It's release day!

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
Paradise Lost is in stores today, at long last..go pick up a copy or two or five and help the band hit the Billboard Top 100 for the first time ever! For those of you wanting to buy the cd on iTunes, you can do so here (and yes, for those who asked, online sales on Amazon and the major cd sites as well as iTunes count in SoundScan numbers which decide the Billboard top cds; smaller online vendors likely won't count, as they have to be registered with SoundScan & doing so costs money they may not be inclined to spend). As of 2pm yesterday, Paradise Lost was #72 on Amazon.com; I can't wait to see the standings by the end of the week!

Also, don't forget, for those of you in and around New Jersey, the band will be at Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ tonight at 7pm for an in-store appearance to celebrate the release of Paradise Lost today. If you're even remotely close by, stop by, buy a copy or two, and say hi to the guys (and give them a hug for me, would you? *g*)!

Keep an eye on the tour date thread for an updated list of shows on the SymX/DT Euro tour..

The CD is awesome, the best since DWoT IMO. Very cool packaging.

Now then, that DVD...what an embarrassing piece of crap. Even for a long time (decade +) fan, what a complete disappointment. I feel like I've been ripped off. I'd have rather had the mysterious Behind the Scenes video that was advertised than this collection of stuff that should have been left in the archives, or buried. I was so excited to be able to show my son this band that I've been talking about for his entire life, and I pop the DVD and searched all of the tracks for something that represented the band as I have seen them. The video was useless.

I was going to pick it up this morning from the independent shop across the street, but they didn't have it. So I guess I'll have to head out to Borders or something to get it this evening.

I could have ordered it online, but there's just something fun about buying a CD in a store the day it's released.

I bought it a few hours ago...:OMG: I listened to it on the way home from the CD store and already in some parts there were goosebumps on my arm. :headbang:

I want to buy the special edition, but I can't find it anywhere! Does anyone know of any retail stores that sell it?

Everyone in my family is a huge Symphony X fan. My parents will each be purchasing a copy of the CD sometime this week. :)

Oh good!

fart2.gif

Ahhhh....

Got mine today with the "FYE Bonus DVD" for $16.99. Great CD (as I already knew) but worst packaging EVER! You just know those flimsy cardboard "fingers" are going to end up all bent to shit. :(

And who's idea was it to booger-glue the DVD to the back of it? Wasn't the shrink wrap enough to hold it there?

If I ever do come across the jewel case version, I will likely get it and ditch this one in the nearest USED bin.

Oh good!

fart2.gif

Ahhhh....

Got mine today with the "FYE Bonus DVD" for $16.99. Great CD (as I already knew) but worst packaging EVER! You just know those flimsy cardboard "fingers" are going to end up all bent to shit. :(

And who's idea was it to booger-glue the DVD to the back of it? Wasn't the shrink wrap enough to hold it there?

If I ever do come across the jewel case version, I will likely get it and ditch this one in the nearest USED bin.

I have to agree that although the packaging is cool, it's not practical at all. I'm also thinking about getting one with normal jewel case packaging if there will be one.

I ordered my copy at a small online store because I didn't want to miss out on the SE version. Later after I did so is when it was announced that FYE would be carrying the SE as well. I normally like to buy my cd's from the store if I can because I have a thing about instant gratification when buying stuff. My copy still has not come in so I couldn't help it and went and bought another copy from the store on my lunch. I figure at least it counts for the soundscan thing whereas my online purchase probably won't. I now will have 2 copies once my other one comes in the mail!