How would You Introduce Opeth to a friend or parents?

Yeah, the first time I saw it I was waiting for the big growl part and started whispering (that's how I do the growls :lol:) that part and I got brainfucked when I heard it said The Grand Ration :lol:

I introduced the band to one of my friends yesterday.

Well almost surprisingly, she otherwise liked it, but thought that the long acoustic parts were boring. :)

Btw. I just remembered that while we were doing x-mas cleaning with my sister I put Orchid playing on the background.
Strangely she didn't complain at all though she hates all growling, even stuff that's something like but not exactly growling. :lol:

Dunno, maybe it was the acoustics, and I told her there's not much singing in general there.

play like gorgoroth or bathory first then play opeth and opeth won't seem that bad in the heavy sense

Playing Damnation first will probably make them feel like you've tricked them later. :) What about Face of Melinda or Dirge for November? If they don't like that, then try Damnation...and they'll at least have one Opeth CD they can enjoy.

Just use "Damnation -Ballad songs" formula (Full Damnation album,Face of melinda, isolation years, Burden,Harvest, A fair Judment,etc) and all the girls will fall in love whit the music and voice :saint: :heh:

Just use "Damnation -Ballad songs" formula (Full Damnation album,Face of melinda, isolation years, Burden,Harvest, A fair Judment,etc) and all the girls will fall in love whit the music and voice :saint: :heh:

I introduced one girl with The lotus eater, she said that she loved the voice.
(she was kind of J-pop/rock girl)