as it were, although it obviously means that as a result of having long hair, but its also the fact that i've never actually liked how I looked with short hair. So I let it grow and the longer it grows, the more I like how I look myself. I actually think I look sexier with long hair, and it suits me better than short hair ever could....at least while i'm younger anyway. I also love how it feels when its all clean and luvvurly. No doubt about it, long hair makes me feel good and look good!! =D

Two Words: KIMBERLY GOSS :lol:

Tairrie B has rather short hair now, and it looks cool I think;
Btw, I'm female with really thick long hair, and I love my hair, I have no problem with it;)