Introduce yourself here

"So I browsed this Katatonia forum and saw people with strange names posting there... one guy calling himself Blakkstein or something..."
That was too cute!
:lol::lol::lol:
I hope you're aware that Blakkheim is not only a moderator of this forum... ;)
Welcome and stay here, so you can learn all about Katatonia :headbang:

Thanks for the welcome, Cis.

I'm addicted to The Great Cold Distance at the moment, its in my car, my cd player and my PC. What am I to do; I glide above....am I dead to love???.:loco:

Hey everyone.
My name is Jessica, I'm 20 years old, and from a "suburb" of Daytona Beach, Florida in the USA. Let's see. I've listened to Katatonia for about 6 years now, and (like most people here would say, I'm sure) am a huge fan. I've yet to see them live but it will happen one day, hopefully! I've been posting on the Opeth forum for several years now on this account and another one I forgot the login info for. I'm a pre-med/biology major in college.

I listen to a lot of different music but metal is definitely the most predominant. My favorites bands/artists in general are: Garmarna, Opeth, Katatonia, Bobby Mcferrin, Swallow the Sun, Vintersorg, Mr. Bungle, Faith No More, Therion, Shakira, Juanes, Chingon, DEBU. Yes, I like latin pop. I shall hang my head in shame.

^Ah...A Swallow The Sun fan. Awesome:headbang:

I'm Zack from Portland, OR btw. Interests are metal, that's about it. Some of my favorite bands are included in my sig for your viewing pleasure (sorry if I appear pompous). Other favorite bands are: Joy Division, Dinosaur Jr, Twisted Tower Dire, Pagan Altar, Manilla Road, Cirith Ungol, Candlemass, Solitude Aeturnus, Catacombs, Ahab, Torchbearer and Novembers Doom.

Hello - my name is Glenn, and I live in Vancouver, Canada.

Like many people here, I discovered Katatonia (and Porcupine Tree) through Opeth. It's almost criminal how under-represented they are in North America. This is a great band that deserves way more exposure than they've received -- though I see a break-through iminent here.

I'm 39 - a child of the 80s. Grew up reading Circus Magazine, thrashing to Ride the Lightning, and trying to make my hair look like Nikki Sixx's! Ha ha. Great era for music. My first concert was Van Halen 1984 tour with Diamond Dave. Saw Metallica mere weeks after Cliff was killed in that bus accident.

Kinda fell away from metal in the 90's. Spent a lot of time getting into stuff like rap (Biggie Smalls), trip-hop (Air, Portishead) and other scenes.

I think Slipknot's Iowa was what got me REALLY excited about metal again. In 2006, did a net search looking for top metal albums. Reviewer recommended Opeth's Ghost Reveries and Lamb of God's Sacrament. I became a massive fan of LOG. Took me a while longer to get into Opeth, but when I did the love affair was total. They are my favorite band in the world now.

Katatonia - they're number two on the list. Love Jonas' voice, the song-writing is top-notch. I guess 'Unfurl' is my favorite song, but there's so many. I was pretty excited to read the band is contemplating exploring that whole 'Unfurl' sound, but really I like everything they've done.

My dream concert would be to have Opeth and Katatonia tour together, maybe do a little Bloodbath and Murder encore at the end? Ha ha - I KNOW I'm not alone here.

On a final note, glad to see metal alive and well, and populated by so many intelligent bands and fans. Cheers

Ok, I'll try to introduce myself.

29 from Oslo Norway.
Living with my redheaded girlfriend whom I've known for 13 years or so, but only lived with for 2 years.

I'm now finished my education as a nurse..male nurse yes. No sweet nurse here..!

Other than that I love physical activities of most sorts. As I'm reaching for 30 years of age, frisbeegolf is becoming a loved sport. Not very physical in the heavy workout kind of way, but great fun fun in the sun sun..(spot the red dwarf ref?)
Love good humour like Eddie Izzard or Doug Stanhope, Bill Hicks, Blackadder, Spaced, Family Guy etc..

Always been very depressive music wise. Didn't pay much attention to Katatonia before The Last Fair Deal Gone Down came out. Loved it, but already had My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, Moonspell, Cradle Of Filth, Lisa Germano, Elend, *insert random black metal band here* and the likes to satisfy my dark urges which sort of made Katatonia not interesting enough. I however bought Viva Emptiness when it came out and instantly hated it because it didn't sound anything like The Last Fair Deal Gone down. 3 years later an old internet friend from the MDB forum said to me that I really should check out the new Kat album..and I reluctantly did. Suddenly TGCD became gold and it also suddenly translated VE into gold too..and well, the rest is history. I've been listening to Katatonia nonstop for 2 years now more or less. Only Paradise Lost comes close to Katatonia right now.

I've been a great fan of many genres of music, but metal is the genre that seems to be closest to my heart still. Prog rock music was my obsession three years ago. Before that it was EBM/industrial music and before that goth music and before that Black metal..and before that Roxette? :D

Other than that...well...I can be quite the forum whore..and yes, if I provoke you, it's only because I'm bored. I'm mostly a very nice reflected guy..but I tend to want to get some friction in a forum. Without friction things just aren't as interesting.

I can be found at facebook in the official Kat forum there.

Hi everybody !

I'm a 22 years old girl from France. Still student :Smug:
Of course, I'm a huge fan of Katatonia and Diabolical Masquerade, but also many band like Opeth, Hypocrisy, Amorphis and so many more, but I want to be brief ;)
Happy to be with you !!!

Hey. I'm Lina, Russia. I'm 19 y.o. and i live in metal world. I study on the first course in the university, write songs, sing and play piano most of all. That is actually the ting that i'm here cause of my love to Katatonia and the whole swedish metal, specially about HypocrisY, Bloodbath. Nice to see you all here ;) Hope we will be friends.

Other than that...well...I can be quite the forum whore..and yes, if I provoke you, it's only because I'm bored. I'm mostly a very nice reflected guy..but I tend to want to get some friction in a forum. Without friction things just aren't as interesting.

I can be found at facebook in the official Kat forum there.

In the old days there was some friction here.But now it's all gone.Cos all the newbies come and see that there's no Opeth forum thingies around here and they just don't want to post anymore.Regulars just don't seem to do those kind of things.So I think you won't find what you want here...As Kevin said once upon a time; "We are one big happy depressive family" or sth. like that... You get the point:)

In the old days there was some friction here.But now it's all gone.Cos all the newbies come and see that there's no Opeth forum thingies around here and they just don't want to post anymore.Regulars just don't seem to do those kind of things.So I think you won't find what you want here...As Kevin said once upon a time; "We are one big happy depressive family" or sth. like that... You get the point:)

NO YOU'RE WRONG *fights*