JOHN BUSH: My Time With ANTHRAX Is 'Over' - Sep. 25, 2005

karrokid said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wu
Not being able to continue relates to us not flushing another two years of our lives down the toilet. That's all I can say.

they may have made some head way and released a great album but , they could owe money to the record company or, it might have cost enough to where when it's all said and done they still owed at the end of the day. the band pays for everything they do and the record company recoups the money as the tour and sales go on. the musician gets paid last if there is any money left. if not the band who usually is a corporation files for backruptcy and then the artist are free to write and record again under a different name .it is a very common occurance in the music biz .not saying thats what happened . but a band who has been around 20 years dosn't want to loose their name. it's a brand logo. people respond to an anthrax or metallica alot quicker than a band of the same guys with a different name. so 2 years of hard work in that scenario could be 2 years where you have less than when you started. again though i'm not saying thats what happened, just i know someone who that did happen to. so it does happen. that would be 2 years down the toliet.

Yes, good post :worship: Who knows if that is case with the band. But hopefully people reading your post will understand a bit more about how music industry works, and how bands have to make decisions about their future because of the shitty way the industry works. This has nothing to do with selling out or wanting more money. It is just reality.

Mr. Wu said:
Nothing has changed because of an interview that we all participated in 4 months ago. What it doesn't say is that without this reunion tour, the band is over. No new record, nothing. It would've been impossible for us to continue as Anthrax. This tour is a bridge to the future of this band. Don't bother speculating on it. It's all going to come down to the music. We'll start writing and see where it takes us just like we've always done.
well, time will tell
-Jono-

Apu Nahasapeemapetilon said:

Even though I'm not really sure of its accuracy on this or any other stories, Blabbermouth seems like The Globe or Enquirer to me. Sometimes accurate, sometimes takinh things out of context. I learned a hard lesson through personal experience not to listen to gossip so I'm still waiting on an official word from the band, not just a post on the message board.

Scott Ian...everyone can read between the lines of your last post and it reads: "It's all about the money" loud and clear. You denigrate yourself and your entire band by saying that making great albums and doing kick ass tours is wasting 2 years. Just because you're not in the public spotlight and turning a profit doesn't mean it sucks and is a waste of time. It takes balls to be part of the underground. Now you just sound like an accountant. How lame and un-metal can you get, dude!

Greg Grabianski said:
Scott Ian...everyone can read between the lines of your last post and it reads: "It's all about the money" loud and clear. You denigrate yourself and your entire band by saying that making great albums and doing kick ass tours is wasting 2 years. Just because you're not in the public spotlight and turning a profit doesn't mean it sucks and is a waste of time. It takes balls to be part of the underground. Now you just sound like an accountant. How lame and un-metal can you get, dude!

Woooo! Metal Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Wu said:
...Not being able to continue relates to us not flushing another two years of our lives down the toilet. That's all I can say.

I hope this doesnt refer to your opinion of John's time in the band. WCFYA wasn't exactly what I had hoped for but it IS a solid record. If you guys are still having problems with marketing and promotion and such, I think it'd be a shame for John to take the fall because of a shitty label.

Where would you guys be without SOWN? That record re-introduced you all to another generation of fans -ROOM FOR ONE MORE on Mtv !!! - and John was a huge part of that record.

I know the the reunion is great PR, and the buzz is fantastic (my friends are calling me to organize a roadtrip to Flint) But let's not forget the Kiss-tastrophy that $immon$'s 4 year farewell tour became.

I don't know, but my gut tells me, as well as a few others it seems, that we aren't getting a straight answer out of anyone.
Fuck!....I hate the business of doing business. I wanna rock n roll all nite!!!

:confused:

Greg Grabianski said:
I see your point - when I was 20 I could have said the same thing but when your in 40s and in the underground you don't pay the bills. It sucks getting old.

MichiMikey said:
Fuck!....I hate the business of doing business. I wanna rock n roll all nite!!!

:confused:

Sadly, though, I think that is a much more common thing in the music industry, even for labels like Sanctuary. Even looking back in the 1980's and early 1990s, it's always amazing to see what albums were released by major labels. Do you think any big label would release something like Voivod's Nothingface, or albums by Mr. Bungle? Though I'm not sure either made much money being on a major, but at least they had distribution and exposure.

Hopefully, one day technology will render record labels obsolete (though I have my doubts) and more bands (rather than just ones like Metallica) will be able to shape their future without having to do the business of business.

Mr. Wu said:
We have no control over Revolver magazine. This is the first we've heard of it as well. Maybe I should subsribe so we can post the info first.
Not being able to continue relates to us not flushing another two years of our lives down the toilet. That's all I can say.
I have a feeling (yes I am speculating) that without the reunion, the band wouldn't have been able to continue because no one was supporting the band anymore financially in the business. TGO2E didnt exactly sell a million copies, did it? I bought it, I love it, but I guess a lot of people dont. That fucking pisses me off. I love Anthrax. They were one of the first bands I got into, and it sent my life in another direction. "Only" was the song that got me into Anthrax. Dont get me wrong, Among the Living is an amazing record, but so is WCFYA too.

So many mixed feelings at the moment...

tattooedsean666 said:
I hope John and the armored saint guys use this to put out a killer new armored saint cd.:cool:

Me too that band is awesome!...I mean its sad for john bush and anthrax cos he is a great singer and its ashame that instead of this lineup going out on a high,its kind of slowly disintigrated and became non existant..however I do prefer the band with Joey on voclas and I'm delighted that their with us.

Good luck to everyone is all I can say

Metal Thrashing Mark said:
So does this means that,the record label FORCED Anthrax into doing a reunion tour,releases,etc... so they could record a new album???? :confused:
I dont think they were forced; I bet it was a positive option they could go to in order to keep the band going

among_the_dead said:
Finally after 13yrs. My wish has come true.
you are really pitiful

JohnThrax said:
I dont think they were forced; I bet it was a positive option they could go to in order to keep the band going

you are really pitiful
Why becouse something i've been hopeing for for 13years finally happened?
And now all of a sudden im "pitifull"?
Go join the reunionbashers club.

Maybe the flushing 2 years down the toilet has something to do with being on Sanctuary LOL. They need to get that contractual shit out of the way with this reunion before they'd ever want to continue with John, as WCFYA was their best record and got no push at all, and they didn't want that to happen again with the follow-up. Hopefully they straighten things out with John and at least let HIM know what's up if they aren't letting the fans know, that way something can happen with John in the future if they want it to.