I'm New -------- If this is you, post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well.... technically I'm not new since I posted a few posts (ehm....) a couple of years ago... but...
anyway, I'm 28, from center Italy, and I think I share with Rahvin another thing apart form the love of DT and the nationality on the passport... the love for well-written fantasy... (I do hereby state that George Martin's ASOIAF is the BEST saga done since the days of Tolkien)...
Nowadays I'm deeply entrenched on the sound of the likes of Isis, Neurosis, Cult of Luna, Dillinger Escape Plan, Between The Buried And Me, Mastodon, and postrock a-là Explosions In The Sky, GYBE, Silver Mt Zion, Do Make Say Think...

that's all for now methinks...

welcome, buddy. for some reason this board seems to be a magnet for italians... i put it down to the extraordinary good looks of the likes of hiljainen and hyena, powerheads of the italian tribe. ;)

and blessed be, strider, for wubing george martin. :)

King Chaos said:
Welcome Strider! :wave:

I just got the first Book in the Song of Ice and fire saga, 'A Game of Thrones'. I've heard too many good things about it now, I cant wait to get it started.

Good band list. New Mastodon album is sweet!

I know this isn't the right place so I'll make it short and fast:
with the Ice and Fire Saga the only problem is that your life won't be the same anymore (like after the first time with sex or metal :D )

and the new Mastodon is the best Heavy metal album of this great year (but just because I don't consider Isis and DEP heavy metal...)

cheers

Welcome Strider. :wave:
Strider said:
(I do hereby state that George Martin's ASOIAF is the BEST saga done since the days of Tolkien)
Now all you have to do is read some Robin Hobb and completely change your mind.

Hey, hows it going everyone
Im a 20 year old guy, Im in college and I love everything metal
I live in New Bedford, Massachussetts
Lately Ive been listening to alot of Arsis, Capharnaum, Deadwater Drowning, Dark Tranquillity(always), Death(always), the new Shadows Fall is amazing imo, Mastodon, Beyond the Embrace, Vehemence(always)

welcome strider and embersastray83 (there should be a limit to a nick's length, you know :p).

soon we'll gather each and every italian citizen on this board. then we'll blow up the place. :D

Rusty said:
Welcome Strider. :wave:Now all you have to do is read some Robin Hobb and completely change your mind.

yes... even the mighty George seems to love him(her?)... so I'll give him(her?) a try... thnx for the advice!

cheers

@strider: welcome from the alleged... what was that? powerhead of the italian tribe. never doubt my exceptionally good looks, and be very afraid of hiljainen's revolutionary polenta. :lol:

hyena said:
@strider: welcome from the alleged... what was that? powerhead of the italian tribe. never doubt my exceptionally good looks, and be very afraid of hiljainen's revolutionary polenta. :lol:

thx hyena! always good to see the Italian Power finally starting to dominate the world again! :D

hey why not making italian the official forum's official language? :p

rahvin said:
that'd certainly go down well with the two of us, mr. "i'm 28". ;)

oh sheet... this mornin' me ol' back ached as hell... must've been all the 'eadbanging to the new Black Sabbath last night... mebbe you 'eard it... it's called Paranoid...
oh my aching bones... :erk:

Strider said:
yes... even the mighty George seems to love him(her?)... so I'll give him(her?) a try... thnx for the advice!
Her. :p If you aren't sure where to start, the Farseer trilogy is the place to be. Then after you've fallen in love with that you can read the Tawny Man trilogy, which takes place 15 years after the end of the Farseer one. Then you tell me how fantastic I am for getting you to read them. I like making plans.

EDIT: And where are my manners? Welcome also to EmbersAstray, whose name I will almost always read as EmbersAshtray. :wave:

I don't know how I could call myself. I registered year of two ago and posted something here, but then I moved, accomplished military service and so on, which means that I haven't posted here for a really long time and before that I only succeeded to write only few posts. So I think no-one really remembers me.

Aldraugth said:
I don't know how I could call myself. I registered year of two ago and posted something here, but then I moved, accomplished military service and so on, which means that I haven't posted here for a really long time and before that I only succeeded to write only few posts. So I think no-one really remembers me.
I certainly recognise your name, but whether from recently or longer ago I'm not sure. Welcome back anyway. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.