I'm New -------- If this is you, post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chocolate cake and heated cola with lemons are my favorite breakfast along with croissants and anything with potatoes (potatoes are my faves for any meal)...

ewwwwwwwwwww heated cola???? is it me or each day world get stranger??? first E.T. and now this!!!!!!!!!

well as I'm a newbie I'll introduce myself too (in order to get the cookie, don't take me wrong!)
I'm 58 years old, I live in the Easter Island but my parents come from Corner_East (they couldn't afford nothing in Middle_East)
I can bake my own bread (or I eat my boogies!) and I can make figures out of my ears wax.
I'm taking xylofon lessons and atempting to work for NASA one day, I want to be first man to walk in the moon.

Gees, I just realized that actually no-one has ever walked IN the moon before :D

Siren (who's jealous of FatherVic's originality)

Originally posted by Siren
Gees, I just realized that actually no-one has ever walked IN the moon before :D

hey, how do you know? :)

rahvin. (who thought of posting a message on the lines of 'fathervic would accomplish this mission thanks to his big drill', then quickly thought better)

moon is what NASA call a satelite, I call it the_big_blueish_thing (no, not my avatar!!!) and no, my drill wouldn't help, but a big catapult might!
I run everyday faster to see how wind affects me, and I've been calculating (run out of fingers) how many minutes I'll need to get there....
space will defeat me again!

I guess I could say I'm new to this forum too. I used to be in the Opeth forum but nowadays it's just a pit of pointless (and most of the times, stupid) threads. I must admit i "never" posted here before 'cause it was quite intimidating, considering this forum is somewhat more "intellectual" than the rest (though i might be wrong :p )

I didn't want to contribute to the messing-up of the harmony of this place but i just couldn't resist it (read: i have nothing else to do) :D

(...and Finlandia Vodka™ helped a bit too) :)

Originally posted by astarte
I must admit i "never" posted here before 'cause it was quite intimidating, considering this forum is somewhat more "intellectual" than the rest (though i might be wrong :p )

Never base that on a thread by |ngenious or Father |ngenious seems to be a Catalan robot and Vic is the master of melons, and well, we all know what happens after that........

Do check out our band tho in a thread somewhere along the board! It rules, and well be playing at wacken this year (if the Phyros would quit feeding our rabbit front.....rabbit alchohol that is)

Final_Vision: Running off into the distance screaming....

Originally posted by astarte
I must admit i "never" posted here before 'cause it was quite intimidating, considering this forum is somewhat more "intellectual" than the rest (though i might be wrong :p )

you're right, there's a big rise in cultural level here. have you seen my new hula hoop yet? :)

rahvin.

but some of the opethian brabble people are here as well :)
i usually post my more pointless things there, dunno why... well maybe, because it's overcrowded, you get responses very quickly. or maybe because it already was drowning in unimportant threads when i began to post there... who knows.

anyways, welcome :)

Originally posted by Skald
hAiLs! Jag är KaPtEn SkAlD, sailing the seven seas here and there.
I like to play guitar when my ship isn't sinking
check out the music which the wind and water cast over me.

It's really good, and if you're saying the sound and artificial drums sucks - that's make it very potential. I could feel the Maiden's blowing through the leads, and couldnt avoid some other "classical" heavies breathing there too. Theater of Tragedy influence in the last track is quite in place.

And you are right as for you p.s. about the singing.

Originally posted by VultureCulture
i usually post my more pointless things there, dunno why... well maybe, because it's overcrowded, you get responses very quickly. or maybe because it already was drowning in unimportant threads when i began to post there...
I agree, you can write the most pointless words but there's always somebody to replay to them. Thus it became so full of empty topics that, for a while, fed the mindless boredom but that forum it's no longer about Opeth (not even about music)... It sad and offensive for a band like that.

but that's the way of many a forum. it just has to shrink down to a more healthier size. this will eventually and hopefully happen by itself like in nature, or it will get filled with crap until there's nothing left to build something new upon. sad for the band indeed. i think forums only work for medium-known bands...

@Astarte: This is a board with quite changing tone in the argumental lines of its threads, and that point is the most interesting attraction to post here. Unfortunately, sometimes there are ppl that post useless things, but the catalan forces will fight against that invaders! :D

@Rahvin: Hey, man! I didn't see your hula hoop!!! You play with it naked? :loco:

another one here that want see rahving playing with the hula hop naked (even I guess I would keep staring another thing that would move with the "inertia!"

@final_V well that's why I normally don't begin threads (I do other do for me ;) ) because everybody would skip the threads I begin, knowing how dumbass I am!!!!

@starte feel like home, the cultural level here just goes with the breeze, sometimes out sometimes in, the nice thing is trying to keep track on it (even I force it to go out though)

I LOVE THIS FORUM

fathervic (who hadn't wrote in capitals for ages!!!)

I knew people would find my taste in food disgusting; they always do. I also like salad dressing with fries...

I still want to marry a band member for some reason... if they are interesting, then I could talk about metal with them if the conversation lags... Most of the death and black metal guys are also gorgeous, I must say, so that's a plus. ;)

As for my age, I started school very early... everyone is older than me and probably less odd. hehe.

Originally posted by rahvin

wow, d'you know i work in a library? we could talk about libraries all day, for hours on end, and... ... ... then again, maybe not.

Cool! What division do you work in?

@fathervic, |ngenius: 's more like the hula hoop playing with me, really. and then, i had to quickly find a substitute to the *trumpet sound* sceptre of knowledge *end of trumpet sound*.

@mousewings: i agree that you may find some metalhead's looks a happy bonus and their normal conversation kinda stimulating, but there's still no need of getting actually married, the way i see it. besides, since this place is usually crammed full of metallers, you might want to post a new thread with your wedding requests (age, height, favourite metal topic, location) to start making a selection. ;)
as for the library, i'm not familiar with your use of 'division' (i didn't join the army ;) ), but i can tell you this: i work in a university library that stores some 140.000 books in various languages other than italian (i'm in italy, that's why i point out) and mostly take care of the administrative side of business (what books are being ordered, how much we have to pay for them, how they have to be classified and so on). that's all *yawn* so terribly *yawn* interesting *yawn*. :)

rahvin.

Status
Not open for further replies.