if opeth is NOT your favourate band... what is?

Well nothong that can top Opeth , but i here is a Top 10 rundown ....

1.Opeth
2.Dissection
3.Emperor
4.King Crimson
5.Uriah Heep
6.Camel
7.Gorguts
8. Porcupine Tree
9.Mr Bungle
10.Meshuggah

Rush
Yes
Genesis
Mercyful Fate / King Diamond
Candlemass
The Beatles / Wings
Savatage
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Deep Purple / Rainbow
The Police
Kansas
Jethro Tull
King Crimson
Fates Warning
Primus

...Mostly '70's Progressive music. UP THE IRONS !!!!!!!!

:headbang:

My favorite bands...

(Heavy)

Opeth
Dan Swanö / Nightingale / Edge of Sanity / Odyssey
Devin Townsend / Ocean Machine / Strapping Young Lad
Bloodbath
Katatonia
Vintersorg / Otyg
Hypocrisy
Dismember
Entombed (the pre-deathrock years)
Avantasia / Edguy
Sonata Arctica
Novembre

(Not heavy)

The Cure
Porcupine Tree
Live Alien Broadcast
Fidel
The Misfits (both old and new era)
2 Skinnee J's
Siouxsie & The Banshees
The House Of Love
The Mission
Ride
The Stone Roses
Curve
Belly

To tell the truth, I really see Opeth as my favorite band. I have been listening to metal for years and I have seen very few to accomplish what Opeth has. The way they create many moods through just one song..."Bleak" for an example. They are the perfect band to fit many peoples moods. Now, I am not saying that they are the ONLY band that does this. Many others do. But, if I had to choose what bands I listen to sometimes more than Opeth they would be...

Katatonia
Tristania
Symphony X

Each one creates moods and emotions like Opeth. Now those are not my top three favorite bands, but great ones nonetheless. So, I really think there is many bands that are better than Opeth and some that are of a lesser sort. It all depends on what mood I am.

Camel is a great band to listen to if you enjoy Opeth. For starters, Opeth have said in numerous interviews that they enjoy them, isn't that reason enough!?

Camel are a 70's progressive rock band.. similar in sound to Pink Floyd..

Great albums are Mirage, Moonmadness, Camel and Snow Goose.

Tourniquet (Both old and new)
In Flames (up to the piece of crap known as "Reroute to Remain" )
Opeth
Megadeth (up to the piece of crap known as "The World Needs a Hero" )
Metallica (up to the piece of crap known as "Load" )
Soul Embraced
Dream Theater
Extol
Living Sacrifice

Have no fear, Opeth is slowly climbing it's way to the top of my list. I am a fairly new fan, and they are already in my top 3.

Well, I'm still pretty new to Opeth. I only have Blackwater Park and Deliverance.

My favorite band is probably Symphony X or Ayreon(even though that's not really a band)

MOTORPSYCHO! + Meshuggah (Scandinavian music really kicks arse!)
Radiohead + Tool + Slayer (well... a few years ago... still useful for your average five minutes of adrenalin), well and Carcass maybe.

Not all metal, but what the fuck, opeth is barely 50 percent metal

Here's mine:

Morbid Angel
Opeth
Emperor
Pantera
Slayer
Dying Fetus
Nile
Children of Bodom
Down
Sepultura (old)

I narrowed it down to 10! But there's a lot more!

well, i don't have one favorite band. my list of favorite bands changes every 3 weeks or so, but Opeth have been on that list for about a year now.

Originally posted by jeanreno
Camel is a great band to listen to if you enjoy Opeth. For starters, Opeth have said in numerous interviews that they enjoy them, isn't that reason enough!?

No, thats not enough. Camel sound completely different to Opeth, their probably only similar in song structure. Its a good band to pick up something if your curious, but their not for everyone, and alot of metal fans just wouldn't like them...I'm sure.

Having said that, I love Moonmadness.