I'm New -------- If this is you, post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm Thomas, 23 yrs old from Cracow, Poland. I've been dedicated DT fan for ages, unfortunately seen them only twice :/ First during the DVD recording in my hometown (you can see me several times on the DVD standing just next to the stage :headbang: ), and recently in Berlin. Hail!

Well I am new You can check my specs somewhere I am sure but if not or if you are too lazy here we go.

21. Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA. Senior art student at Kendall college of Art and Design, pursuuing a bachelors degree. Will be graduating on time in May of 2006.

In my free time I attempt to play guitar but usually suck but I love it all the same. I also enjoy listening to music obviously Dark Tranquility, Cradle of Filth, Type-O-Negative, Sybreed, Marilyn Manson, Soilwork etc....

I would like everyone to check out my site,

http://www.dennisdarmody.com

it has my art portfolio of variious types and hey e-mail me with what you think at:

Sacred_Blasphemies@hotmail.com

F.Y.I. I have already gotten a lot of ridicule for posting my site, so please just take a look I am here to stay and here to post. I am sure you all will get tired of me eventually. Oh, and I also p[ost on the TON board (type-o-negative).

Hello crimson wind and deatheclipsed. :wave:

@Crimson Wind - Wow, you were at that gig? That's cool. I always wonder why people who were at that gig don't come here to let us know about it. I have a question about it though. While you were there, did you at any point look around and think "What the fuck is wrong with these people". I mean, it seemed like some of the audience were literally bored (Although I dont know how this is possible). Was the dead atmosphere noticeable on the night or is it just something inflicted on the DVD by accident?

@Deatheclipsed... I'll check your site sometime. I'll also look forward to seeing what you have to offer the DT board :)

King Chaos said:
Hello crimson wind and deatheclipsed. :wave:

@Crimson Wind - Wow, you were at that gig? That's cool. I always wonder why people who were at that gig don't come here to let us know about it. I have a question about it though. While you were there, did you at any point look around and think "What the fuck is wrong with these people". I mean, it seemed like some of the audience were literally bored (Although I dont know how this is possible). Was the dead atmosphere noticeable on the night or is it just something inflicted on the DVD by accident?

The thing was that this show (as well as Warsaw one, the day before) were kind of rush arrangements as far as I know, even I didn't know about it, till I bumped on the short note about it in Polish Metal Hammer. There weren't absolutely any news in the city like posters advertising it and other stuff. And the "venue" (TV studio) itself is located in quite wierd and unpopular part of Cracow.
DT played then with Enslaved and Rotting Christ and I guess these were the bands people came to see, and befere DT gig some of them just left. Simply - DT is not quite known here :/ Yup, I know that few shots from the DVD looks really bad when it comes to the audience and really not much people there. I would have to be an huge optimist to claim 200 fans during the show. So I guess this is the only thing fucked up about the DVD, but never to be heard from the band members.
Anyway, the show was great, it all took something like 7 hours including all bands :) It was a great fun, I only missed at least one song from "Skydancer" :erk:

and here me at the show :D
me.jpg

Well I'm new her... have been listening to metal for 8 years and discovered DT arounds three years ago... is there a little place for me here ? :)

fav. bands : DT, Therion, Symphony X, Finntroll, Angra, and much more...

Another new one! Jani J. Sormunen, a poor student from Finland. Not very trustworthy, hence the name Katala (= deceitful) :erk: Rather new to DT, first saw them live 7.03.05 in Helsinki (with Kreator and Cradle of Shit). Excited about summer, since I'll be seeing DT at least twice (hurray for festivals) :headbang: As for music, I can't get enough of Kalmah, Insomnium, DT, Amon Amarth, Tarot... the list goes on.

So, hello everyone :wave:

Well I'm new so I guess I'll post here...I'm Gene, I'm 16 and live in NYC and I've been a fan of swedish metal, especially DT for a few years now may 1st will be the first time I see them cant wait

Hello all newbies! There is an abundant and promising batch of you, it seems. Please stick with us, the forum needs new blood.

I'm hyena, and I live in a city where it only and always rains on weekends. it's 11.35 am on a saturday and the rain is already falling. :(

@hyena: it's the same here, actually i don't dislike it, it prevents me from getting soaked during the week going to uni :p
it pisses me off a bit today though, i was going to wash clothes for next week, they are never going to dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.