I want beer thread

Alyona said:
mmm, my favorite beer at the moment is spitfire.. its soo soo yummy!
I just discovered Spitfire as well. :)
The cheap Finnish lagers apart (the lower price being the reason I drink them), my long-lasting favourites are Kilkenny, Guinness, and Velkopopovichy (I'm never sure of the spelling :p). Murphy's Stout is good, too. I got acquaintated with it in Paris last autumn.

Here in Finland you can find all sorts of beers on the tap if you only know where to go, and Alko (our monopolistic alcohol retailer) sells a wide variety of beers. Unfortunately the shops' supplies vary drastically, so you just have to hope that your local shop has what you want.

In pubs 0.5 litres of lager costs around 3.5 euros on the average (from the tap), the cheapest I know of being 1 euro, and the most expensive... well, I've bought a beer for 9 euros. :) If the place has 'proper' beers they're not usually much more expensive than the ubiquitous lager, but - of course - the places that have other beers are more expensive on the whole.

I saw Rochefort 10 in a Finnish pub last weekend, and after multiple micro-orgasms caused by such a revelation, drank a pint (or a glass, as it is served). The problem with the place is that it's mostly inhabited by businessmen and blonde boob-bimbos. I wonder why they even let us in. But return I must, because they also have Rochefort 6 and 8.

Now I'm eating pea soup at the midnight. What a gourmet.

And oh, @youAREtheblackwizards: There's one Finnish beer that's considered excellent (afaik) even by other people than Finnish themselves, and that's Koff Porter. I believe it was at some point even imported to the States. Strong, thick and tasty, though I'm not much of a porter person (and haven't had one in ages).

Horza said:
And oh, @youAREtheblackwizards: There's one Finnish beer that's considered excellent (afaik) even by other people than Finnish themselves, and that's Koff Porter. I believe it was at some point even imported to the States. Strong, thick and tasty, though I'm not much of a porter person (and haven't had one in ages).

I am going back to the states for christmas, and in know a liquore store that specializes in imports. It advertizes beer from 82 different countries, so I will look into it. I highly doubt ill find it in germany though. However, between semesters i plan on making a trip to finnland, so worst case scenario, ill just have to get it at the source

14.05.. I have allready destroyed 5 cans..

Homo Vuorela muuttaa huomenna Koskiin, ootko Neve kännään lähössä?

(2 asiaa joilla ei ole mitään tekemistä toisensa kanssa..) o_O

Jaah. Kaliaa menee pullo toisensa jälkeen, kohta käy matka Tavastialle, jossa lentää veri ja pääkallot Hornan, Behexenin ja Gorgorothin säestämänä. Jip.