I found the new In Flames...It's HEAVY.

Hey Officer chill out he has a point... you don't need to crucify him for his opinion.

I'm listening to the album right now. And I must admit I'm liking it more than R2R... they have really matured as a band and combined elements of the old and new. The guitar work is much more interesting in my opinion than R2R... I've heard a couple solos, which is cool. I wasn't expecting any. I'm not a fan of the clean singing, and I'm sorry for saying this, but he honestly reminds me of Jonathan Davis himself on a couple songs. However he has improved his clean vocals, don't get me wrong. The growls are unbelievably brutal as ever... I'm glad Anders has thrown in his deep death metal voice on a few songs too.

About the nu-metal discussion: I'll just say that no other label could define it, if you had to... but it's still In Flames. They'll always have variety and melody on their albums, I don't think that'll change. Personally, I used to like older IF better, but I think they've really grown as a band, and I like the newer stuff more now... I also think there's not much point in comparing the music of Lunar Strain, Subterranean, the Jester Race and Whoracle with Colony, Clayman, etc...

Stun said:
Hey Officer chill out he has a point... you don't need to crucify him for his opinion.
Stun...bugger off.

fart_icons.gif

Xeno and I were arguing. He positive repped for my
arguing so don't mind my business. I'm not crucifying him for his opinion.
Clearly not.

yikes.jpg

I just listed to the whole cd of the new IN FLAMES and I like it !

It is Heavy and is still very melodic , I will definately purchase this cd (hopefully w/ bonus tracks) when it comes out.

Thanks dude ! :headbang:

hiddenlegions said:
I just listed to the whole cd of the new IN FLAMES and I like it !

It is Heavy and is still very melodic , I will definately purchase this cd (hopefully w/ bonus tracks) when it comes out.

Thanks dude ! :headbang:
cb3.JPG

HL....thanks for the post! I was wondering if the cd would get from
Bahston to the Orange Curtain in one piece or many pieces!
Glad you liked the disc! It is heavy and melodic!

hiddenlegions said:
I will definately purchase this cd (hopefully w/ bonus tracks) when it comes out.
Hey Eric Peterson, I mean HL, if you're looking for extra tracks....

Word has it In Flames is including extra tracks on the digipack.

Here's what's extra on the digipack...

1. Discover Me Like Emptiness (original song recorded during STYE sessions)
2. Clayman (Live in Wacken 2003)

Bonus-CDR: Live in KOREA viideo, Recorded in Seoul 14. Dec. 2002.
System, Pinball Map , Episode 666

Officer Nice said:
Stun...bugger off.

fart_icons.gif

Xeno and I were arguing. He positive repped for my
arguing so don't mind my business. I'm not crucifying him for his opinion.
Clearly not.

yikes.jpg
:lol: Yes, we're having a nice argument here. :p

Well, I like Rage Against The Machine, Prong, Deftones, the first Kitty album, Evanescense and System of a Down... and I'm sure there are other nu-bands not in the same Limp Biskit/Korn/Linkin Park stupidity category that ARE relatively talented and do produce some good music.

I tend to categorize, but I also don't specifically like/dislike categories as a whole. The label is just a way of sorting what I might like listening to at any given time...

Surely it's no crime to put Cryptopsy and Immolation in the Brutal Death category, along with Cannibal Corpse or Deicide (whom I both couldn't care less about...) though their styles are completely different (and both Immolation and Cryptopsy are badass)...

I don't always require technical excellence or brutal or heavy... I listen to a wide range of music.

I'm sorry if it offends you that I put new In Flames and new Soilwork in the same category as any post-And Justice Metallica or any other band that fits in the "nu-metal" label... maybe that's not fair, just the way I see it :p

xenophobe said:
:lol: Yes, we're having a nice argument here. :p
I thought so. I mean, it never got ugly.

Well, I like Rage Against The Machine, Prong, Deftones, the first Kitty album, Evanescense and System of a Down... and I'm sure there are other nu-bands not in the same Limp Biskit/Korn/Linkin Park stupidity category that ARE relatively talented and do produce some good music.
Well we definitely got different taste.

I loathe Evanscence. They're horrible mindless bollocks. That single is
such bollocks.

Rage Against the Machine was around before nu-metal.
Their last record was really great although I don't own it or listen to them.

Prong has never been nu-metal. Old Prong certainly really great.

Kittie just looks horrible and I don't hate myself enough to subject myself
to their music. If those chicks stopped trying to look like trash and cleaned
themselves up, they might just be pretty enough to get laid.

Deftones are nu-metal I spose but they don't rap so I have to give
them +10 originality points. Saw them on Ozzfest a few years ago.
They got talent and play music that sounds un-nu metal.

Surely it's no crime to put Cryptopsy and Immolation in the Brutal Death category, along with Cannibal Corpse or Deicide (whom I both couldn't care less about...) though their styles are completely different (and both Immolation and Cryptopsy are badass)...
I don't care about Cannibal Corpse either. They're bollocks without Chris
Barnes. I don't listen to Immolation but their stuff was always good.
Never heard Cryptotpsy. I dont listen to death metal anymore. It got
boring for me 10 years ago.

I'm sorry if it offends you that I put new In Flames and new Soilwork in the same category as any post-And Justice Metallica or any other band that fits in the "nu-metal" label... maybe that's not fair, just the way I see it :p
BBLARRGH! You're putting In Flames in the same category with Metallica's
awful black album/Load/Reload/S&M/Garbage Stinks/St.Wanker music?
That's blasphemy! I wouldn't even do that to bands that deserve to
be in that horrible category like Edgay and Rhapsody!

But hey, live and let live. Could be worse...you could actually own St.Wanker.
You're an old school bay area guy and you're a Vio-Lence fan so,
it's all good by me.

Pyrus said:
Way to avoid answering the question.
I was using Xeno's definition of "Post Justice Metallica"
Look at his post 3 posts up. He said he was putting In Flames in
the same category as "Post Justice" Metallica which by definition would
mean the inclusion of the Black Album/Load/Reload/S&M/Garbage Stinks/
St.Wanker.

xenophobe said:
I put new In Flames and new Soilwork in the same category as any post-And Justice Metallica or any other band that fits in the "nu-metal" label...

That's what it looks like to me...Black Album = mallcore, which is patently false. Hell, the only one of those albums that could be even considered mallcore is THE BIG RED FIST OF ANGER.

Officer Nice said:

Ahem... it's CRAPsody ... please Officer...

Officer Nice said:
I was using Xeno's definition of "Post Justice Metallica"
Look at his post 3 posts up. He said he was putting In Flames in
the same category as "Post Justice" Metallica which by definition would
mean the inclusion of the Black Album/Load/Reload/S&M/Garbage Stinks/
St.Wanker.

...Like this album or not Officer, Black Album is THE MOST successful metal album ever...

It pushed the metal scene 10 step forward when it came out! The production on this one kills !!! You may not like the music but don't put it in the same category as St-Wanker... they don't have anything to do with each other!!!

My fave metallica is And Justice but I won't deny the quality of the black album! Listen to every damn cd that came out that year... THERE IS NOTHING LIKE IT!!!

Officer Nice said:
I thought so. I mean, it never got ugly.
Nah, I wouldn't come here to troll.... this is the board that brought me to UM almost 2 years ago now.

Well we definitely got different taste.

I loathe Evanscence. They're horrible mindless bollocks. That single is
such bollocks.

Rage Against the Machine was around before nu-metal.
Their last record was really great although I don't own it or listen to them.

Prong has never been nu-metal. Old Prong certainly really great.

Kittie just looks horrible and I don't hate myself enough to subject myself
to their music. If those chicks stopped trying to look like trash and cleaned
themselves up, they might just be pretty enough to get laid.

Deftones are nu-metal I spose but they don't rap so I have to give
them +10 originality points. Saw them on Ozzfest a few years ago.
They got talent and play music that sounds un-nu metal.
Rage Against the Machine, Prong and Deftones were around before the term "nu-metal" was coined. I don't think that precludes them being there.

Slayer, Metallica, Hirax, Kreator and Destruction were "Thrash" before it was even really called Thrash.

Kitty? What impresses me is that they were REAL musicians that weren't hand selected to be in a "girl" band. They made it happen, and their first album was for the most part, real. A bunch of teenage Canadian girls hit it big. Good for them. As for the makeup? Sure a couple of them were cute, but it's nice to see authentic bands actually make it big, even though they were too young to handle what they got themselves into.

But hey, live and let live. Could be worse...you could actually own St.Wanker.
You're an old school bay area guy and you're a Vio-Lence fan so,
it's all good by me.
Vio-Lence was my favorite band for more than a year before Eternal Nightmare came out at that time.

Forbidden Evil, I mostly laughed at them till their album came out. What WAS glam-ish, neon-spandex hair metal turned into some pretty heavy thrash once got a contract and they doubled the tempo of their songs. I realized how good it was when the first album came out, but before they were signed, it was funny to watch them.

The Legacy.... lol. I always wondered what would have happened if Exodus had hired Chuck Billy, and Testament would have kept Sousa.

I have Forbidden Evil's demo shared on the hub, but it's crappy quality... it's not half the tempo, but it is a bit slower.

The New In Flames meets my approvall ..............highly.......it's heavier than R2R.......it should of been released after Clayman, it feels like it was before R2R......Thanks Off Nice, for the advance copy(and other CD's)!........That made my day when I got back home yesterday......I was on a short vacation in Sonoma, and it was great to open my mail & find that..........You Rule!..........I'll be picking you up a new EXO shirt on the 11th.......to show some appreciation, & gratitude!..........Good Cop!

Larf03 said:
...Like this album or not Officer, Black Album is THE MOST successful metal album ever...
Well (this is not a shock) I disagree. The most successful metal album EVER
is Black Sabbath's first record. Success shouldn't be measured in album sales,
because that's just marketing garble and it's just hype. Just because a record
sells 20 million doesn't mean it's any good. Fuck, Bon Jovi sold 10 million on
one of it's gay records and am I supposed to believe it's any good just
because it sold 10 million copies? Fuck no. Vio-Lence's Oppressing the Masses
is one of the finest metal albums ever and it only sold 20,000 copies! Vio
even had shirts for it!

Black Sabbath's first record is the most successful album ever.
Without Black Sabbath's first record, metal wouldnt exist. period.

I won't deny the quality of the black album! Listen to every damn cd that came out that year... THERE IS NOTHING LIKE IT!!!
You're right. I bought every album that came out that year and there's
nothing like it. Everything else is better! In 91, Vio-Lence's Torture
Tactics was released and it was better. Primus' Sailing the Seas of
Cheese came out in 91 and it was better.

Death Angel's Act III, Forbidden's TIF, Vio-Lence's OTM, Exodus' III, Anthrax's
POT,Maiden's NPFTD, Testament's SOB, Slayer's SITA, Judas Priest's
Painkiller, Megadeth's RIP, and Alice in Chains' first record Facelift came out
in 1990. There was plenty of good to occupy us from that garbage Metallica
released.