HEATHEN CRUSADE PART 2 !! List bands that should appear

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
This thread is to help the organizers pick bands for the next festival. They need our unsolicited advice !!!

So list bands, and explain why you think they would kick ass at an event such as Heathen Crusade.

Note the main bands from this year: Novembers Doom, Primordial, Thyrfing, Moonsorrow, and The Chasm. So choose something in the same vein.

:Spin:

Haha, you can tell when Erik's been drinking. He gets all feisty.

Anyway, I second Agalloch. They would fill the slot that Toesarebroken took this year. HC needs that melancholic mid-section interlude that Agalloch would suit perfectly.

Bergthron (As one of the european fly overs)
Noekk (Get some empyrium covers in there)

Thorns of the Carrion (OH) Local band. (Don't know how active they are though.)

Reign in Acai said:
Royal Carnage fest needs to be headlined by a reuinted Empyrium. There is no other option.

Not headlining because the fest needs to draw a crowd, at least just to break even.

However, as ideas go, if Schwadorf and Helm were to even entertain the idea, I would be all over it.

Fuck, I wouldn't even throw them in to RC fest. I'd get some small seated auditorium and have Empyrium and Agalloch play back to back. No support, no sponsors. Just the bands, a one of a kind concert shirt, and a split 10" ONLY available at the show.

I would also get the rights to film the show, and record it from the soundboard.

Can you imagine a live version of "The Blue Mists of Night"?

Oh what a wonderous thought.

Is Iced Earth still the projected headliner?

And did Kupshi and the gang lose any money on this endeavor? If they broke even with Moonsorrow headlining, why would an Empyrium reuiniting be so far fetched? They are atleast equal if not more popular than Moonsorrow. Or am I overestimating their draw power?

Reign in Acai said:
Oh what a wonderous thought.

Is Iced Earth still the projected headliner?

And did Kupshi and the gang lose any money on this endeavor? If they broke even with Moonsorrow headlining, why would an Empyrium reuiniting be so far fetched? They are atleast equal if not more popular than Moonsorrow. Or am I overestimating their draw power?

you're way overestimating Empyrium's draw power, not to mention their snoozability :D

MadeInNewJersey said:
you're way overestimating Empyrium's draw power, not to mention their snoozability :D

Well pass the blanket and the warm milk. :)

The thing with Iced Earth is, they draw a different type of metal crowd. You want to sell tickets sure. But you also want to create a type of atmosphere the likes of which you seen in Minnesota. That atmosphere was primarily created by people who flew and drew hundreds of miles to see this show. Now if you bring IE in, all you will be getting is local power metal junkies and dudes with blue hairdo's and
I.C.P shirts (true story). None of which will appreciate Negura Bunget, Agalloch, Hammers or any other band you plan on giving a platform.