I'm New -------- If this is you, post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers guys.
You all sound a bit mental....lol...you guys sound so much like my mates esp. Dark Jester...i can tell you're gunna b pretty fun to talk to.......this could be soooooooo cool! lol. What bands u guys like? what concerts u been to lately? Ne one here heard of Dreadful Shadows or London after midnight?

I'm honoured dude :D
Anyway, as well as DT, I'm also and In Flames, Arch Enemy, Blind Guardian and Hammerfall fan...basically, if they sing about broadswords and how cool it is to give orcs a beating on a sunny winter's day, I'm all for it ;)
No concerts, my heavy university committments make it hard at the moment...

@salamurhaaja

BTW, I think is a better thread than the "I'm New" for newbies, this way we actually get to know them a bit more without having to ask everything on that thread as a seperate question

You're right!

So... My name's Elisa, I'm 24 years old and I'm part of this forum's numerous Italians' rank!
My favourites styles of metal are: Death and Folk followed by some Power and "Classic".
Fave bands:
1. Dark Tranquillity
2. Finntroll
4. Skyclad
5. Rage

...and my first musical-love: Queen

Originally posted by TaRnIsHeD
I don't know much skyclad stuff.........anyone give me any pointers of stuff i should look up by them?

if you like less metal/more folk-ish stuff, try getting the following songs:

- penny dreadful
- building a ruin
- postcard from planet earth
- history lessens [no typo, that's the real title]
- another fine mess
- bury me
- the one piece puzzle

on the other hand, you might want to check the harder stuff out with:

- on with their heads!
- spinning jenny
- the widdershins jig
- bellyful of emptiness
- art-nazi
- brimstone ballet
- polkageist

a fairly complete discography can be found at www.skyclad.co.uk : the first two-three albums are quite thrashy, then the following three a rather intense mix of folk and classic metal. then comes the "softest" period (again, a couple of records) and finally a return to the heavier sound. avoid anything without martin walkyier singing, i.e., everything after "folkémon".

rahvin.

Wow Rahvin... Happy on meeting you into another musical taste!
I love Skyclad, and here I have something that could make you "jealous" (...I must go on my previous post and change the answer to the 21st question...:D ): me and some friends of mine have had the luck of spending an entire week with Martin and I must say that he's a Great Man! By the way, have you ever heard his older SABBAT's stuff (pre-Skyclad) ?! Pretty rough but very effective!

*has a fit of rage*
*whimpers slowly in a corner*

no, really, ok, i'm :cry: fine with :cry: the fact that you :cry: spent a whole week :cry: with martin.

i've heard both sabbat records, but i think they lack a certain something. the same after all goes for the very first skyclad album... good ideas on pretty rough material. the exact opposite of the latest records: poor ideas on overly-polished material. ;)

rahvin.

@lethedon: why don't you take part in the vote-off polls? you'll soon forget about the happy times i've spent with niklas while you were who-knows-where doing who-knows-what with who-knows-who. :devil:

rahvin.

Status
Not open for further replies.