How Do You Improve Your Mood?

because most situations in life aren't "black & white", logic and objectivity have a tendency to throw emotions to the curbside (emotions are a real phenomena in life that we need to deal with), even when looking at something objectively it's always done so subjectively, and alas - telling yourself to suck it up and stop being a pussy is just repression. i don't think i have to explain how repressing emotions manifest themselves in one way or another - usually negatively.

what Ken said ... unless you LIKE being in a shitty mood. some people find comfort in it and safety. if you are always in shitty moods, being happy feels unknown and scarier than being depressed.

yeah i have stopped being afraid of being happy but i'm not strictly happy either i guess i'm mostly just in "who cares it's all going to work out" mode

because most situations in life aren't "black & white", logic and objectivity have a tendency to throw emotions to the curbside (emotions are a real phenomena in life that we need to deal with), even when looking at something objectively it's always done so subjectively, and alas - telling yourself to suck it up and stop being a pussy is just repression. i don't think i have to explain how repressing emotions manifest themselves in one way or another - usually negatively.
okay i buy this argument totally but i was more thinking of day-to-day "sigh i don't feel so great right now" unhappiness than actual real problems that you have to deal with

like when you're all "blehhh work sucks and it's raining outside boo hoo", that's when i gotta say it's proper to tell yourself to shut up

but re: the other point in the original post: i have always solved nearly all my problems on my own because that's how i work. i sort shit through in my head until it makes sense, i guess. it entails dealing with emotions too -- and dealing with your problems intelligently is partly balancing reason vs. emotion and letting neither take control of you entirely i guess

Bring the wife and kids. My wife and kids can entertain them while we cruise for chicks...at themall or something. :loco:

I've heard Yellow Springs is nice. What do you have, about a 6 hour drive?

The wealthier the mall, the hotter the chicks. I researched this personally.

I made it to Bogart's in Cinci in 4 even. To Greene County with two kids will take approx 932 hours.

Wow, dorian just pulled off the triple-quote-post. Well played, sir, well played... *golf clap*