I'm New -------- If this is you, post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by rahvin

@mousewings: i agree that you may find some metalhead's looks a happy bonus and their normal conversation kinda stimulating, but there's still no need of getting actually married, the way i see it. besides, since this place is usually crammed full of metallers, you might want to post a new thread with your wedding requests (age, height, favourite metal topic, location) to start making a selection. ;)
Good idea. :lol: There will probably be no people who like metal who are from my desolate area of the earth and long distance relationships don't work for me. I also doubt that anyone would be eager to relocate to this place to observe me and see if they like me. :)

Originally posted by rahvin
as for the library, i'm not familiar with your use of 'division' (i didn't join the army ;) ), but i can tell you this: i work in a university library that stores some 140.000 books in various languages other than italian (i'm in italy, that's why i point out) and mostly take care of the administrative side of business (what books are being ordered, how much we have to pay for them, how they have to be classified and so on). that's all *yawn* so terribly *yawn* interesting *yawn*. :)

rahvin.
We use the term "divisions" here in Edmonton. Ahh... that is aquisitions and cataloguing... I want to do that too. Reference questions would be a bit of a challenge as I don't come off as being warm or receptive. The patrons will be afraid of me...

The university libraries are always neat with their old documents and stuff. We have one here in Alberta... it's a bit creepy though and I've only been there once.

Originally posted by Final_Vision
although milkshakes and fries rule!
:) I like that heavy salad dressing with my fries, stuff like mayonnaise and Miracle Whip. That is much different than the fancy dressings. I also like raw, cold, smoked salmon, and when I eat baked potatoes I also eat the peel. I think that would make the cola thing seem normal by comparision. :lol:

Oh rats, I forgot to add...

welcome to the new people. :) Hope you love this board. Everyone here is cool (they even welcomed a strange person like me).

Originally posted by mousewings

:) I like that heavy salad dressing with my fries, stuff like mayonnaise and Miracle Whip. That is much different than the fancy dressings. I also like raw, cold, smoked salmon, and when I eat baked potatoes I also eat the peel. I think that would make the cola thing seem normal by comparision. :lol:

Yeah I know people who eat frieds with Mayonaise as well. Miracle Whip might not be too bad. As for potatoes and the skin, I do all the time, very healthy hehe.

:err:I've posted a few times before I noticed this thread, am new to the boards.

I'm Male, 17 and live in Vancouver B.C.

Am more of a Punk guy myself(know that'll probably get me shouted off the boards:eek: ) But am a fan of Dark Tranquility. Nice to meet you all:)

Snoogins:loco:

Originally posted by Jackle
Am more of a Punk guy myself(know that'll probably get me shouted off the boards:eek: )

why would that be? :err:
i actually listen to much more punk than any sort of metal, and probably listen to other music more often than the times i listen to metal, and nobody here ever complained. :cool:

you're welcome here.

rahvin.

Maese Michele is a betrayer on this board, he must die. Our religion is metal, and for metal we live, the helmets and the swords must be the judge and law respectively to protect.... er... what in hell I'm saying?

@Jackle: I used to listen to some punk bands (sometimes called "alternative punk", but I'm not a friend of labels), like Bad Religion, Rancid, Pennywise, and so on. At the moment listening to The Corrs. This morning a bit of progressive jazz (huh?! Fuckin' labels...). This is an open-minded forum, if I'm posting here, everybody can. :D

Originally posted by |ngenius
Maese Michele is a betrayer on this board, he must die.

surely he must. who are we talking about, btw? ;)

@mousewings: you said earlier it was you who wanted to visit foreign shores in order to find a suitable northern lover... post some shameless self-promotion (i could help conceive a fire-proof strategy :rolleyes: ), throw in a few mind-boggling pictures for the sake of the thing and wait for some tall growler from sweden to show up. just as soon as he says hello you jump on an airplane and pay him a brief, six-months visit. then you get married. and i want to be the best man. ;)
as for my library, the patrons are mostly students and i like to act in a very no-shit, in-your-face way with them, so that they get the impression that i'm not really one of them (which is, btw, utterly false). probably though i'm not very good at inducing terror, and most of the regulars here just plain like me. oh, well. :D

rahvin.

Wooh...good to hear, been cruisin lots of the boards around here, many seem to have an anti-Punk mentality. Is nice to know this boards more open, thanks for the warm welcome:loco:

Originally posted by Jackle

I'm Male, 17 and live in Vancouver B.C.

Am more of a Punk guy myself(know that'll probably get me shouted off the boards:eek: ) But am a fan of Dark Tranquility. Nice to meet you all:)

Snoogins:loco:
Ahh... a fellow Canadian...
Welcome!

I doubt you will get slack for listening to non-metal music here. I like that blues-metal/rock stuff and no one has slagged me. They are all very tolerant here; no musical elitism. :)

how could anyone say he loves music when he forbids himself and others to listen to stuff by err, tom waits, depeche mode, björk or tori amos or jethro tull or blablablabla...
is this an apple which i see before me? [hehe]

@jackle: welcome, welcome. and a whole lot of thanks for keepin the poetry thread a-rollin!
@morrigan: hallihallöchen! wo genau befindet sich denn dein domizil wenn man fragen darf?
@mousewings: err, welcome! [taTA!]

seems as if some people cannot stand the opeth-board-posting-terror any longer and search for waters more tranquill

Originally posted by terria
how could anyone say he loves music when he forbids himself and others to listen to stuff by err, tom waits, depeche mode, björk or tori amos or jethro tull or blablablabla...
is this an apple which i see before me? [hehe]
Very true.
Originally posted by terria

@mousewings: err, welcome! [taTA!]

seems as if some people cannot stand the opeth-board-posting-terror any longer and serach for waters more tranquill
Thanks! :)

The board I visit (ndmbml) is pretty messed up too. It is even worse I believe. There is an argument about morals, religion, political correctness, etc every day with personal insults being thrown around... It was just not very fun.

This forum is a breath of fresh air... :)

Welcome Jackyl, fortunately at this board you have luxury of a bunch of people who are laid back and open-minded. Tho some may be paranoid and some may be androids, well, its still a nice place. Enjoy your stay (I honestly cant stand punk but who am I to condemn someone for someting I dont like? Seems to many people do that now a'days.....)

Final_Vision: A little late but hes still the DT Doorman damnit!

Status
Not open for further replies.