Hardcore...yay or nay?

Originally posted by genocide roach
did i hit a nerve? hardcore sucks, IMO. they act like they are all tough with their angry music and silly pit siezures. i cant take hardcore seriously, the music is boring and they act like idiots with their hardcore "dancing"

i'll stick with metal
~gR~

do you even know what hardcore is? it certainly has nothing to do with poison the well and karate dancing. don't metal kids mosh at shows? a circle pit of metal heads is almost as bad as "silly pit seizures". metal isn't angry? do you even listen to metal?

Hi I have come to this site a couple of times to see what the metal kids are up to and what is new in the metal/black/doom/death/etc..etc...scene and I happen to come across a hardcore thread. I didn't plan on responding but maybe I can help clear a few things up. I have been active in the HC scene for a while(& years) andI go to a couple shows a week I help put on shows and have sung for a couple of bands, so I thought maybe I could add a hardcore kids perspective to this thread. some people had great posts in this thread props to the guy who likes champion! and some where very ignorant, any ways,
I am straight edge have been for 7 years and I am 22. straight- edge means different things to different people but what it basically is no smoking, drinking, drugs or permiscueis(sp?) sex alot of straight edge kids are also vegans and vegitarians and yes some are christians but straightedge by its self has nothing to do with church or christ. the only reason you guys see these asshole straightedgers is because they run around screaming look at me I am straightedge, by wearing sxe hats shirts xs on hands etc..etc.. most of my freinds are not sxe but most edgers I know could care less what other people do. don't let a small population "hate edgers" give real straight edge kids a bad name.
as far as our "karate dancing" goes it is simply how we dance at shows. you guys mosh by running in to each other we mosh by dancing. At first I thought it was retared too but when you go to shows every week for years running into each other gets old real fast. I can see why people think you can get hurt. yes there are some assholes but if you know how to dance or what moves other people are doing it is easy to avoid solid contact and stay unscathed. and to the person who went to see Bleeding Through not "Throught"kids do alot of stages dives and when they do it feet first it is called a headwalk, get it? candira is not HC there are influended by it and or a great band but they are not real hardcore. for those who said hardcore takes no talent wtf? you couldn't even come up with any hardcore bands besides black flag, minor threat, hatebreed ptw....etc..etc.. you don't even know any good hardcore bands so how can you have a opinion on it when you are completly ignorant. don't judge a whole genre on a couple of bands. elitest? wtf? maybe some kids are but that is inherant in any counter culture music scene. I have talked to many elitest black/death metal kids and I am sure you have too it just goes with the territory. to those who said HC takes no talent maybe you should check out some of the new tech bands out there.(technical hardcore for those who don't know)anyways this post is too long but please responed tell me why you hate or love core or why you think metal is better.

p.s. posion the well is not emocore they are just melodic hardcore band with signing parts and there newer cd "tear from the red"sucks I hope that cd is not what you are using to judge the validty of hardcore.

jeez :) :) :)

mood killer... :rolleyes:

ha ha...jk...i guess we should take it from you?...but ptw still sounds emocore to me....oh and i don't think anyone mentioned the awesome band that is maybe the only hardcore i would listen to besides maybe unearth....

no one mentioned Bane....oh well

yep bane rocks unearth is good too.
sorry if I sounded like some pseduo expert prick or something its just that hardcore is a major part of my life and I wanted to clear shit up and add a new perspective to this thread.

Finally.Someone sharing positive views towards the Hardcore scene.I'm a fan of alot of genres but brutal hardcore and Death/grind would indeed be where i'm most comfortable.Why do i like Hardcore so much?The music.It's so primal and when done by the right guy's,it can be so meltingly brutal.I tend to lean more towards the metal infused core but love the roots just as much.Bands like Minor Threat and Sick Of It all,early C.O.C. and Agnostic Front were the ones that got me started.But now Integrity,Strife,Pro-Pain,Snapcase,Earth Crisis,Mindsnare,Toe To Toe,Stampin Ground,Freebase easily stand up and ripe'n an ever growing and influential scene.I have my own band now and we have more than our fare share of hardcore infused with our already mixed style of heavy,extreme metal.

Originally posted by xjailbaitx
Hi I have come to this site a couple of times to see what the metal kids are up to and what is new in the metal/black/doom/death/etc..etc...scene and I happen to come across a hardcore thread. I didn't plan on responding but maybe I can help clear a few things up. I have been active in the HC scene for a while(& years) andI go to a couple shows a week I help put on shows and have sung for a couple of bands, so I thought maybe I could add a hardcore kids perspective to this thread. some people had great posts in this thread props to the guy who likes champion! and some where very ignorant, any ways,
I am straight edge have been for 7 years and I am 22. straight- edge means different things to different people but what it basically is no smoking, drinking, drugs or permiscueis(sp?) sex alot of straight edge kids are also vegans and vegitarians and yes some are christians but straightedge by its self has nothing to do with church or christ. the only reason you guys see these asshole straightedgers is because they run around screaming look at me I am straightedge, by wearing sxe hats shirts xs on hands etc..etc.. most of my freinds are not sxe but most edgers I know could care less what other people do. don't let a small population "hate edgers" give real straight edge kids a bad name.
as far as our "karate dancing" goes it is simply how we dance at shows. you guys mosh by running in to each other we mosh by dancing. At first I thought it was retared too but when you go to shows every week for years running into each other gets old real fast. I can see why people think you can get hurt. yes there are some assholes but if you know how to dance or what moves other people are doing it is easy to avoid solid contact and stay unscathed. and to the person who went to see Bleeding Through not "Throught"kids do alot of stages dives and when they do it feet first it is called a headwalk, get it? candira is not HC there are influended by it and or a great band but they are not real hardcore. for those who said hardcore takes no talent wtf? you couldn't even come up with any hardcore bands besides black flag, minor threat, hatebreed ptw....etc..etc.. you don't even know any good hardcore bands so how can you have a opinion on it when you are completly ignorant. don't judge a whole genre on a couple of bands. elitest? wtf? maybe some kids are but that is inherant in any counter culture music scene. I have talked to many elitest black/death metal kids and I am sure you have too it just goes with the territory. to those who said HC takes no talent maybe you should check out some of the new tech bands out there.(technical hardcore for those who don't know)anyways this post is too long but please responed tell me why you hate or love core or why you think metal is better.

p.s. posion the well is not emocore they are just melodic hardcore band with signing parts and there newer cd "tear from the red"sucks I hope that cd is not what you are using to judge the validty of hardcore.

What I read.... "blah blah blah, you just don't understand us blah blah blah I'm sXe, blah blah blah, you Black Death Eltisits, blahb blah blah blah *whine blah blah blah"

Oh man, I just summed up a post that propbably tok you so much time in 1 minute, that must make you feel like shit, at least I hope it does.

Anywa I too was into Hardcore, and yes, most of the asshoels into are as annoying as they say. I'm right in NY in the middle of where the NYHC scene takes place so please, don't tell me I don't know shit.

Also melodic hardcore? Dude, Hardcore is never melodic, are you sure you're talking about the right scene?

And Tech-hardcore? You're definitly talking about a different scene, last I remember every band played the same cheesy breakdown ot "jug jug jug jugga" one every one of their CD's on at least 2/3's of the tracks.

Yes i realy hate hard core,
its so childish, and moronic.
Not to mention the "music" lacks any value what so ever.
If you take the lowest common denominator of society you will see most of them are hard core or punk, or rap fans. (or all 3)

Originally posted by nergal_S
Prophesize is the only one who knows what hes talking about.
why? just because he agrees with you!? thats fuckin bullshit!!!
right, i love death metal, black, grind, hardcore, noisecore, metalcore, all of it, each scene has truly inspiring bands (i bet i could play the extreme death metallers some bands in the hardcore/metalcore scene that they would jizz everywhere over) .. and each scene has some true fuckin shit ..
and like has already been mentioned, every scene has some right fuckin idiots involved in it .. ive known some complete dick-end death and black metallers as much as ive known some tit-end hardcore/sXe'rs .. so everyone shut up being so fuckin childish saying its gay and all that, every scene and every genre on the earth has good and has crap ..

and thats not me being elitist before someone says it ,, its me being knowledgeable enough about BOTH scenes to be able to say it .. and having played in some successful death/grind bands and also straight edge vegan bands in my time as well, i have seen the scenes from the inside, in both the UK and in Europe as well, so feel educated enough to say my peace confidently ..