Immigration?

Back on the issue of immigration, I wonder what the difference in policy will be between Vicente Fox and whoever wins the election. If the leftist candidate wins he has promised to bring more social welfare to Mexico, which will obviously put Mexico in deep debt. Mexico doesn't need a worse economy than they already have, and if their economy does tank, that will mean more and more illegals crossing the border.

Silver Incubus said:
Freeloaders are Freeloaders, they should be proud of the country they are born in and work to fix it themselves. Truely they are being lazy by going to America
I stongly disagree!
Most immigrants, legal or not, are not freeloaders.
I'm sure they are proud of their country, and would love to be able to fix it.
Lazy by coming to America, I don't think so!

If I was a poor Mexican living in Juarez I would do anything to get me or my family across the northern border, I don't blame them at all. However, that isn't the point. The point is the impact this largely unrestricted illegal immigration has on local communities and state budgets.

War_Blade said:
african slaves didn't build america. Sure they did manual labor but they didn't really didn't effect any laws until the 1960s.
The hell they did'nt!
In my opinion manual labor is more important!
Sure we have the best political system in the world, but without a strong economic base, it would'nt have lasted!

black labor played an important role in the agricultural economy of the South, and it can't be denied that the fast growth of the new American economy owed alot to slave labor, but I wouldn't suggest that black slavery "founded" the nation or anything.

Keltoi said:
black labor played an important role in the agricultural economy of the South, and it can't be denied that the fast growth of the new American economy owed alot to slave labor, but I wouldn't suggest that black slavery "founded" the nation or anything.
:Smokin:
I never suggested that!
Just giving props!

Keltoi said:

+1 that is what i was trying to say.

and MEGAMANIAC, please dont use clown talk here, thx.

It is said that immigrants bring wealth to the economy, yet what we see is that whereever they settle there is noticable impoverishment and massive increase in crime. Does anyone deny this? Is it fair to criticise someone for not wanting that to happen in their town? Aren't the main beneficiaries of having these people around to exploit really unscrupulous capitalists? They want slave labour from people who don't demand better conditions. If there are fewer workers available, those workers can negotiate better for a fair deal.

BTW Is "Dia de la Raza" a "racist" celebration?

So this is true with immigrants that aren't hispanics on their way to America? I'm not saying you're wrong. I actually don't know.

It's true with all concentrations in an area of non-white immigrants. I'd be interested to hear of any exceptions ever in history. I'm talking about anywhere in the world where such immigrants have settled among whites.

I feel like I really should've known that, but why I didn't is beyond me... (Whatever.) The way I see it, i think it all just goes back to the whole idea of White Supremacy, since in so many incidences involving mass migration and white people, the white man always comes out on top.

When those immigrants come, the white man doesn't end up on top, othewise they'd drive out the immigrants. It's a significant number of white people who get driven out or just can't stand it and run away. This is termed "white flight".

Something I've been wondering about. Can anyone tell me: are trailer park communities mostly white, wheras subsidized housing in cities is mostly taken by non-whites? I think they go there to run away a lot of the time.

Norsemaiden said:
When those immigrants come, the white man doesn't end up on top, othewise they'd drive out the immigrants. It's a significant number of white people who get driven out or just can't stand it and run away. This is termed "white flight".

Something I've been wondering about. Can anyone tell me: are trailer park communities mostly white, wheras subsidized housing in cities is mostly taken by non-whites? I think they go there to run away a lot of the time.

The trailer parks are actually maybe even worse than public housing. They are comprised of persons with very low intelligence and little to no hygiene. But the public housing in America is truly awful and a den of roaches, drugs, dirt, and violence. You'd flee too.

I agree with Speed. I'd rather live in a trailer park than public housing any day.

Norsemaiden said:
It's true with all concentrations in an area of non-white immigrants. I'd be interested to hear of any exceptions ever in history. I'm talking about anywhere in the world where such immigrants have settled among whites.
Whites are the original gangbangers!
Example, New York-4 Points, The Mafia, etc...
You're a racist & a bigot!

-MEGAMANIAC- said:
Whites are the original gangbangers!
Example, New York-4 Points, The Mafia, etc...
You're a racist & a bigot!

I honestly don't know what this means. Please explain. It's no good just calling me names - explain something in normal English grammar please.

I actually suspect you are biggoted yourself. If I have said anything unreasonable on this thread, what is it and why unreasonable?

Soon mexican's will be citizens of the North American Union, if we in Canada and the US don't stop it. This news isn't all that mainstream but there are things about it, and in fact it concerns me. Will the USA and Canada soon be a thing of the past, Will we even be controlled by 'elected' persons or will there be a president/prime minister of the N.A.U.?

On July 29, 2005, President Bush signed a bill which permits and promotes the charging of tolls on existing and planned interstate highways, bridges, and tunnels. Before the passage of the bill, known as SAFETEA-LU, or “Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users”, it was generally illegal to charge tolls on roads built with Federal funds. What’s more, the tolls collected will be automatic, requiring universally compatible toll transponder tags on every vehicle.

SAFETEA-LU makes possible a variety of programs, all aimed at forcing Americans to pay to travel. To wit:

* “Interstate System Reconstruction & Rehabilitation Pilot Program” allows the tolling of existing interstate highways, bridges, and tunnels to fund repair of existing highways.

* “Interstate System Construction Toll Pilot Program” authorizes tolling existing facilities on the interstate system to fund new interstate highways.

* “Value Pricing Pilot (VPP) Program” allows new tolls on existing toll free facilities such as high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes, tolls on new lanes added to existing highways, and electronically collected variable tolls on existing and new toll facilities.

* “Express Lanes Demonstration Program” allows tolling to finance new lanes. Automatic toll collection is REQUIRED and revenue collected may be used to provide a reasonable rate of return on PRIVATE financing, operation, and maintenance costs.

* “High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) Facilities, SAFETEA-LU Section 1121 (23 USC 166)” authorizes states to build high occupancy toll (HOT) lanes on interstate and non-interstate facilities.

Norsemaiden said:
I honestly don't know what this means. Please explain. It's no good just calling me names - explain something in normal English grammar please.

I actually suspect you are biggoted yourself. If I have said anything unreasonable on this thread, what is it and why unreasonable?

FUCK YOU!
How's that for "normal English" grammar?

Who gives a shit what you suspect!

Explain?
Go back and read all of your posts!