Introduce yourself here

Blakkheim

In the Still of the Night
May 16, 2001
Stockholm
www.katatonia.com
to all new members joining this board, welcum and please feel free to introduce yerselves in this thread before u jump into discussions and start posting away. old members should ofcorpze commit to an introduction as well if they feel guilty (in the first degree) they haven't already done so.

cheerz!!

Reactions: Serpentia
Hello all ...

This is Satanas from The Black Horde of Swans. At the present moment I am up here in the local mountains in California where I live enjoying the snow! Looking forward to hearing the new Kataonia as I enjoy their music very much. We ...(The Black Horde of Swans) are busy working on new music & then I will take a long overdue Holiday back home to Ireland & then on to Bishkek in The Kyrgyz Republic ...(Central Asia, part of the former Soviet Union) where my wife is from,she's Russian. Believe it or not people love Metal Music there very much & Russian Beer is quite good indeed! Hope you all are keeping well! Cheers! >>> Satanas :):[/B]hotjump:

I think I've never introduced myself :eek:
Well I'm a friendly, nice bastard cunt from Belgium, 20 years old, studying games design/3D animation, and work each friday night at a fruit and vegetables depot. (so I'm getting ready to go now)
I play guitar in Sentience, some kind of melancholic metal with influences ranging from Tool to Katatonia and Anathema, and even Death. We've been looking for a singer for over a year now.

I'm about 4 months here I don't know if that's new but I never introduced myself so here we go.
I'm Ilan K.(that's my name) aka Paradoxile aka Weierestrass aka Fishik aka "that guy that looks like Mike Portnoy" aka Monk aka Jesus.
23 year old,Crazy as hell,third year Computer Engineering student from Israel.
I play Piano and Classic guitar on my own Avantgarde Solo project called "Nazeleth"(which means snot in hebrew) with influences range from classical music to 70's prog rock and contemporary death metal and hardcore.
I also do a little arty fartsy photography,writing an anti-religion propoganda book and some comedy sketches and I speak 4 languages fluently and currently learning my 5th:Swedish.

the first words I learned in Swedish were:kvinnligt könsorgan:D
don't ban me for cursing!!:erk:

rostock - north east germany - baltic sea

26 years old - last katatonia show - berlin 30.09.2004 (my birthday)

Stockholm was great - it gets dark - earlier as in rostock (october)

On my wall - a Viva Emptiness Poster

(Ich hoffe Schweden wird Weltmeister mit Rade Prica)

And now I live In this town - I walk these dark streets - Up and down, up
and down - Under a dark sky - And I dream That one day I´ll go back home
(by cave)

Well, I live in Göteborg, the centre of the universe, where the best teams play.
Anyway, I'm a student, and probably will be for another while.
I have the worst sense of humor ever and most people wants me dead after 5 minuets with me. And that is why I'm singing that "I will surely die".
I would like to concider my self as an open personality who doesnt really care about what I say. Many people get suprised when one says what everybody is thinking but nobody dares to say.

I'm not new, but I read waaaay more than I post these days and probably never introduced myself anyway. The Katatonia forum was why I joined UM in the first place though. (I can't believe it's coming up on 5 years!)
I write for a couple of mags and host a campus radio show. I'm a grad student from/in Canada but I just applied to study in Sweden for a year, so that might change.

So, yeah. Hi people! :wave:

Im newish. Dont post a lot.

My names Garrett, i live in Melbourne, Australia. I just finished school and had my 18th birthday, so Hooray for me! Im a junior collector of things Opeth and Katatonia...but i must stress very junior :loco:

I just joined this forum a couple days ago and this is my first post. I'm a student in North Carolina, United States, and was turned on to Katatonia by an (online) friend from the Czech Republic last spring when he recommended Viva Emptiness. Since then I've gotten most (all?) of Katatonia's CDs, and lately I've been listening to Last Fair Deal Gone Down the most. Looking forward to the new album.

I'm F. from Belgium (that's Europe for all them Americans ;) ) and I'm into extreme metal and some softer bands such as Katatonia. Hehehe... I can still feel the atmosphere the first time I heard Dance Of December Souls in a cold dark winter... I write for a magazine and play in some (black) metal bands and one Katatonia styled band. That's it.

I am Björn, 26 years from sweden.
the good half of sweden, in difference of IFK_Gothenburg. (stockholm!) :p
been here for quite a while now, but i cant remember if we ever have had an introducing here before.

when i dont spam this board i play with my doughter most of my spare time.

hmmmmm dunno if i've said anything about myself here.... just been posting stupid things for a year and a half >.<. well i'm 19, living in falun, sweden... unoccupied at the moment, trying to find a job. at the moment i spend my days playing resident evil and eating. and my nights sleeping or drinking. so well, hi at all. :wave:

ott0 said:
hmmmmm dunno if i've said anything about myself here.... just been posting stupid things for a year and a half >.<. well i'm 19, living in falun, sweden... unoccupied at the moment, trying to find a job. at the moment i spend my days playing resident evil and eating. and my nights sleeping or drinking. so well, hi at all. :wave:

Seeing Daniel much?

Hello
Name : G&#246;khan Karakan (exact english translation= Sky-khan Darkblood =))
I play guitars in a doom/death metal band called Distopia
my idols : Jonas and Anders =)
my fav band(s): Katatonia, Opeth, Dark Tranquillity
hmm and i study Sociology in university.. =)

ok then....a little more formal...
Name ...Reece
29 years old
been listening to Katatonia since BMD came out...
I am a painter of houses
I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan....one of the PC capitals of the world
Been dating the same chick for 3 1/2 years
I have spent between 1500-2000$ on collecting Katatonia stuff

I did cocain and heroin regularly for 8 years and then got sober....completely sober for 4 years now

I played in a few bands..Pure Bastard Extract was the most well known..did some small tours....back when hardcore punk was cool

I have a big dumb dog...

motorcycle 1979 honda cx-500 custom

truck....1998 ford F-150 full size 4X4

Reading- A million little pieces.....by James frey

play poker every friday.....statistically in the money over half the time I play

hmmmm.....anything I missed?

Deliverance6 said:
ok then....a little more formal...
Name ...Reece
29 years old
been listening to Katatonia since BMD came out...
I am a painter of houses
I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan....one of the PC capitals of the world
Been dating the same chick for 3 1/2 years
I have spent between 1500-2000$ on collecting Katatonia stuff

I did cocain and heroin regularly for 8 years and then got sober....completely sober for 4 years now

I played in a few bands..Pure Bastard Extract was the most well known..did some small tours....back when hardcore punk was cool

I have a big dumb dog...

motorcycle 1979 honda cx-500 custom

truck....1998 ford F-150 full size 4X4

Reading- A million little pieces.....by James frey

play poker every friday.....statistically in the money over half the time I play

hmmmm.....anything I missed?

A junky cleaning up his act is just beautiful...good for you man!:wave: