How did you get into Katatonia's music?

I'm a newer fan, having started with Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

It was the ravings of fellow posters on the IGN Metal boards that got me interested...that and the music playing on the website. Wondering why Last Fair Deal... was so hard to get, I found it on half.com and snatched it up there. Since then, I've bought Tonight's Decision and Discouraged Ones. I love TD, but I'll have to listen to DO again.

:)

I first heard a weird cd called Dance of December Souls at 1998 :puke: (hey dont kill me, it was on that time, I was more in death/thrash metal)

then for curiosity I bought Discoureged Ones, for the first listen I was bored:cry: , but two more listenings, I didn't get it out of my cd player :headbang:

the real weird thing is that am dying to have my own Dance of December Souls !!!! :devil: :worship: , what about the reissue ??, somebody knows??

I first heard Passing Bird on a metal Hammer free CD (A British metal mag) back when I was mostly into more mainstream metal. I really liked it and say Discouraged Ones in a shop somewhere, however after buying it I thought it was crap! As the shop I bought it from dont do refunds unless there is a fault in the CD I scratched my copy up, claimed it was like that when I bought it and got a refund. (I feel so guilty for my actions now! I defaced a Katatonia CD, something I will never forgive myself for!)
Anyway a couple of months later LFDGD came out and the packaging was so cool I bought it and loved it straight away. Then over time I got into the older stuff and a couple of days ago finally bought Discouraged Ones on the net. I havent got it yet but am sure I'll love it this time!

Pretty much the same way deepinmisery did. I read an interview or something and Mikael said he didnt understand why not many listened to Katatonia so i gave them a try and fell in love and have every album from dance of december souls to LFDGD and cant wait for Viva Emptiness.

I bought a copy of a magazine (it was terrorizer or some foriegn metal mag) and read an interview with Anders about the time brave Murder Day came out. I saw the cover of brave Murder Day and realized that this must be a depressing-as-fuck album. soon after i was tape trading at the time and got BMD on a trade (together with Opeth's morningrise) but the chick cut out "Murder" from the tape cause both albums didn't fit, I bought the album not long after it, and turns out Murder is one of my fav kat songs. Also Morningrise became one of my favorite albums, no one told me that they both had the same singer hehe

I was growing tired of black metal and I heard Deadhouse at a friend's house
I liked it and bought the album
that was how I started

Originally posted by John Carvajal
:)
then for curiosity I bought Discoureged Ones, for the first listen I was bored:cry: , but two more listenings, I didn't get it out of my cd player :headbang:

I'm still bored with it.. :eek: can't help it