Iconoclast reviews

^ 'When All is Lost' so far :)

Btw I heard the 1 disc edition, so until the album comes out those 3 remaining songs are still a mystery to me.

Sounds promising. I've already heard some really cool stuff in that first song that was posted, live version... I dunno. Whatever, it's probably gonna be good.

However I don't think it will be album of the year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deconstruction_(The_Devin_Townsend_Project_album)
^sit or lie down while reading it, otherwise you might die from too much blood going to your dick.
Oh and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_(The_Devin_Townsend_Project_album) but it won't be metal.

Eh.

Last edited by a moderator:
^song is awesome IMO but pretty shitty youtube quality. there are a thousand things going on at once in that song and with that soundquality it doesn't sound very well

And the new Primordial that came out last month is friggin amazing as well.

Oh and the new Ulver is good too.

Release dates are really close to eachother on Deconstruction/Ghost and Iconoclast. 17th and 20th. Jesus fucking christ I'm gonna explode from the sheer excitement. It's like... two... three... err... basically four SICK albums are coming from two of the SICKEST acts just next month. What. The. Hell.

Oh, deconstruction leaked already ;E

June is going to be a great month. My 24th wedding anniversary on the 20th, Iconoclast comes out
the 21st and I'm seeing Devin Townsend on the 25th. What a week! Also the 1st day of Summer.

:cool:

June is going to be a great month. My 24th wedding anniversary on the 20th, Iconoclast comes out
the 21st and I'm seeing Devin Townsend on the 25th. What a week! Also the 1st day of Summer.

:cool:

Wow...congrats! 24 years!:kickass::kickass::kickass:

It's gonna be a great month for me too! Iconoclast, 4-5 weeks of vacation in California/West Coast and Colorado (road trip, weeee!:cool:) and (hopefully!) Deep Purple in LA :headbang:

Jax posted this interview with MJR in the "Latest News" thread: http://www.sacurrent.com/music/story.asp?id=72400

Anyway, I noticed the following paragraph:

Comprised of a classically-trained pianist, a jazz drummer, a shred-metal guitar hero, a singer who sounds like Ronnie James Dio without the “look outs!” and a bassist who can’t read music, this quaint little ensemble will decimate Backstage Live to pump up its fans for the midsummer release of their new CD, Iconoclast.

I highly doubt this. Is the reviewer just trying to be funny or something? If so, massive fail.

Okay. All I'm gonna say is: Trying to judge this album based on 'The End of Innocence' and 'Dehumanized' is like trying to judge the DWOT album after listening to only Pharaoh and Eyes of Medusa. In other words, there's still much more to this album and as Jax said, be patient, it's worth it. ;)

I can't say this is (for example) V. That album is a classic in my book. But this album is damn awesome on its own. It almost has everything. Like PL and the heavy stuff? You'll like this album. Like the proggy and dynamic Symphony X? You'll like this album. Like Russel's beautiful heartfelt ballads? It's there. Like that good old Symphony X that did that sweet polyrythm in 'The Accolade'? It's there! Want some rather new stuff that the band hasn't tried before? You got it.

99.9% of you guys will not be disappointed.

Pre-order your copy now. The band more than deserves it.

Best news I've heard on this site in years since Russell gave us his thoughts on The Odyssey back in 2002.

And also, any news on somebody like Newbury having signed copies available like the 5.1 PL release?