Is Opeth your # 1 Band?

at the moment, but right now my top list looks like a mosaic. Opeth has the most space on there, but other bands are catching up, plus all the older non-active bands are on there too. Pink Floyd, Beatles, blah blah, so that kind of makes the picture like red, black, green, and blue I think, since there are 4 main bands I listen to. Make that 6, actually I'll just stick with 10, but I won't name them, because it'd be like choosing between your own children.

Yep #1! My top ten is like:

Opeth
Tool
Porcupine Tree
Meshuggah
Katatonia
Alice In Chains
Bloodbath
Isis
Arcturus
Ne Obliviscaris

That's really unofficial though. It changes almost daily.

Yes and Mike Oldfield (he's not a band, I know) are equally great, but Opeth comes pretty close to them. At the moment there are not that many metal bands that I listen, but in metal, Opeth is the apparent number one. It actually changes quite a lot.

Cool. I love Mike Oldfield too. He's in my avatar!

Opeth is in the top 3 alright.

Im listening to different things all the time, but opeth is like coming back home. after listening to another band, and maybe not listening at all to opeth for, say, 4 months, ill be going back to opeth. Theyve been the soundtrack of a third of my life (since i was twelve, up until now, 18) so a lot of memories are related to them..

weirdly, i find that i appreciate Steven Wilson more as a musician than i do Mikael. but still opeth is my pick over PT almost any day.