I use to think......

Innbydelse

Wielder of the 7-string
Apr 6, 2003
Portland, Oregon
Visit site
.....that you could'nt be heavy in standard tuning but Opeth has proved me wrong!

hi guys....i am a noob to Opeth and Metal itself

but i really enjoy metal music and i love death metal especially

i have Opeths two latest albums so far and i love them!!

what do u guys suggest for my next purchase?

:hotjump:

hi! get out while you still can!!!

i suggest you buy blackwater park or my arms your hearse. very good, get used to em and then get the two first albums, which are the best IMO.

oh yeah, get still life too.

noob to heavy metal and starting out with Opeth? not bad..

yeah, I thought for the longest time that Opeth's shit was in C or something. But no, it's in E which means I can fail terribly at playing it ;)

BiatchGuy said:
noob to heavy metal and starting out with Opeth? not bad..

yeah, I thought for the longest time that Opeth's shit was in C or something. But no, it's in E which means I can fail terribly at playing it ;)

yeah i thought it was C too for awhile

then is saw the tabs

and to the first poster.....I have Blackwater Park and Deliverance

alot of people say that i should get Still Life......

i have only heard Moonlapse Vertigo and it is an amazing song!!!

is the rest of the album like that?

Still Life is probably a good decision since their recent work is rather heavy instead of all those ultra-melodic riffs and 15 minute hard-to-get-into songs...plus Still Life has an amazing concept,great great riffs and some obscenely talented singing.

My mind is what I use to think.

I used to think that 7 string guitars were cool, but now I realize that it's just a disguise for lacking any talent.

I like Disturbed's work though as far as I know they use 7-stringers...also Petrucci uses a 7-stringer on The Glass Prison,even if you don't like Dream Theater you can't deny that that guy has talent,and he sure as hell isn't hiding it.

very weird,but pretty good, bass thingy there when the 2nd part of Glass Prison turns into the 3rd part...Muuyng is good,but I think he's worst of the DT members in showing off,and people don't seem to like him either (hence D. Gildenlöw's comment on their tour diary...) :) but hey,anyone who writes Learning To Live can't be too bad.
Newsted uses a 12-string bass on Wherever I May Roam (Black Album,you better know it :p). I win.