I'm New -------- If this is you, post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by mousewings
As for the downloads, I don't know. My computer is a primitive object and doesn't have a good audio device or downloading utilities. Too bad for me. :)

you might download downloading utilities. or maybe that's just a paradox or something. you can't download a paradox. :)

rahvin.

Originally posted by rahvin

you might download downloading utilities. or maybe that's just a paradox or something. you can't download a paradox. :)

rahvin.

Thanks, for the suggestion... I tried that and it crashed my computer.

I am just happy I can download violent cartoons from various websites. That is good for me. :D

I didn't have the time to read this whole thread, so im assuming that the original topic is still alive. If not, please correct me. I am a new guy here, and its sorta interesting to see this, as I have very rarely seen anyone who likes good music online, let alone anyone from the states. I may be wrong, but there are very few people in the US who know of most of the bands here, so if you are one of these few, let me know... it would be interesting to see how many of these people actually exist. oh... btw ... im 17 & male.

@kovenant84: you'd be surprised, there actually are a few americans on this board. i'd gladly wait for them to show up not to spoil the surprise for you, so let me just add: welcome.

rahvin. (from the old continent)

rahvin.

Borland Paradox is a database program. I believe you could probably download it from somewhere, although that would be illegal. :p

Originally posted by mousewings

Thanks, for the suggestion... I tried that and it crashed my computer.

Hmm... that comment sounded a bit weird. It was 1 A.M. in the morning, so my brain was down. What I meant was that I tried it a long time ago (2 years, but the downloads crashed my computer... I didn't try it then. um... Okay... I still may be zoned out as I wrote that.

Gums: I am from Canada too. I am in the west.

Welcome to Kovenant84! Yes, the original topic still applies. :D

Originally posted by Gums
Ah, you'd be surprised how many people there are in the States that know of these bands.. I'm from Canada , but I live in the US now for school..NY

well you live in a special place cause i think im the only one who listens to this music in a 100 mile radius........

Ohh Rahvin has a new avvy.........its so perty and red!

@the_new: welcome (x3)
@rahvin: just don't spread the word, less ques are better ;)
and yep, you don't find them, but they show up

@final_vision: i'm the only who still can't see my new avatar... anyone knows what's wrong? i tried removing all my cookies but still i just see the old one. it's annoying. :(

@fathervic: more files shared are better also. ;)

rahvin.

edit: forget about that, f_v: it's fixed now, somehow. :)

@final_vision: i'm the only who still can't see my new avatar... anyone knows what's wrong? i tried removing all my cookies but still i just see the old one. it's annoying. :(

That shouldn't really have anything to do with cookies - cookies are just text files remote sites can save onto your hard drive. Anyhow, I guess you're using IE under Windows, so remove all files in "\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files" and then hold shift while pressing reload on some page where your avatar is, like this page for example. That SHOULD work, but you never really know with IE...

@phyre: thank you, that's what did the trick in the end. is there any scientific explanation or is it the usual matter of trials and errors that surrounds everything ie-related? :)

rahvin.

@phyre: thank you, that's what did the trick in the end. is there any scientific explanation or is it the usual matter of trials and errors that surrounds everything ie-related? :)

rahvin.

Well, IE saves all HTML documents and pictures in the "Temporary Internet Files" directory for faster access later, so it won't have to fetch the same images over and over again. Holding shift while pressing reload forces it to do a hard reload from the server.

I can't show my wisdom with computers thanks to phyre, I'm sad. :p

Rhave, I don't like so much that new avatar, is far away from my conception of chupi, dear fruitcake. But anyway, I still love you.

@Every newbie: ñaca to ya all.

|ngenius (Introducing new words)

Originally posted by |ngenius
Rhave, I don't like so much that new avatar, is far away from my conception of chupi, dear fruitcake. But anyway, I still love you.

it wasn't meant to be chupi, at that. i thought that my usually being good-humoured and at times ironic in my posts called for a counterbalance that accounted for my rational part. therefore, something sleek, geometrical in design and in dark colours seemed appropriate. besides, it has nothing to do with death metal, or metal, or death (i'd find it redundant on such a board).
or maybe i just liked the image, ok? ;)
anyway now that i'm sure you still love me i'm gonna keep it. :)

rahvin.

Yep, great explanation. As you said, the "black industrial metal" appearance of this new image is the main point that makes me dislike with. The dark colours and the preponderance of rect geometrical in its design is the opposite of my taste wants. So, as we said in Spain: "Para gustos, colores" (that means everyone has his own opinion, and that's quite good).

Status
Not open for further replies.