Which band do you think will rule Heathen Crusade?

Little tidbit re: November's Doom, btw

Chicago's NOVEMBERS DOOM, who are currently in the writing process for their still-untitled follow-up to 2005's successful "The Pale Haunt Departure" (due out sometime in 2006 on The End Records), will be taking a break from studio work to take part in the inaugural Heathen Crusade Festival in Minnesota in January.

About the upcoming festival appearance, singer Paul Kuhr comments: "On January 21, 2006 NOVEMBERS DOOM will be performing at the Heathen Crusade Festival in Minnesota, and it looks as if this will be our only live appearance until we complete writing and recording the new CD in early 2006. For this reason, we are very excited to take a break from the process to play live. The fantastic lineup for the Heathen Crusade makes the break more then worth while, as this is looking to be one of the best metal festivals in the country so far, and we're proud to be a part of it.

"The last opportunity we had to play in Minnesota, I fell quite ill, and the crowd was treated to a NOVEMBERS DOOM performance where the vocal duties were handled by guitarist Larry, so this year, I get to make it up to Minnesota fans. We'll be playing a mixture of material spanning most of our CD catalog, and a possibility you may hear something from the upcoming CD as well. Make your travel arrangements for this one, it's going to be worth it!"

Also scheduled to appear are Finland's MOONSORROW, Ireland's PRIMORDIAL, Sweden's THYRFING, THE CHASM, TYPHUS and TODESBONDEN. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 day of show. More information is available at www.heathencrusade.com.

markgugs said:
How have ticket sales been thus far? What are you guys expecting?

Just curious...

Not bad, the orders have been coming in pretty steadily. But of course, they could be better.

We are expecting attendance to be around 650-750.

kupshi said:
Not bad, the orders have been coming in pretty steadily. But of course, they could be better.

We are expecting attendance to be around 650-750.

Hmmm, I hope it's as good as it can be for you guys. Mostly for selfish reasons: I don't want this to be 1 & done!

Here, you might like these (from Wacken '03):

DSC00283.JPG

DSC00284.JPG

DSC00287.JPG

DSC00288.JPG

DSC00293.JPG

DSC00295.JPG

DSC00298.JPG

:headbang:

awesome pic ....

thyrfing_arnhem05_002.JPG

this does not look like blood OR dirt ... i hope its not what i think :loco:

thyrfing_arnhem05_013.JPG

General Zod said:
Is he the lead singer or a plumber?

Zod

Well.... you know how tough it is for underground metal musicians to make a full-time living from their craft..... in this particular instance the lead singer of Thyrfing had like 20 minutes to make this gig from his full time day job as ...... well.... a plumber.