Help this noob discover real metal?

Recommending Burzum is moronic. Can you even read? The guy listens to Mudvayne and Slipknot and can't stand growls.

Getting used to heavier stuff is quickest and easiest on a shallow learning curve. So start with Soilwork and CoB but they're not very good bands so as soon as you "get it" move on to death and black.

OR do as I said... avoid the mediocre bands you recommended and go for the classic old shit and THEN progress to heavier stuff.

My experience with noobs has revealed a strong distaste for the classics. They want modern sounding music because it's more relevant to them, or so they believe at the time.

You don't learn to read by picking up Shakespeare.

[Show no mercy - 93%
Hell awaits - 93%
Reign in blood - 92%
South of heaven - 93%
Seasons in the abyss - 92%
divine intervention - 87%
/QUOTE]

Show No Mercy 100%
Haunting The Shapel 50 something %
didn't get Hell Awaits yet
Reign In Blood 80%
South Of Heaven 0% I HATE THIS ALBUM WHAT A WASTE OF FREAKIN MONEY.
Seasons In The Abyss: 80%
Didn't get Divine Intervention yet as I heard a lot of bad reviews over it.

Also Number Of The Beast is not a good metal album to start with. First time I listened to it I didn't like it at all. Bruce was at first to me the worst vocalist I ever heard. This quickly changed after I listened to Dance Of Death. I then became a fan of the band after that album. I used to not like Slayer also but my opinion changed when I heard God Hates Us All.

Yes Burzum is an amazing band better try them out, no idea what a noob to metal well feel of the band though.

My experience with noobs has revealed a strong distaste for the classics. They want modern sounding music because it's more relevant to them, or so they believe at the time.

Exactly why I loved God Hates Us All and Dance Of Death.

[Show no mercy - 93%
Hell awaits - 93%
Reign in blood - 92%
South of heaven - 93%
Seasons in the abyss - 92%
divine intervention - 87%
/QUOTE]

Show No Mercy 100%
Haunting The Shapel 50 something %
didn't get Hell Awaits yet
Reign In Blood 80%
South Of Heaven 0% I HATE THIS ALBUM WHAT A WASTE OF FREAKIN MONEY.
Seasons In The Abyss: 80%
Didn't get Divine Intervention yet as I heard a lot of bad reviews over it.

Also Number Of The Beast is not a good metal album to start with. First time I listened to it I didn't like it at all. Bruce was at first to me the worst vocalist I ever heard. This quickly changed after I listened to Dance Of Death. I then became a fan of the band after that album. I used to not like Slayer also but my opinion changed when I heard God Hates Us All.

Yes Burzum is an amazing band better try them out, no idea what a noob to metal well feel of the band though.

Exactly why I loved God Hates Us All and Dance Of Death.

You hate South of Heaven but love God Hates Us All? And Haunting the Chapel 50%? What the hell are you on dude?

what would the noob like? That is such an interesting question. I detoured around by buying a pink floyd album on a whim, falling in love with it, becomeing a fan of prog rock, and then checking out death from a recommendation on a prog board. So, I never disliked the classics, but I never liked slipknot either. So, I've been trying to get my friend into good metal, and he is a SOAD slipknot sort. It hasn't been working too well.

Well I couldn't be screwed reading every post, but if you want a some real metal.

Amon Amarth
Anthrax
Arch Enemy
At The Gates
Blind Guardian
Cannibal Corpse
Carcass
Chimaira
Children Of Bodom
Cradle Of Filth
DÅÅTH
Dark Tranquillity
Daylight Dies
Deicide
DevilDriver
Dimmu Borgir
DragonForce
Dream Theater
Edge Of Sanity
Fear Factory
Iced Earth
In Flames
Insomnium
Iron Maiden
Karnivool
Kataklysm
Machine Head
Mercenary
Metallica
Nirvana
Novembers Doom
Obituary
Opeth
Roadrunner United
Sepultura
Slayer
Slipknot
Soulfly
Swallow The Sun
System Of A Down
Zonaria

Kapow.

Hey, sup. I'm new.. I made an introduction post in the introduction thing..haha. Anyways, what I really need is to discover some good metal. You see..I listen to bands like:

Mudvayne
Marilyn Manson
Slipknot
System of A Down

I need to get into heavier metal..but I've always been turned off by death metal like Cannibal Corpse and etc..I can't stand the vocals. So, I think I need to take baby-steps to get into real metal. What are good beginner bands for a nub like me? :heh:

Well I couldn't be screwed reading every post, but if you want a some real metal.

Children Of Bodom
DÅÅTH
DevilDriver
Karnivool
Machine Head
Roadrunner United
Slipknot
Soulfly

Kapow.

1. he doesn't want slipknot and other metalcore
2. roadrunner united isn't even a band
3. DAATH? Who?