I miss Peter and Lopez

Lopez joined in 1997 after Nordin quit. He met him when looking for a new drummer.

Mendez joined the same year, but didn't play until Still Life in 1999. He was a friend of Lopez, and he wanted Mendez to join as the new bassist to replace DeFarfalla (I think).

Waiting anyway for Mikael if he wants to

Ahh,i miss them as well,obviously the band will never be the same again without them.We still have mikael and mendez,and per...but yeah,ghost reveries was a great album and i reckon it wouldn't have been half as great without them.
I'm already hoping that they start to play again,maybe with another band.

I really agree with bleakrose, they had a special magic going between them at that time.
Regarding Lopez, I found this on Myspace last night when listening to Mendez and Lopez old band Vinterkrig: http://www.myspace.com/fifthtoinfinity

Don't know how old this page is, but it seems up-to-date. No music yet though, but it makes one curious...

I really agree with bleakrose, they had a special magic going between them at that time.
Regarding Lopez, I found this on Myspace last night when listening to Mendez and Lopez old band Vinterkrig: http://www.myspace.com/fifthtoinfinity

Don't know how old this page is, but it seems up-to-date. No music yet though, but it makes one curious...

FUCKING GOLD MAN, deserves a new thread (im making one).:headbang::headbang:

IMO,

as opeth moves away from the heavy end of heavy, moodwise and often musically, employing a greater number of colours in their palette, i find it interesting that two musicians whose styles i feel are very "metal" have joined. i can appreciate watershed, though it isn't really my deal, it's an interesting vibe being created with these two- blazing trad-metal solos as on Heir Apparent, and the metal-ish, mechanical fills on that enormous build-up section of porcelain heart. i hope it all comes together for me as a listener on the next album.

it is certainly a different sound, i wondered listening to the record how it would sound with the previous lineup. as time goes by and they play together more, i am sure a new unified unit will emerge on the next record, which i am confident will top both of the last discs, while being nothing like either. fresh blood! don't like the changes? listen to the older records they aren't going anywhere!!

Wow,cool news indeed!!! This looks absolutely awesome.

By the by, not missing either member. I hate saying this, but without Akerfelt, there is no Opeth. Everyone else (with the exception of Martin Mendez) is pretty interchangable. Not to say they aren't all great musicians. And I, for one, think Axe is an improvement over Lopez.

My apologies if this offends anyone.

I basically agree. I was upset when each of them left, but I don't particularly miss them anymore. I think the new guys are great!:headbang:

By the by, not missing either member. I hate saying this, but without Akerfelt, there is no Opeth. Everyone else (with the exception of Martin Mendez) is pretty interchangable. Not to say they aren't all great musicians. And I, for one, think Axe is an improvement over Lopez.

My apologies if this offends anyone.

hmm. i agree except the thing about mendez.. why do you think he's not interchangable?

opeth IS mike, thats it imo