Is there any metal band that you absolutely hate?

doesn't develop well, eh? I think you'll find most metal doesn't develop at all, just changes through out the song. You can't "develop" a song which uses only simple instruments "guitar, drum bass".

Good bands on Napalm:
-Hollenthon
-Dargaard
-Summoning
-Tristania (debatable)
-Vintersorg
-Darkwell
-Abigor (debatable)
-Ice Ages
-Myriads (debatable)
-Dominion (debatable)
-Otyg
-Thirdmoon

Bal Sagoth-all members should be dragged sreaming into the streets and promptly shot.

All nu-metal, esp. Slipknot who try to pass off as metal

Veles, Graveland and other nazi bands (I'm sorry "NS" bands)

Cradle of Filth-Egomaniacal midget with revolving door members and annoying "vampiric" posing (I'm sorry thats "vampyric" as the cool guy goths spell it!). Music blows too.

Blind Guardian. I absolutely despise this band. "Hate" does not describe my feelings for them. And poor Hansi has such a great voice too! I'll take his demons and wizards project anyday.

Rhapsody and other "fantasy metal" bands. Luca Turilli makes Yngwie seem humble....

Pantera and other Aggro-core braindead meathead rednecks...

Benumb and every other 2 chord, 15 second song, pissed off ex-punker grind bands.

Metallica is my least favorite country music group.

Mmmmm where do i start? Can i b bands that claim 2 b metal? If so slipknot, limp bizkit, any metal that i think isn't well written - no melody,just overdrive etc., Kittie, Korn, Fear Factory, cannibal corpse, amen, dimmu borgir, (hed)PE and I can't think of that many more

not to mention I'm really starting to hate all this hype over Opeth, In Flames, Dark Tranquillity and Iced Earth. Not that I dislike the bands, I just think they are getting pretty overrated.

Limp Bizkit, KoRn, Slipknot, Papa Roach, Linkin Park, Spineshank, Earthtone9, Mudvayne, The Hives, Backyard Babies, Lost Horizon, Burzum, HammerFall, Gamma Ray, Edguy, Freedom Call, Iced Earth, Dark Tranquillity, Nasum, Marilyn Manson, Yngwie Malmsteen, Europe, Poison, Mötley Crüe etc.

All nu-metal, esp. Slipknot who try to pass off as metal

What's not metal about Slipknot? The album sounds pretty damn heavy to my ears. The band members mostly come from a Death Metal background and it shows. It's a little unfair to lump 'em in with the Linken Parks of this world, despite the fact that 12 year olds wear their shirts.

When I was 12 a lot of kids were into Iron Maiden and this pissed the old Rockers off no end! I guess Iron Maiden were the Slipknot of the early 80's :)

The only bands I hate are those who jump on every passing bandwagon as it goes rolling along. How many thrash bands started playing death metal? How many death metal bands then started playing black metal? How many of these black metal bands are now wishing they never sold their Cannibal Corpse CDs to buy Emperor ones? Death is, after all, the New Black :)

One band from the UK that I know of have, in the space of 3 years, turned from a pretty good C.O.C / Floodgate metal band, to an awful "big trousers" rap-metal band and now are passing themselves off as an edgy Neurosis-style post-hardcore outfit. Their dream is to get huge and it will never happen, because once a style becomes mainstream, it's hard to break the ranks of the bands who are already seen as the leaders. The only way around this is to stick to your guns and wait for your chosen style to become popular again (see: Vader). That way you've already got years of advantage over all the bands deperately trying to get songs that fit this week's agenda.

Lee B

Meshugah (or however you spell that stupid name) ,
In Flames wanabe's , Dummy Buger , I'm not really into Cradle of Shit anymore , and I used to like Mayhem until there vocalist started to rap . And Stupid simple Viking music , don't get me wrong , vintersorg is almost the best thing that ever happend , and otyg they fuckin rule , but all those other bands that can't pull it off .

Originally posted by Demonspell
Besides the seven-string guitars (which are used properly and tastefully), I fail to see the slightest evidence of nu-metal in Nevermore's music...

I think that using 7 strings has nothing to do with nu-metal , it's a fuckin guitar not a piece of clothing , it's not a trend , they use it alot better than Korn , and there riffs sound 10x as better as before , grow up people . If Opeth used 7 strings , then it would be heavier , they'd still write the same music , except they'd hit the notes lower most times and be more experimental , would you call Opeth nu-metal if they used 7 strings?

Originally posted by Lee_B

What's not metal about Slipknot? The album sounds pretty damn heavy to my ears. The band members mostly come from a Death Metal background and it shows. It's a little unfair to lump 'em in with the Linken Parks of this world, despite the fact that 12 year olds wear their shirts.

When I was 12 a lot of kids were into Iron Maiden and this pissed the old Rockers off no end! I guess Iron Maiden were the Slipknot of the early 80's :)

The only bands I hate are those who jump on every passing bandwagon as it goes rolling along. How many thrash bands started playing death metal? How many death metal bands then started playing black metal? How many of these black metal bands are now wishing they never sold their Cannibal Corpse CDs to buy Emperor ones? Death is, after all, the New Black :)

One band from the UK that I know of have, in the space of 3 years, turned from a pretty good C.O.C / Floodgate metal band, to an awful "big trousers" rap-metal band and now are passing themselves off as an edgy Neurosis-style post-hardcore outfit. Their dream is to get huge and it will never happen, because once a style becomes mainstream, it's hard to break the ranks of the bands who are already seen as the leaders. The only way around this is to stick to your guns and wait for your chosen style to become popular again (see: Vader). That way you've already got years of advantage over all the bands deperately trying to get songs that fit this week's agenda.

Lee B

Good point there man

Ok, what pisses me off majorly about Slipknot - Don't judge me - then we'll sell records and be in the indutry where you are bound to be judged in every way and can't escape it. If they don't want to be judged then don't write "music". They take their fans for granted, the masks are unbelievably gimmicky, they're like the equivalent to kiss xcept in the 90's and they're rednecks, they complain they've been through so much "shit" - so have many other people and do you see them writing some noise and trying to pass it off as music? I could pull more talented musicaians out of my..... and they're just taking advantage out of a craze, and are amazingly hypocritical. They are trying to be "individual, but by doing so are making a new group of "individuals" so evry1 is still the same, and they're just so.. crap

Originally posted by godisanathiest
Lets face it, a lot of the stuff we talk about here isn't even music let alone metal. And I like it that way :p But talking about slipknot does seem a bit of a waste of time

Atleast we'll stop an opethian from buying a slipknot album and not spending there hard earned money on Wars of Winter cd('s):lol: