Iron Maiden's first show in North America-set list

Evil? said:
Wow, this sucks really bad. I have a ticket for the show near me and if this is the setlist I am gonna be pissed.

Be prepared to be pissed. :lol: The American set list never deviates once it's been set.

Well, i really like that Fear of The Dark was played i haven't seen that song live yet. But leaving out so many old classics is criminal.

Carcassian said:
...and, in stark contrast to 99% of people, I find their new cd INTERMINABLY BORING AS HELL

it is, but they played it VERY well live. but i wish they could have played some more classics like the wicker man, run to the hills, etc. but all in all it was a GREAT show, and them playing "hallowed be thy name" made my night.

breathtaking.

Carcassian said:
To paraphrase Lemmy on The Ace of Spades:

"Do I get sick of playing Ace of Spades? Some nights, yes, but fuck it, you know? The fans love it, and so do I - it could be worse, because it's still a great song. We could have been famous for playing a pig of a record, but luckily, we aren't".

Good songs are good songs, and if you wrote it, wouldn't you be proud of it rather than wanting to hide it away ?
:headbang:

Ya know, for all the negative commentary about this set list (which isn't going to change), I haven't heard anyone saying they're going to return their tickets for a refund.

If you want to see the band doing nothing but classics, either stay home and wait until the 2008 tour in support of the 2nd "history" DVD or you should have seen them on either the Ed Hunter (1999), Give Me Ed 'Til I'm Dead (2003) or Ozzfest 2005 tours...or, do like I did and already have seen them in the 80's where people would STILL bitch and moan about the band not playing their favorite songs (i.e. no songs from "Killers" on the World Slavery Tour; and no songs from "Piece of Mind" on the Somewhere On Tour)! :lol:

VelociBrad said:
Yup, new album fucking blows.
No, it's quite good actually though with some obvious flaws. I'd go see them even if I knew they were playing the new album in it's entirety.

i want can i play with madness(yes) number of the beast and the trooper in there...at least those songs....i was going to go...not anymore

Wow, the setlist was exactly the same. I went to the one on 10/13, and there was no difference in set. I was definitely dissapointed, as the new stuff is not fast paced enough to be good metal concert material. Its good stuff, but I want the classics from Maiden.

newBLACKways said:
i want can i play with madness(yes) number of the beast and the trooper in there...at least those songs....i was going to go...not anymore

can i play with madness is shit get out of my house.

You must've had your head up your ass at the show in addition to not having had heard the new album whatsoever. And in case you ever noticed, they never change setlists...

Anyway, it was a fantastic show. The incredibly energetic presentation of the new material brought it to life in such a way that simply does justice to the material moreso than a studio recording ever could. Absolutely phenomenal performance by the band, and I was quite surprised by the audience participation with the new material. Granted, not my ideal setlist for my first Iron Maiden concert, but it was a great night.

Necuratul said:
You must've had your head up your ass at the show in addition to not having had heard the new album whatsoever. And in case you ever noticed, they never change setlists...

Anyway, it was a fantastic show. The incredibly energetic presentation of the new material brought it to life in such a way that simply does justice to the material moreso than a studio recording ever could. Absolutely phenomenal performance by the band, and I was quite surprised by the audience participation with the new material. Granted, not my ideal setlist for my first Iron Maiden concert, but it was a great night.
YOUR FIRST TIME SHIT MAN!!!!!!!! Paddy has seen them 30 + times and i have seen them all over europe my heavy metal bruvver :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Necuratul said:

Well, it was also my first time seeing Maiden, and I kind of wanted them to play the classics. I mean, its not like im close minded or anything, but I listen to them for what they released years ago, not this year. Its like going to see Megadeth and having them only play their new stuff. Though the new stuff is still good, you want them to play the songs that made them famous. If you say you are not in the slightest dissapointed, then you are probably denying it. Unless you just got into Maiden this year with the newer stuff, then I could see your opinion.

The crowd lit up once Fear of the Dark came on. I think this is even more proof. And when they were done, I heard booing. You dont boo at the end of a concert if you are satisfied, which a lot of people werent. More than half the people there probably never heard the new album, so it was probably boring to them.