I'm New -------- If this is you, post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhavin, I'm mostly a Cryptospy, Malevolent Creation, Suffocation, Iniquity, Disgorge, Exhumed, Morbid Angel, Immolation, Goreguts, etc... type of guy now, and was a US Thrash type of guy before. :lol: Been into a lot of it for many years.

So, I'm new to the European melodic scene... All these bands, Borknagar, DT, Opeth, Katatonia bands, I've never really heard, listened to, or had freinds who could turn me onto some of it.

Some of it I don't like, some of it I'm starting to buy, and most of it I haven't heard yet... so it's been interesting expanding my knowledge and appreciation to some of these bands. DT is new to me, both CD's I own were purchased within the last 7 days, and I think it's some cool stuff.

Not necessarily as heavy or brutal as I'm used to, but that's not a bad thing either. :)

@xenophobe: of the bands you mentioned, i almost only dig malevolent creation, but i have a couple of anecdotes to share concerning two others...

when i as a toddler i bought a suffocation cd (effigy of the forgotten) without knowing the band. i didn't know many bands back then, and i mostly bought cd's out of a whim or because the cover was inspiring. after a couple of years into metal and thrash, i figured out everything with such a name and a revolting cover would sound good. ;) well, when i got home - with a friend - and put the cd in the stereo, i couldn't believe my ears. my friend couldn't either.
the music was ok, it sounded a lot like bands i had heard before; but the vox were - in our view - all fucked up and we couldn't hear a thing. we promptly decided the cd was somehow corrupted and the vocals (only the vocals!) had been recorded wrong. :lol: i remember searching the back of the cd for scratches that would confirm this theory. :lol:

the other is about gorguts. i once saw a tape of their "inoculated life" album that had the funniest typo on one side. unfortunately it's only funny in italian, but i'll try to explain.
it read "inculated" instead of inoculated, and though this verb does not exist in english, its italian counterpart if it did does mean "to fuck someone up the ass" (erm, forgive my french). :lol:

welcome to the world of melodic death metal, btw. :)

rahvin.

dick?

rahve, i didn't know the suffocation one... or if i did know i didn't remember... hahaha... :lol:

hyena

Cheers guys. I'm 24 and live in Dublin. As I said on my profile yokey, music is my life. Apart from that I love reading Classical Literature, Fantasy, Sci-Fi & Esoteric. I love the outdoors. It's pretty cool here in Ireland for that sort of thing. A good few forests and quiet areas. Myself and the lads from the band are picking up and moving to Germany next year so hopefully I'll get to see DT live.......for the first time!!

Seraph

welcome Seraph. dublin where? i was in blackrock for quite a while in my day.

hyena

Status
Not open for further replies.