Kata-meeting

I think we should create a master list of the forum members and where they live, grouped by country. I see a crap load of "anybody else in the US?" here, and if we had some list we could just refer to it.

That being said, I would be interested in a US meeting, but it's so damned difficult, as the country is absolutely huge and we don't have the European luxury of low cost airfare across the continent.

@Cis: Uhmmm, I didn't say that *g* I don't know about my exact schedule yet, so it's possible I can go... although I should rob a bank first; why did the ticketprices get fucked up like that? o_O
But it would be definitely amazing... oh the memories, the memories! I heart thee~

@Eve: I wouldn't mind moving to Japan, but first I'll go somewhere close by, close enough to swim over (;

I think we should create a master list of the forum members and where they live, grouped by country. I see a crap load of "anybody else in the US?" here, and if we had some list we could just refer to it.

That being said, I would be interested in a US meeting, but it's so damned difficult, as the country is absolutely huge and we don't have the European luxury of low cost airfare across the continent.

That would be cool.

Florida here.

If anybody brings any food, please let me know. I think I'll just get some pizza's, so food will be available no matter what.

Also I'm going to a concert in Amsterdam on Sunday (Metalfest with Morbid Angel, Kataklysm, Marduk, Keep of Kalessin etc.) which starts already in the afternoon. I'm not sure what time I'll go there, but of course I'm not gonna rush you guys out ;) Maybe some even want to join me (Camille? Pat?)? :)

I'm thinking about taking over Swany's job and bake a cake (if you don't mind). I'd also like some salad but it might not be in best shape after a 750km car ride... maybe we could go shopping together in the afternoon and cook whatever we like in Martijn's kitchen? Or if we're too lazy, pizza will certainly do ;) By the way, when does the party start at all? I'll probably leave on Friday and then stay at Unicorn's place for that night, so on Saturday, we could easily be in Zeist before the supermarkets close.
No Amsterdam Metalfest for me, I'll have to work on Monday. So don't worry, you'll get rid of me (and Markus) soon enough...;)

Everyone please add your self to the Kata-map!
http://www.frappr.com/?a=constellation_map&mapid=137440796292

[/edit]
We should meet up Eve.. and maybe Gumtree? He is coming to a gig here in Feb I think.
We should. Do you know which gig Gumtree is up there for? I'll be heading back to Canberra on Tuesday for around 2 ish weeks. Then I'll be all over the shop until the end of January at witch point I will be living in Melbourne. February gig in Canberra could be hard.

But defiantly Aussie Kata meet up, even if there is only 3 of us. (We can pretend to be cool like all the Europeans. :lol:)

@Hobo: The area you live in looks sweet as! Tried to drive around your town in Street View but apparently it's not available there yet.:mad:

Thanks guys :)
Now I won't have to deal with the shocked look on your faces Saturday ;)

I'm thinking about taking over Swany's job and bake a cake (if you don't mind). I'd also like some salad but it might not be in best shape after a 750km car ride... maybe we could go shopping together in the afternoon and cook whatever we like in Martijn's kitchen? Or if we're too lazy, pizza will certainly do ;) By the way, when does the party start at all? I'll probably leave on Friday and then stay at Unicorn's place for that night, so on Saturday, we could easily be in Zeist before the supermarkets close.
No Amsterdam Metalfest for me, I'll have to work on Monday. So don't worry, you'll get rid of me (and Markus) soon enough...;)

I think that's a good idea , going to the supermarket together and then cook diner together :) (and a selfbaked cake is an even better idea mjam!!)

I don't know about that Metalfest , as you know I have a very limited knowledge of metal.(so what am I doing here on the ultimatemetalforums:p)I only know Morbid Angel by name and I might have heard something of Marduk once? I think I liked it , but I'm not sure anymore.. But if Camille would like it I wouldn't mind going there at all.
(as longs as it's not too expensive...?)

Martijn, when are we expected at your house?
If you aim to be in Zeist around 4 PM, that'd be great. Then there's enough time to go shopping. The supermarket is open till 8 PM, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Cis, cake is of course always welcome! :) Salad as well, I can make salad too actually, I have a nice recipe. Chicory salad with mandarin, apple, banana etc. Izz ver'naaaiiis! :)

I don't know about that Metalfest , as you know I have a very limited knowledge of metal.(so what am I doing here on the ultimatemetalforums:p)I only know Morbid Angel by name and I might have heard something of Marduk once? I think I liked it , but I'm not sure anymore.. But if Camille would like it I wouldn't mind going there at all.
(as longs as it's not too expensive...?)
Hehe, tickets are quite expensive, around € 35 including service fees/membership. But I'm on the guestlist :) So just see if the trip is worth it for you...

Did you speak to Camille already? She should be in the country now :)

Yes I talked to her on the phone and via myspace mail, I could send her a text message about this too :)
So do I understand it right, you mean that since your on the guestlist we would be too?

So do I understand it right, you mean that since your on the guestlist we would be too?
No, I didn't mean that! It's just me and a friend on the guestlist. Sorry for any confusion. I would surely understand if you wouldn't go because of the ticket price. I probably wouldn't have gone either if I weren't on the guestlist.

I have Camille's number, so I can text/call her as well ;)

Ahh ok , hehe, well in that case it is really too expensive for me, especially if I don't know the bands.
You should talk with Camille how she feels about it :)
So when do you expect us at your place Saturday?
And all but Swany and Vincent are coming?:erk:

So it'll be Martijn,Camille, Markus, Sabine, Gorik and me? I'm not forgetting anyone??
Maybe we could even go out or something , well we'll just see.
Are people bringing their guitars for some musical leisure time hmmm??

It's expensive indeed. Tickets are 28 euro, but with ticketmaster 'service' charge and this Melkweg membership, the total adds up to some €35 :/ Let's see what Camille says, I don't know what her plans are for sun-mon-tue. She flies back on Tuesday I thought..

Arrival around 4 PM or so? Just see how it fits your schedule, I need a little time to tidy up my place a bit ;) If you want to come earlier, that'll be fine too. Going out sounds kewl to me. We'll go to Utrecht :)

BTW, you'll probably come by train/bus with Camille right? There's a road closed close to where I live, which means the bus has to make a slight detour, or actually, a part of the route is cut off. That means the bus will not pass the bus stop closest to my house. I'll let you know which stop to get out and give you some directions or I'll just come pick you up. You need bus 74 btw.