Help me get Nat 3 and I'll make it worth your while with impulses galore!

Wow, i've just spent the last hour reading this thread word for word and it sounds great. I figure i've missed the donation time, but again, if further mullah is required please pm me. I think once i have heard the results i will purchase nebula 2, as im sure 32-bit will be "double" the quality of what i need at the moment. Good luck with it all Marcus, and needless to say (but i will anyway haha!) don't rush it : )

Epic thread!

P.S

I think its excellent we have some hands on service here, big props to Franc @ Acusticaaudio :kickass:

Ok, Francesco very graciously walked me through the whole process, and I'm now ready to go - get this, though: making one sample takes 20 minutes of sine sweeps, pops, and general pandemonium! :ill: I'm really glad I'm home at my parents' house to do this (they're kind enough to relocate to another room) cuz at my apartment at school my neighbors would crucify me! :lol: Expect a shootout this evening, and thanks again for your help and support guys!

Holy fuck this is happening a lot sooner than I imagined!

Really can't wait for the shootout, I bet Ermin is about to wet his pants too :lol: I'm in the same boat as him, I want to be able to not have to worry about cabinets and mic'ing. Here's to hoping Neb/Nat is the key to a breakthrough for all of us :kickass: Maybe soon enough mic'ing a cabinet will be in the same regard as using tape to record? :p

~006

Holy fuck this is happening a lot sooner than I imagined!

Really can't wait for the shootout, I bet Ermin is about to wet his pants too :lol: I'm in the same boat as him, I want to be able to not have to worry about cabinets and mic'ing. Here's to hoping Neb/Nat is the key to a breakthrough for all of us :kickass: Maybe soon enough mic'ing a cabinet will be in the same regard as using tape to record? :p

~006

:lol:

Well hopefully, we should all be waking up to audio paradise in the UK tomorrow morning :p

Great, amazing. It's happening a lot faster than even I imagined too.

I'm really glad actually that it takes 20 minutes to sample the cab (sorry Marcus), because a simple sine sweep just wasn't ever going to capture everything. It's almost a reassuring feel that the process itself is a substantial one, and hopefully less is left to operator error (some people were using pink noise, some sweeps, some actual playing performances).

Can't wait!

I'm off to the studio now for what's hopefully to be my last ever cab mic'ing session :)

Alright, I was only able to make 2 (same mic position, different presence settings) before I had to stop, cuz honestly, all those sine sweeps for 20 minutes in a row, twice, actually made me feel physically ill; I guess something about the fight or flight response being triggered from all those perpetually bizarre noises. But I spent some time getting the mic in a good spot, so I think it'll be quality over quantity! And of course, don't think I won't be making more in the future :)

HOWEVER - how do I open these in Nebula? :erk: I can't even find a way to get a dialog box open to load them...

Since it's possible to emulate the affect that the different controls have with these impulses, would it be possible to sample the cabinets in a way that the mic placement itself is one of the manipulatable controls? I'm sure it would probably take forever to do but presumably you could make an impulse of a cabinet where you can still place the mic wherever you want on the cone via a parameter for controlling mic position...

:lol: It seems we'll need a metalhead-friendly version of the software. Francesco!?

@Forbidden: The mic placement idea is ace. Heck, they could even do a scaled down version of Nebula where the mic placement is represented by a graphic, that you can alter depending on where the author of the 'impulse' mic'ed for that particular set.

Haha, well tons of the metalheads on here are computer geniuses, but I can't count myself amongst their ranks! (and only now do I care :D)