I'm New -------- If this is you, post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, I don't like your new avatar neither...it reminds me some crest from a random bad football team!!!
and well with time it could get to be the new Emperor logo so just fear the "blackies" :p

fathervic (who warns |ngenius of introducing words begining with ñ (my lovliest Ñ))

emperor would be sued by an electronic music band called vnv nation. ;)
football teams are not supposed to hint so blatantly at the roman empire, it's not that politically correct in old europe since about 1945. :D

rahvin.

well Spain has the biggest concentration of football teams in square meter! (actually 5'6 teams m2)
So making some random calculations there must be at least 9 teams worshiping Roman Empire on their crests and 2 called "Vini Vidi Vinci" actually!
it's just their tribute to the begining of our beloved society

fathervic (who still thinks romans should have kept in Rome, so now he could wear this leather and furry underwear)

Originally posted by FatherVic
fathervic (who still thinks romans should have kept in Rome, so now he could wear this leather and furry underwear)

but you can, and actually those old fashioned styles encourage such barbarian behaviour. take manowar, for instance. ;)

rahvin.

but manowar aint living in the past....they ride horses made of steel :loco:

and well I stopped wearing them 'cause I looked odd when I wore jeans over them! I looked as if I still used diapers....and considering I just use them at night, it was rude to see I used them during the day! :p

but manowar aint living in the past....they ride horses made of steel :loco:

poor beasts (i mean, manowar). they also tell us that if we're not into metal we're not their friends (sob!), whereas - quite obviously - another lyric states that if we do like metal we are their friends. duh. ;)

rahvin.

So... can we be friends? Or they steel horses will ride to here and they'll cut off our heads? Or... what?!

Anyway, despite this isn't the thread 'bout languages, I'll introduce a new word: "Manowarro", used as an insult for ppl that like to listen to bands like Manowar. Is a mix between "guarro" (spanish adjective that means someone that don't wash himself) and that band of warriors. :p

well I used to love Manowar, but I understand (and normally support) any sort of verbal agression against the band.
Musically boring, lyrically dull and idiot, but well they're really seem to believe what they preach (prefer that than Hammerfall, Rhapsody, Domine or Virgin Steele for that matter!)

fathervic (who as everybody, holds an extremely obscure past)

but well they're really seem to believe what they preach

that's what makes them irresistibly funny. i will never stop listening to manowar: their total lack of any irony whatsoever would brighten up the most clouded day. :D

rahvin.

so you're on my side too.....
enjoying the idiocy of others who think a spiked club and a sword (and why not, furry underwear) is the best aproach to the metal scene....

fathervic (who think manowar are the godfathers of the blackmetalers image!!! :rolleyes: )

Um, pointless post, just keeping at a top to perhaps get more newbies to sign here............READ THE FUCKIN THREAD NEWBIES! Ahem...............I love this solo.......

Well, I`m from Brazil and like almost every kind of metal in existence ( nad classical music too ). I wasn't really a fan of growling vocals, until I heard amorphis-elegy ( that was a cool sound). The first time I listen Dark Tranquillity I got hooked, the song was Nether Novas from the Projector album, I really loved the vocals .... it's so emotional.
I also play keyboards and compose song, of course metal (prog mainly, Symphony X style) ... and some classical music too.
I guess this description cover everything. See ya !

I'm Beth. Aged 23. Not a musician because I lack the internal rhythm to do it. But I love music...
You guessed it...I am from the US. I hope to be what you'd call a non-rude American.

have always loved metal...from Floyd as a kid to Dark Tranquillity and Anathema now. Recently was introduce to My Dying Bride and Paradise Lost....and I am in LOVE with the music...and the lyrics...

I have to say that I really enjoy this board, thanks to everyone who posts on it.

Shameless link: www.unit2.7h.com My best friends band...

welcome both!!!
great to see there are some progmetalers around here too :)
and swiss me....well I assumed you were from Switzerland....no wonder why :p

Status
Not open for further replies.