katatonia collection

Long time no posts from me... Anyway, there's a copy of Saw You Drown on a Finnish web auction site. The starting bid is 50€, and the deal closes next thursday. I think 50€ is robbery, but then again, I haven't seen a copy for sale during the last two years, so... After all, I paid 35€ for my white-logo version of FFTC, and that's far more rare than SYD (if compared in numbers, I mean). What do you think??

Damn, too bad it's on a Finnish auction site, and that the starting bid is so exorbitantly high, or else I'd definitely give winning it a shot. I'll never get SYD. T_T

Anyway, tomorrow I intend to win the original white logo version of BMD, without FFTC on it. Not every day you see that (well, not every day I see it, anyway).

Corpinen said:
Long time no posts from me... Anyway, there's a copy of Saw You Drown on a Finnish web auction site. The starting bid is 50€, and the deal closes next thursday. I think 50€ is robbery, but then again, I haven't seen a copy for sale during the last two years, so... After all, I paid 35€ for my white-logo version of FFTC, and that's far more rare than SYD (if compared in numbers, I mean). What do you think??

I sold my extra copy of SYD for 180$ U.S.D. so if it stays at 50 euro I guess if I was you I would consider it........but then again....I bought my extra copy of SYD for 50$ U.S.D.....its all about not buying it in an auction.........hmmmm.......I guess I got lucky on that one though... ;)

its kind of funny how something thats only 100 copies can go for 35 euro and something 500 copies can go for 50euros...

Corpinen said:

lucky. I paid $40 for my FFTC white logo.

Jinn said:
IT CAME!!!! IT FECKING CAME!!!!!

*is now a proud owner of a Katatonia original logo shirt.

Thank you so much Alejandro!

Well done! its not everyday ya come across one of those. I wanna get me one

Mantraschism said:
I just got my BMD LP in the mail.
I've got a question, how many of these were printed?

The vinyl is numbered, it can be found somewhere on the covers.

Anyway, here's the info from Northern Silence:

LP in black vinyl, ltd. 444 (first 144 copies incl. poster, only available from Northern Silence!)

PicLP, ltd. 444 (first 144 copies incl. poster, only available from Northern Silence!)

LP in purple vinyl, ltd. 333 (incl. poster, only available from Northern Silence!)

Mantraschism said:
Hey, is there a version of BMD with a purple logo, non-clear (i.e., ridged black) CD tray, and NO bonus tracks? I mean, there's one on eBay right now, but I'm not sure that it's legit. Anyone know? Reece?

I bought mine not long after it came out, not sure if there were different versions anywhere else in the world...

6 tracks on AvantGarde Music: AV022 (although cat number not on case). Comes in jewel case with clear tray. The logo is purple and grey. Title in silver.

The one you are looking at could just have a replacement tray or course...

Mantraschism said:
Hey, is there a version of BMD with a purple logo, non-clear (i.e., ridged black) CD tray, and NO bonus tracks? I mean, there's one on eBay right now, but I'm not sure that it's legit. Anyone know? Reece?

I saw that aone.....and I really dont know....I know that there is one more version of BMD that I dont have.......I have the reissue of course and the Avantgard no bonus tracks one.....but I know I have heard of another more rare one.....this could be it........my Avantgard release has a black logo with white surrounding it and I know I have heard of a purple logo one as well....... sorry I couldnt be more help......

Deliverance6 said:
I sold my extra copy of SYD for 180$ U.S.D. so if it stays at 50 euro I guess if I was you I would consider it........but then again....I bought my extra copy of SYD for 50$ U.S.D.....its all about not buying it in an auction.........hmmmm.......I guess I got lucky on that one though... ;)

its kind of funny how something thats only 100 copies can go for 35 euro and something 500 copies can go for 50euros...

Hell, the copy of SYD went all the way to 106 (!!) euros... I was prepared to give a go at 60€, but it was only then the fuckers really started bidding... However, I was lucky enough to purchase a copy of Jhva Elohim MCD (20€) and Tonight's Music MCD (10€), so I'll get my weekly Katatonia fix with those, I guess. That means I'm only lacking SYD and Teargas now. The CD versions, I mean...

Corpinen said:
Hell, the copy of SYD went all the way to 106 (!!) euros... I was prepared to give a go at 60€, but it was only then the fuckers really started bidding... However, I was lucky enough to purchase a copy of Jhva Elohim MCD (20€) and Tonight's Music MCD (10€), so I'll get my weekly Katatonia fix with those, I guess. That means I'm only lacking SYD and Teargas now. The CD versions, I mean...

Jhava elohim for 20euro!? where did you find that?