HEATHEN CRUSADE PART 2 !! List bands that should appear

Opeth17 said:
I think Borknagar is a brilliant idea for this personally, though I'm sure I'll be ignored. They are a rather big name in metal, but not so much so that they are touring all over the world. They almost never play live shows and have stated plainly that they would play the U.S. if they got an offer to come here. It seems that they simply haven't been given a chance to be even an opener on a tour over here, despite how good they are and how relatively well known their name is. Looks like they'll be at Inferno, which is basically in their home city, but they have quite a legion of U.S. fans who probably won't get a chance to see them live for years at this rate. I think they have a LOT of draw power and could be a potential headliner. If nothing else they fit in with the whole, "bands that don't/rarely play live" thing that a festival like Heathen Crusade or RC Fest seems to be going for. Plus, with Vintersorg as vocalist, who knows, maybe you could book like nineteen bands all in one fell swoop.:D

I have to be honest, this is a brilliant idea.

You also bring up a good idea Max; "sponsoring" bands. I know Glenn (ProgPower) allows people to sponsor bands for $500.

While of course that doesn't pay for even half of what a band might cost, that could cover hotel rooms for an entire band for one night, or something like that.

you know you like it ;)

On a more serious note... thats not a bad idea. have some sort of 50/50 or a raffle draw for some sort of special shit, maybe see if some of the more enthusiastic bands would be willing to sign their sweaty t-shirts or some shit. I dunno.

oh there will be interactivity at this thing ... games and stuff fo sho ... giveaways, etc ...
it would be like a total whoringfest ...