Hardcore...yay or nay?

Originally posted by nergal_S
Yes i realy hate hard core,
its so childish, and moronic.
Not to mention the "music" lacks any value what so ever.
If you take the lowest common denominator of society you will see most of them are hard core or punk, or rap fans. (or all 3)

Yes, because Euronymous, Varg, Samoth, etc. were of very high class.:rolleyes:

I can't believe where this thread has got.And i really can't believe all the negative view's towards hardcore from "metal" fans.It just fuels my beliefs that the majority of metal fans are close minded fuckwits with no real desire to step out of the prism they have built around themselves.

And to the Nergal stating hardcore is childish and moronic?And i suppose you listen to all the "mature" bands that crap on about satan and dark forests all whilst wearing their "mature" face paint.Or the lame power metal losers singing about the woes of King Arthur and Dragons and wizards and shit.At least the majority of hardcore deal with real subject matter.The shit that counts.

And hell yeah i love the Cro-mags.Not the biggest Madball fan although i haven't heard to much of there stuff.The singers other projects are alot better.

Originally posted by union9
I can't believe where this thread has got.And i really can't believe all the negative view's towards hardcore from "metal" fans.It just fuels my beliefs that the majority of metal fans are close minded fuckwits with no real desire to step out of the prism they have built around themselves.

I like my prism, keeps the hardcore out.

like i said before, i could EASILY find you plenty of hardcore and metalcore bands that you would be erect over if you even bothered to give them a chance .. but whats the point ..

"Yes, because Euronymous, Varg, Samoth, etc. were of very high class."
HAHAHA!!! good call Dreamlord!!
see, i am laughing at that, even though i love Mayhem, Burzum and Emperor and have done for about 9 years each!!! but when you compare some of their actions versus the hardcore lot, well, it is distinctely laughable to be honest!!! ..

this is a reply to the post union9 has put up here....

close minded???..most of us that say we don't like hardcore have tried listening to it...it doesnt work for us...

you are the one being close minded here because we say we don't like something...and you flip out...why don't you just accept it?....we aren't putting hardcore down...we're just stating the points that we don't like about it...

and calling the music we listen to full of makeup and blah blah blah....

go fuck yourself man...you have no idea what you're talking about...

and you're calling it immature???....are you on something man?....they are the most mature...it has story...technicallity...love...passion...any thing you could possibly imagine...satan...god...hate...death...life....power....etc etc...

hardcore fans are as mature as the 30 year old kids in NOFX....its like the punk scene...its not going to get anywhere (the politics part of it anyway.)...its not going to accomplish anything except filling pockets with money...the rest of it is pure fun...but it is immature..to me hardcore fans are probably the most close minded people...if you say you don't like hardcore...and you say you like black metal...they are most likely going to say "you fucking satanist...get the fuck away from me...loser..."

what a bunch of shit you are talking...

you don't know metal

so :p

sorry to cause a dispute but it seems you dont know hardcore ..
i dont understand why there is such a fuckin divide , and things like this certainly wont help .. ive seen the entire metal scene and hardcore scene get split into so many parts, and its fuckin pathetic and idiotic .. at the end of the day its all just fuckin metal, why cant everyone just get on with it, and instead of slagging off people that are coming from a similar mindset, everyone just get along and kill lots of trendy boy band fans!!!!

you all seem to have forgotten the fuckin plot somewhere along the way, its fuckin scandalous!

agreed...i'm tiring of arguing...i'm sticking to myself...

ha ha...yea right...

but enough about hardcore....i didn't expect this thread to get as far as it did....

final result: people like it and people don't like it...just like any other genre in metal there is...

:D

Originally posted by digitaldemon62
this is a reply to the post union9 has put up here....

close minded???..most of us that say we don't like hardcore have tried listening to it...it doesnt work for us...

you are the one being close minded here because we say we don't like something...and you flip out...why don't you just accept it?....we aren't putting hardcore down...we're just stating the points that we don't like about it...

and calling the music we listen to full of makeup and blah blah blah....

go fuck yourself man...you have no idea what you're talking about...

and you're calling it immature???....are you on something man?....they are the most mature...it has story...technicallity...love...passion...any thing you could possibly imagine...satan...god...hate...death...life....power....etc etc...

hardcore fans are as mature as the 30 year old kids in NOFX....its like the punk scene...its not going to get anywhere (the politics part of it anyway.)...its not going to accomplish anything except filling pockets with money...the rest of it is pure fun...but it is immature..to me hardcore fans are probably the most close minded people...if you say you don't like hardcore...and you say you like black metal...they are most likely going to say "you fucking satanist...get the fuck away from me...loser..."

what a bunch of shit you are talking...

you don't know metal

so :p

Man...You must've met the WRONG hardcore crowd.I don't know my metal?I'm not even going to bother to argue that statement.And their's plenty of dark motherfuckers in the hardcore scene my friend.Integrity anyone?Dwid would put half those fuckers to shame with his knowledge and involvement in the Dark Arts.Not that thats my scene.Satanism and christianity are the same fucking thing to me.It's all shit.But i do lean more towards the darker bands as the music is indeed better.And who the fuck said NOFX were hardcore??Yeah...i might speak shit but at least i don't eat it.

I enjoy Hardcore but sometimes I am a little confused what falls under the Hardcore umbrella. AFI is one of my favorite bands and a lot of people say they used to be Hardcore but I just consider them punk. Suicidal Tendencies, Agnostic Front and the Nerve Agents are great, some people consider them Hardcore. So if those bands are what you are talking about then yes I enjoy Hardcore.

Originally posted by PaulTangaroa
why? just because he agrees with you!? thats fuckin bullshit!!!
right, i love death metal, black, grind, hardcore, noisecore, metalcore, all of it, each scene has truly inspiring bands (i bet i could play the extreme death metallers some bands in the hardcore/metalcore scene that they would jizz everywhere over) .. and each scene has some true fuckin shit ..
and like has already been mentioned, every scene has some right fuckin idiots involved in it .. ive known some complete dick-end death and black metallers as much as ive known some tit-end hardcore/sXe'rs .. so everyone shut up being so fuckin childish saying its gay and all that, every scene and every genre on the earth has good and has crap ..

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

like i said before, i could EASILY find you plenty of hardcore and metalcore bands that you would be erect over if you even bothered to give them a chance .. but whats the point ..

Dude, why don't you then? Don't sit here spouting out useless drivel that you're not going to go through with. Honestly, send me ANY new hardcore bands (post-1995) and I'll tell you how and why they suck. Until then, shut your trap.

sorry to cause a dispute but it seems you dont know hardcore ..
i dont understand why there is such a fuckin divide , and things like this certainly wont help .. ive seen the entire metal scene and hardcore scene get split into so many parts, and its fuckin pathetic and idiotic .. at the end of the day its all just fuckin metal, why cant everyone just get on with it, and instead of slagging off people that are coming from a similar mindset, everyone just get along and kill lots of trendy boy band fans!!!!

you all seem to have forgotten the fuckin plot somewhere along the way, its fuckin scandalous!

Would you please stop leaking out ignorant "logic" onto the forum. Hardcore is NOT metal. Hardcore is derived from Punk, not metal. Hardcore is composed of cheesy songs loaded up with break-downs and lack of guitar skills.

And why can't we get over it? Maybe because Metal is a life-style, and when you're a part of a lifestyle you're going to defend it. To say bands like One King Down, Throwdown, All Out War and Sick of It All are metal is utter ignorance and nonetheless offensive to people who live a lifestyle.

Honestly, so we both hate boybands, we have something in common, whop-de-fucking-do! I don't care, hardcore is full of unintelligent and uneducated fucks (the majority) and honestly, you sit here laughing at Power Metal for singing of fantasies (which usually come from books, something the hardcore scene hasn't heard of) and Black Metal condemning religion's (which half of them can argue quite well) while you're little Hardcore scene sits there whining about how imperfect the world is. Well guess what, a utopia will NEVER exist, humanity is imperfect, hence the world is imperfect. Unfortunately they have some idiotic mindset that maybe if they try hard enough we can all get along and hold hands while abstaining from sex until marriage in a drug/alcohol free world in which we can all know karate for when a show comes around. Well guess what? not only does half of that sound gay, but it's just not going to happen, at least while my heterosexual ass is alive it wont happen.

Now please, refrain from posting anymore, I do't think you canhelp your stupidity at this point, go read something, you can start with an easy book or soemthing, and then maybe one day make it to Harry Potter, but until then, don't try to pull off being smart, it's not working.

Originally posted by union9
Man...You must've met the WRONG hardcore crowd.I don't know my metal?I'm not even going to bother to argue that statement.And their's plenty of dark motherfuckers in the hardcore scene my friend.Integrity anyone?Dwid would put half those fuckers to shame with his knowledge and involvement in the Dark Arts.Not that thats my scene.Satanism and christianity are the same fucking thing to me.It's all shit.But i do lean more towards the darker bands as the music is indeed better.And who the fuck said NOFX were hardcore??Yeah...i might speak shit but at least i don't eat it.

At least you brought up a good example of an argument. Integrity is one of the few intellectual bands of the hardcore scene, but still they aren't exactly dark. I'd say more of a shade of gray. :D

Also trust me, Trey Azagoth could easily outsmart him. Though I'm sure Dwid could easily outsmart half of the Black Metal scene (it's mainly a scene full of sheep, what they condemn, coincidence? Haha.) But there are some really intellectual Black Metallers who can argue their point beyond belief who'd outsmart him.

What dumb cocksucker is saying hardcore isn't metal? I bet it's the same people who consider new Katatonia as metal and The Gathering as metal. Wake up people and realize you're just plain dumb.

Stoner Rock is considered metal, yet the word 'Rock' is in the name. Noisecore bands (Neurosis, Mastodon, TOday is the Day) originated from Hardcore music, yet these bands are more 'metal' than your average run-of-the-mill death metal or cookie-cutter black metal. Once again, the word 'metal' is nowhere to be found, yet metalheads go to great lengths to defend these bands. Also, some may not know, that before Neurosis released 'Souls at Zero', they were *gasp* a hardcore band.

Ok this is how you can tell if a band is metal or hard core.

Hard core bands look like this
stampingground_2001.jpg

Merauder.jpg

and metal bands look like this

nonexist.jpg
unleashed_2001.jpg