Is there any band who could pull off an Opeth cover?

Originally posted by nyleve

d. Dream Theater has the best vocalist in the world

Hahahahahaha......Labrie is about the shittiest singer I've ever heard. He ruins that band. If they didn't have a singer they would be a lot better off. When I listen to them, he is just a distraction.

Originally posted by godmachine12

Hahahahahaha......Labrie is about the shittiest singer I've ever heard. He ruins that band. If they didn't have a singer they would be a lot better off. When I listen to them, he is just a distraction.

well I would not go so far to say he is the worst, but I do think the band would be better with another singer.

I'd love to hear Arcturus give it a try, with Simen Hestnaes on Vox though. They are probably the one band that I can envision doing something unique to an Opeth song.

my brother does a lot of stuff...he could sooooo do a Opeth cover awesomely. he plays most of Opeths songs anyway..and can sing like akerfeltd, but also totally has his own style. i think he would do justice

and besides that, who fucking cares..lol..really.. let Opeth do Opeth stuff and stop wondering..heh

I would love to see groups or musicians of a different style, do a cover... Like maybe hearing a full on progressive band doing an Opeth cover would rock. Wouldn't it be cool to hear a band of a completely different style do a cover??? Like get a full symphony to do a cover, I think that it could work for a couple of their songs maybe! Or maybe Mike Oldfield who in the 70's and 80's did kind of progressive, eclectic avant garde stuff, kind of hard to explain, but he would be amazing doing a Opeth cover (now hes doing Irish Jig type stuff)... I have always loved thinking about metal songs being done by other styles!!
I can also play some Opeth stuff, I have actually been working on recording My Own version of Advent with just me, its a lot of fun. Opeth isn't amazingly technical so its not like its incredibly hard, in my opinion at least. :D :)

I would like to hear Pink Floyd, with Waters back, doing a cover of an Opeth song.. :)

what the fuck are u playing at!!!!!!!!!!!!! u disgust me with your insolent fucked up questions! how dare u think anyone can cover opeth, i say good day to u sir. :(

u make me sick! never mention the words of opeth and cover in the same sentence!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

anyway on a more serious note i'd say that it would be too hard to cover an opeth song as no one likes to cover long songs and to do your own take on a song that is so complexed that its like 3 in one would be too hard, i'd like to see it done as long as its not too serious:mad:

I just got Pale Folklore in the mail...it is a brilliant album and there are some Opethian qualities to it. I especially love As Embers Dress The Sky and the 12-minute The Melancholy Spirit, whose long instrumental opening suggests Rush reborn as melodic death. And I discovered them through this BB!

NP: Maudlin Of The Well - The Ferryman

Actually the band doesn't exist yet . It's a band Including THe three guys from thales , 2 from wars of winter , and the guy from Soul Forlorn , it's going to be produced by Dan Swano and Steve Wilson , The song's will be April Ethereal and Bleak , I can't remember the bands name , but that band will be noticed by labels and the members will start to write there own music , and find that it's twice as good as anything Opeth ever did (or maybe not) , the music will be iresistable to metal fans .

:D just a thought though

Well, its not an Opeth cover, but if you'd like to see some scary covers, or funny depending on your sense of humor go to CDnow and search for an album titled "In A Metal Mood"