I want beer thread

What is the drinking age over there (Finland)? Over in the United States it is 21, I would assume it is much less over there 18 maybe?

ColdDarkNord said:
It's only because u become drunk as pig just after u finished one bottle of beer.... and where the fuck u can find Kefir in Helsenki? or u goes to St.Peter. for buy that stuff? o_O
Every day i drink kefir here..:Spin: and kisseli as well. In food aspects Russia and Finland are the same :cool:

I think i was 12 the first time i got drunk. Drank 4 ciders and went home at eight... pathetic... The next time i drank a six pack of beer and if i remember correctly, threw up. Week after that i stole a bottle of good old "salmiakki kossu" from my father and got grounded for six months... But i know a dude who has been drinking every friday and saturday since he was 10. He doesn't look or smell very good. Also, he has been to vocational school for 6 years now.

kings_head.jpg

my pub! :Spin:

what kind of beer do you guys in finland drink? because everytime I serve someone with a funny accent they end up being finish and they always have lager, which leaves me rather disappointed as lager is yucky

The only proper beer I saw in Finland was some bottled English stuff - Newcastle Brown, and a couple of other names I can't quite remember - in an offy. I never saw anything but lager in bars. :( Though having said that, it's not quite as bad as the lager over here.

If you find out yourself, you'll make millions and be able to advertise Farmakon more easily. I say you begin experimenting.

Horza said:
How do you ferment beer twice?

Well okay, its fermented twice as long, but the second half of it takes place in the bottle itself.

And about stouts and porters, they are ridiculously expensive here in germany too. The germans are extremely snobbish when it comes to beer, and hate just about anything from another country. It is very hard to find beer in the store that isnt german, and when you do, its so ungodly expensive. Sometimes, in rare cases you can find Murphys or Guinness in a pub, but were looking at at least 4 euro a pint.

Back when i was still in the states i could get a 6 pack of guinness for like 6 dollars, and i forget how much a 6 of murphs cost, but it wasnt much more. On top of that, if you went to the right store you could find my favorite types of beer: PORTERS.

damnit, now i want a porter.