Hardcore...yay or nay?

im not massively into hardcore in the true sense of the word, ie minor threat etc etc .. i like some black flag, and fugazi i guess you could put in that bracket also, although starting on post hardcore confuses things ..
when it comes to metalcore, a definitely YEY .. seeing as a lot of it is bordering towards death metal anyways, especially a lot of the european bands, such as arkangel, deformity etc etc,, those who havent heard these bands must check them out if you are into death metal ..

i love noisecore stuff such as converge, dillinger, botch, cave in (old), etc etc..

its all metal in the end!

I could go on for ages about the sXe lifestyle, but I won't. Alls I gotta say is that most 'edgers (including me) are not elitists. Most don't give a shit about what others do..and also befriend people that drink/smoke/do drugs/whatever else. Sure..poking some fun at people that don't follow the lifestyle is not outta the question but that's all. No forcing of opinions or judging others or anything of the sort. The assholes are the militant ones (aka "hardliners" or "hate-edge")..along with the ones that will probably sell-out at some point in their life. Fuckin' bastards give being sxe a bad rep.

Whole hXc scene is kinda elitest in a way, though. I've witnessed at countless shows that, although there is a sense of unity and respect, if you don't look a certain way (depending where you're at) you have to prove yourself worthy if you wanna become part of the local scene. Hell..you even have to prove yourself worthy if you DO look that certain way. Same rules apply in the pit. It's ridiculous. Even more ridiculous for us girls in the scene to prove ourselves worthy.

Err..yeah...went on a bit of a tangent there.

what a stupid scene. This is why i dont listin to music out side of black metal and classical. Because its simple not about music its about some social gathering of children trying to be diffrent.

Originally posted by nergal_S
This is why i dont listin to music out side of black metal and classical. Because its simple not about music its about some social gathering of children trying to be diffrent.

Um, not to burst your bubble, but black metal was founded on the grounds of pure image. Euronymous, Varg, etc were merely being different.

everyone face it, the whole fuckin metal scene is pretty elitist .. in fact a hardcore music scene in general, be it jungle, hip hop or whatever is fairly elitist .. there are those who are like "look at me, i like all these bands you've never heard of, arent i great" .. fuckin bullshit ..

in a lot of styles politics sneaks in as well, it does in hardcore, and it does in black metal mostly .. i have been slagged off and threatened with allsorts just cos i am into the MUSIC of certain black metal bands that have fuckin stupid views .. but i still love the music ..

hardcore has the potential of great things, people wise, ie, good lifestyles and all that, as does sXe.. i was straight edge for 4 years, not to be part of a scene, or to be accepted, just cos i didnt wanna drink, more for health and money reasons .. i chose to stop, i chose to start again . i didnt explain it i just did it ..

BUT

there are so many fuckin posers and elitists within the hardcore scene (only speaking about the UK of course, i dont know about the rest of the world, i am assuming the US is similar).. and half of the fuckin kids that ARE straight edge, or into that scene dont even know what the original deal with sXe actually was, as minor threat started it with one set of song lyrics, half the edgers dont even know what song that is.. and its a shame ..

Originally posted by genocide roach
uh, no. quit being ignorant. i have never heard of this "jumping" you speak of. moshing came from the good ole circle pit. it is my personal belief that hardcore dancing came from a guy in a mosh pit suddenly having a siezure and everyone thought it was cool.
~gR~

What a fuckhead.:lol:

Perhaps I am confused and blind... but it seems to me, this is the only thread where an abnormal amount of insults and personal attacks are tossed back and forth. I wonder if this insinuates anything? :)

Hardcore get's one big "GAY" from me.

Honestly, the majority of the scene is garbage.

Candiria = Lame Break Downs and Rap Influences...
Hatebreed = Wiggercore with extremely lame break downs...
And the majority of Hardcore = whining lyrics.... "We're repressed, blah blah, let's unite, blah blah, I kick ass, blah blah, wanna unite and not have sex cause we're sXe, so cool, so elite, blah blah".

I know half of you will sya this is "ignorant" but fuck you, because I was into the scene and know it's not. Most of the stereotypes about hardcore ARE true.

the only hardcore that has my respect is ol school, like Gorilla Biscuits (second wave) or Black Flag (first wave)....

Originally posted by ProphesizedDoom
Hardcore get's one big "GAY" from me.

Honestly, the majority of the scene is garbage.

Candiria = Lame Break Downs and Rap Influences...
Hatebreed = Wiggercore with extremely lame break downs...
And the majority of Hardcore = whining lyrics.... "We're repressed, blah blah, let's unite, blah blah, I kick ass, blah blah, wanna unite and not have sex cause we're sXe, so cool, so elite, blah blah".

I know half of you will sya this is "ignorant" but fuck you, because I was into the scene and know it's not. Most of the stereotypes about hardcore ARE true.

the only hardcore that has my respect is ol school, like Gorilla Biscuits (second wave) or Black Flag (first wave)....

yep, pretty fucking ignorant. Funny how the ones who call stuff "gay", end up liking it up the butt.

Originally posted by Dreamlord
yep, pretty fucking ignorant. Funny how the ones who call stuff "gay", end up liking it up the butt.

I'm sorry, i can't respond, I feel so out-witted, i might have to call up my boyfriend now and bite a pillow, wanna join? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by nergal_S
HAHAHA, good one Prophesized

Don't worry, deep down inside though his petty attack tore at me... I'm crying inside at this very moment from it. It just tears me up inside when i'm attacked so brutally... :lol:

Originally posted by union9
You are such a Fuckhead. :lol:

Hey, it was funny though, I seem more accepted here than in the "Chat" forum... though I'll admit, I didn't come off as the nicest guy.

But you're an Aussie, so it's true that you guys don't eat with knives and spoons right? But with a knoifes and a spouns? :D

Nah man...we just use our hands.We like our meat raw and if we need to take a piss we just go to the corner of the house.We like our metal brutaly heavy and if you look at us wrong we'll rip ya fuck'n head off mate.