Illegal downloading / file sharing / pirating...

If I was an artist, I would stop sending out promotional CDs. The entire concept of sending out CDs for review, months prior to a release, is based on an antiquated promotional model. A band putting one high quality MP3 file on their MySpace page is ten times more effective than a thousand webzine reviews. Antiquated promotional models aside, 99% of all leaks emanate from promos. It just seems like a no-brainer.
That's a good point, and I'm surprised many artists haven't done that. Apparently labels still think the promotional benefits outweigh the concerns over leaking.

I just work and really have more than 10000 cds and 2000 dvds.
If you don't believe it, i can't do nothing... If you should see my room here you'll believe it.
Sorry for you.

C'mon, I'm not here to argue with you. Why shouldn't I believe, like I care if you have a million of them...damn...
I'm just trying to say my point - I don't work, not yet...I'm on college, and I cannot afford all the stuff I would like to have..with time, maybe...but for now, I'll have to satisfy with buying other stuff I need more.
Most important word in here - priorities!

Here is an idea!
Ill send you the correct amount for the CD via Paypal and then you guys send me the album and u make a full profit! :lol:

but it's not that simple?

C'mon, I'm not here to argue with you. Why shouldn't I believe, like I care if you have a million of them...damn...
I'm just trying to say my point - I don't work, not yet...I'm on college, and I cannot afford all the stuff I would like to have..with time, maybe...but for now, I'll have to satisfy with buying other stuff I need more.
Most important word in here - priorities!

relax bro
i'm 31 years old, married and I have a son... and they are MY PRIORITIES.
i'm not a kid :kickass:
I'm in "heavy metal" life for more than 20 years and I ALWAYS have money to give my total support for all bands I like. :saint:

MP3 = CRAP SHIT:Smokin:

:erk:
I'm only 16, i can buy albums from the shop easy enough.
Pyramaze on the other hand is too hard for me to get too.
You need to be 18 to use paypal, I would get my mum to but she won't and there is nothing i can do about that.

What is my option???

:erk:
I'm only 16, i can buy albums from the shop easy enough.
Pyramaze on the other hand is too hard for me to get too.
You need to be 18 to use paypal, I would get my mum to but she won't and there is nothing i can do about that.

What is my option???

Every good music shop should be able to order it for you, if they don't have it in their metal section already once it comes out.

Michael.

MP3 = CRAP SHIT
Just curious... "crap shit" because they rip off the artists or because they sound inferior?

I see a lot of folks putting forth the idea that MP3s sound inferior. And while by their very nature, they are of inferior quality, it's only an issue if the difference in easily discernible. I often hear artists talk about how you need the actual CD to really have an appreciation of the music. If we're going to have an open, honest discussion about pirated music, then I must point out, this simply isn't true.

Most MP3s leaked/traded on the net are ripped at 192Kbps. The difference between an MP3 at 192Kbps and the actual CD is negligible. Don't believe me? Take a CD from your collection, rip it at 192Kbps and then burn the MP3s back to CD. Put the newly created CD and the original in your CD player and compare the two. I'd be willing to bet 9 out of 10 people can't tell which is which. And even if they can, it won't be obvious. And if you asked them to go through this exercise 10 times, they get at least a few wrong. Granted, if your an audiophile with a $10,000 stereo system, you'll probably hear something. However, most people these days listen to music on iPods, at their PCs or in their car. And through any of these devices, the difference is negligible, at worst.

Zod

Now i would say that Pyramaze has become a pretty big thing within the last couple of years.
I have a question for the Pyramaze guys... do you think without the internet and all that goes with it, good and bad, including file sharing, would Pyramaze be as well known as they are today?

I actually discovered Pyramaze through MP3s I downloaded on the net. I now all three discs (I'll buy the new one on its release date), a t-shirt and paid to see the band live.

I agree that if people had to buy what they liked, you would have sold more CDs. However, if it were not for MP3s, would you have sold as many as you have?

Zod

I found Pyramaze through CDBaby and there were 3 track samples i could listen to and that was enough to want to purchase the album.

Thanks Michael I'll ask if I can make and order.
My Favorite store is JB HI-FI probably only in Australia and it has a massive range for metal and any genre really. I have checked a few times and no section for Pyramaze yet, but it is possible that they make one for the new album.
Fingers crossed I will order it!!! :loco:

Most MP3s leaked/traded on the net are ripped at 192Kbps. The difference between an MP3 at 192Kbps and the actual CD is negligible.
Very true, although most scene rips now are a mid to high variable bitrate. But that's also why I find it amusing when people go ga-ga over lossless formats like flac...OK, it's lossless, but look how much space it takes up compared to an MP3...likely 5 times larger, and for a negligible improvement? :loco:

Come to think of it, my local HMV has Pyramaze CDs, only 'Legend of the Bone Carver' though. No 'Melancholy Beast' in sight. Still though I'm trying to get 'Immortal' as soon as possible, so if darkness.de fucks up the order I'll get it there. Here's hoping it at least ships on time. *checks watch*............ *checks watch again*...................

Seems like I've been missing on a lot lately, have had troubles with my computer :/. This pirating issue is surely tricky. The part the labels take from the revenue made from the CDs is absolutely insane, something has to be done. Someone suggested having the possibility to download the album for something like 5$, which I think would be a great idea IF that wouldn't leave out the actual case, booklet and the sense of purchasing something. It's a two-sided thing, personally I like to have my music on CDs somewhere where I can admire them.

Come to think of it, my local HMV has Pyramaze CDs, only 'Legend of the Bone Carver' though. No 'Melancholy Beast' in sight. Still though I'm trying to get 'Immortal' as soon as possible, so if darkness.de fucks up the order I'll get it there. Here's hoping it at least ships on time. *checks watch*............ *checks watch again*...................

Well i went to my local, and turns out I should be able to order in Immortal but i will have to wait UNTIL the release date to actually order it, and the woman said we (in Australia) are usually about 1 or 2 months behind America's Releasing:guh: So i will wait extra long.
The reason for my Quote however is that I also found "legend of the bone carver" being available but not "Melancholy Beast"
Why is this?:Spam:

Well i went to my local, and turns out I should be able to order in Immortal but i will have to wait UNTIL the release date to actually order it, and the woman said we (in Australia) are usually about 1 or 2 months behind America's Releasing:guh: So i will wait extra long.
The reason for my Quote however is that I also found "legend of the bone carver" being available but not "Melancholy Beast"
Why is this?:Spam:

Hey man,

You should order Immortal from Amazon.co.uk or some other great online side.
http://www.amazon.co.uk

Should save you a lot of time.

Melancholy Beast is sold out and no more available (at least in Europe where i live). The record label that had the rights for the album in Europe has become a booking agency instead, and so they can not reprint any issues. Nightmare Records in the USA should still have some copies in stock, and maybe the Japanese version from EMI records is also available. But MB is becoming a rarity now, and there won't be many in stores anywhere no more.
Maybe some online dealers still have MB in stock....?

Hey man,

You should order Immortal from Amazon.co.uk or some other great online side.
http://www.amazon.co.uk

Should save you a lot of time.

Melancholy Beast is sold out and no more available (at least in Europe where i live). The record label that had the rights for the album in Europe has become a booking agency instead, and so they can not reprint any issues. Nightmare Records in the USA should still have some copies in stock, and maybe the Japanese version from EMI records is also available. But MB is becoming a rarity now, and there won't be many in stores anywhere no more.
Maybe some online dealers still have MB in stock....?

:loco:True this Michael but the reason for me ordering through the store is because i cannot shop online.

p.s :worship: you are a legend i am not worthy!