How you first got into Metal?

Well my parents used to listen to Gold FM (the VIC classic rock station) on the radio, and I always enjoyed AC/DC and Rose Tattoo and that sort of thing. Then one day I decided to browse through the piles of CD's in the cupboard and found some KISS and whatnot, and as I became more obsessed with listening to music, I started researching related bands on the internet (dial-up back then, of course) and came across Motorhead, who were ultimately the band that got me into heavier music.

Then it all broadened out when I was introduced to the local scene, by attending a my first local metal gig (I think I was 14), with Chaos Theory, Enter Twilight and Crimsonfire, thanks to a mate at high-school who took me. That's when I got serious about music, and Aussie music in particular.

My Aunty gave me Iron Maiden live after death, MetallicA lightning, master of puppets & justice on cassette when I was 8 years old. I didn't take to it straight away, but I also really liked the Bill and Ted movies and the original Waynes world. The imagery and the music together made it happen

I never liked metal. I am a poser (because anyone who calls them poseurs are the utimate posers) who just pretends to like metal to impress chicks.

Brothers were into Glam rock, so i was surrounded by Gunners, Bon Jovi, KISS. I remember really being influenced by wrestling. A wrestler called Chris Jericho (vocalist for FOZZY) came out to Pearl Jam's 'Even Flow.' I found it to be a really cool tune. Infact, i love the whole album that song is off. Around the same time i listened to Metallica's S & M. 'The Memory Remains' REALLY got hold of me. It's like the first song i fell in love with. From there all I did was listen to Metallica - their whole catalogue (this was when i was 13-14). From their I branched to Megadeth and fell in love with their 'Symphony of Destruction' album. 80s Metallica and 90s Megadeth i still love to this day. Then when i was 15 someone recommend Iron Maiden. It was a song off of Brave New World - i think it was 'The Wicker Man' or 'Brave New World.' This changed my fucking life. I'd never heard music with such kick arse to it combined with such deep emotion. I don't know how to explain it but that was the day i fell in love with maiden. After discovering maiden thats when I branched off into European power metal, and yeah, been there ever since. Bind Guardian are one of the first power metal bands I heard, and to this day, they are one of the best.