How far does your taste branch out within the realms of metal?

I feel the same way as Einherjar but I can understand where Dodens is coming from. I do think you should try to see the good side of everyone you meet because it will increase the odds of making a friend/sexing them, but if you can't you can't.

I think that's different though than the usual metalhead "most people are worthless and awful" statements which are just stupid.

It's clear that Matt is actually just a teddy bear and that most of his opinions of people here are sarcastic and intentionally asshole-sounding.

The fact that most people are not like me leads me to the conclusion that I would not be well served by getting to know most people. I don't understand why people feeling this way seems to be a legitimate problem for some people.

That's pretty sad. Humanity's strength is its diversity. Perhaps you feel uncomfortable around people who you don't obviously have something in common with, and find it easier to withdraw than make the effort to get to know them. That's what it sounds like.

"Preserve Thy Loneliness"

While I may hold the view that most people aren't worth getting to know (from my own personal perspective, given my views on certain things), I should clarify that I don't harbor ill will on anybody, and generally am largely indifferent to the vast majority of people, but am very sympathetic toward suffering and personal plights and struggles and whatnot, and I by no means blow people off who try to talk to me, but rather try to be friendly and talk to them, even if I know that they're not the type of person I'd like to have around me. In other words, I'm not nearly as much of a dick as I may sound. :zombie:
I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. It's not as if you're saying you don't give people a fair chance, or that you totally lack empathy -- you're probably a lot more compassionate than you let on, but you have a particular set of expectations for the people you choose to associate with on a level of friendship and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Actually, I think that's the way people should be. It doesn't mean you're not willing to give "most people" the time of day, but at the end of the day how many of these people are you really going to develop meaningful relationships with? Even the attitude that most people are awful isn't that far-fetched, I think. Go to the mall, go walk around a college campus, or go to, say, a football game. How many of these people do you want to know? Go to church, go to the record store, go out to the bar. You might have a friendly conversation, but I can pretty much guarantee that at least half of these people are not a good match for you personally, and they might even be completely unattractive (personality-wise, etc). Being aware of this doesn't mean you're a dick. And it's not even close to being the same as "most people can swing from a tree by the neck for all I care".

generally am largely indifferent to the vast majority of people, but am very sympathetic toward suffering and personal plights and struggles and whatnot

in conclusion the reason you're a dick to people is so that you can make them suffer and in turn start to be sympathetic towards them. hurt them so you can heal them matt, typical behaviour from a white liberal male such as yourself. well let me tell you this: the negroes don't want your help you patronising bastard, they just want to be left alone.

in conclusion the reason you're a dick to people is so that you can make them suffer and in turn start to be sympathetic towards them. hurt them so you can heal them matt, typical behaviour from a white liberal male such as yourself. well let me tell you this: the negroes don't want your help you patronising bastard, they just want to be left alone.
:err: lolwhat?