Iconoclast reviews

Yes, I liked it more. I have been listening to this album since last wednesday when I got it, and should have listened to it nearly 20 times before writing the review, with 2 listens to all their catalog as well. And yes, I will purchase the 2 disk version. I am very curious about the 3 songs I am missing.

May I ask how you got a copy of the album already if you're not a "pro reviewer"?

May I ask how you got a copy of the album already if you're not a "pro reviewer"?

well man, details don't matter at all. But to give you an idea on my background I have an internet heavy metal radio show that include interviews, I also have a FM radio show for a local rock station, I do promotions for a local concerts producer, I have been doing interviews for a year now (see my podcast http://heavymetalthunder.podbean.com/), I had a CD distro from 1998 to 2004, etc. So basically I have been in the business for quite long so I am not a newcomer by any means. But I am a newbie when it comes to write reviews IN ENGLISH, and I am sure you noticed it inmediately 'cause I got plenty of flame :lol:

well man, details don't matter at all. But to give you an idea on my background I have an internet heavy metal radio show that include interviews, I also have a FM radio show for a local rock station, I do promotions for a local concerts producer, I have been doing interviews for a year now (see my podcast http://heavymetalthunder.podbean.com/), I had a CD distro from 1998 to 2004, etc. So basically I have been in the business for quite long so I am not a newcomer by any means. But I am a newbie when it comes to write reviews IN ENGLISH, and I am sure you noticed it inmediately 'cause I got plenty of flame :lol:

I didn't mean anything bad by it, I was just curious. All of that sounds awesome :). Now, if you could just send me a copy :lol:. I've got it preordered but I must say this wait is killing me! Can't wait to hear this album if it's as good as you say.

I am honestly surprised it hasn't leaked. I can't wait to hear this cd. I am also glad to see some of the former detractors are excited now. SyX never lets me down.

You're partially correct. I am far from being a pro in this, it's just a hobby for me. And english isn't even my primary language. And that review is my sole opinion, some might agree, some might disagree. But, I have been listening to metal/hard rock for almost 30 years, and I prefer to read reviews from a common guy rather than from an expert reviewer. Experts are 99% of the time elitist, they write in a beautiful way, but in the end the real message intended get lost. And again, it's just my opinion, but this album deserves the hype I gave.

Yeah, seemed like English isn't your first language. The point does get across tho so it's all cool.

Seeing that a proper Symphony X fan likes it that much, I am pretty excited.

Okay. All I'm gonna say is: Trying to judge this album based on 'The End of Innocence' and 'Dehumanized' is like trying to judge the DWOT album after listening to only Pharaoh and Eyes of Medusa. In other words, there's still much more to this album and as Jax said, be patient, it's worth it. ;)

I can't say this is (for example) V. That album is a classic in my book. But this album is damn awesome on its own. It almost has everything. Like PL and the heavy stuff? You'll like this album. Like the proggy and dynamic Symphony X? You'll like this album. Like Russel's beautiful heartfelt ballads? It's there. Like that good old Symphony X that did that sweet polyrythm in 'The Accolade'? It's there! Want some rather new stuff that the band hasn't tried before? You got it.

99.9% of you guys will not be disappointed.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Iconoclast-Deluxe-Symphony-X/dp/B004WPYNY8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304774126&sr=1-1"]Pre-order[/ame] your copy now. The band more than deserves it.

Okay. All I'm gonna say is: Trying to judge this album based on 'The End of Innocence' and 'Dehumanized' is like trying to judge the DWOT album after listening to only Pharaoh and Eyes of Medusa. In other words, there's still much more to this album and as Jax said, be patient, it's worth it. ;)

I can't say this is (for example) V. That album is a classic in my book. But this album is damn awesome on its own. It almost has everything. Like PL and the heavy stuff? You'll like this album. Like the proggy and dynamic Symphony X? You'll like this album. Like Russel's beautiful heartfelt ballads? It's there. Like that good old Symphony X that did that sweet polyrythm in 'The Accolade'? It's there! Want some rather new stuff that the band hasn't tried before? You got it.

Pre-order your copy now. The band more than deserves it.

WAY ahead of you! :p But nobody has said if it is the correct one. I'm still waiting for Jax to answer... Stupid Amazon UK :bah:

^ the LE (limited edition) in the amazon uk website is pretty much the double-disk edition with all the songs. ;)

Also:

pd124-1.jpg

Smartass :p Dunno where you got that pic from but on the Amazon site they don't give any info on the CD. In any case, good! I have the correct one then and am looking madly forward to listen to it...you lucky bastard :D

Pre-order your copy now. The band more than deserves it.
How did you get to listen to it? :yell: