katatonia collection

Nothing new yet in the kollection... but tomorrow, I may be adding the W.A.R. Compilation Vol. 1 to it. \m/ Actually, right now I'm on a Nile and Orphaned Land collecting kick. I just bought Nile - Festivals of Atonement today, that being their very first release, which they put out independently. I'm keeping my eyes open for Ramses Bringer of War (their second release) -- I've not seen it anywhere. As far as Orphaned Land, I about to try to win Sahara, The Calm Before the Flood, and El Norra Alila. Then I'll order a shirt from their site (at the same time snagging a signature from Kobi Farhi of OL, as he's the one who sends the shirts out \m/).

Wish me luck on these, and on the W.A.R. Compilation. Also, can anyone tell me where I can get a Discouraged Ones shirt? It's the only album that I don't have a shirt to represent, and I'm a bit ashamed. I always held off on getting it, because I think it's easily the least nice-looking Kata shirt, but I want it now that I can't find it. ~_~

Worth noting (well, not really) is that I've been listening to Evidence and Wait Outside almost non-stop. These really are monumental songs.

Try this. I've had my eye on the Am I Transparent shirt for a while, haven't really been able to afford shirts from the UK though :erk: I'm sure there are several places with DO shirts at a more reasonable price though, just can't think of any at the moment.

Deliverance6 said:
anything new guys and gals?????.......actually Im just trying to keep this thread going.... :)

I really must try and get round to listing mine at some point, although not as impressive as yours.

Quick question though, Diabolical Masquerade... Are there different versions of some of the releases (any limited editions, original pressings that are distinguishable from reissues, some on jewel case only, some on digi only... that kind of thing)?

:worship:

AlexGuinness said:
I really must try and get round to listing mine at some point, although not as impressive as yours.

Quick question though, Diabolical Masquerade... Are there different versions of some of the releases (any limited editions, original pressings that are distinguishable from reissues, some on jewel case only, some on digi only... that kind of thing)?

:worship:

nightwork is distinguishable because of the raised printing on the original press digi.....Ravendusk is a jewelcase original........hmmmm......other than that the LPs are all limited I believe.......

you must list your collection......its just the right thing to do..... ;)

Deliverance6 said:
nightwork is distinguishable because of the raised printing on the original press digi.....Ravendusk is a jewelcase original........hmmmm......other than that the LPs are all limited I believe.......

you must list your collection......its just the right thing to do..... ;)

Yeah, I will do soon. I have been missing a couple of key releases for years though. :oops: Especially annoying as I have had the chance to pick them up really cheaply over the years.

I have the embossed digipak for Nightwork (my most recent acquisition), the others are all normal digis except for Ravendusk.

Still mean to do the list, but that will have to wait until I have more time.

Although I have not re-read all of the thread, I do not recall seeing any mention of one other item that I picked up not long ago...

There is a cassette version of Dan Swanö's Pan.Thy.Monium release, "Dream II". On the second side of this are 4 tracks "For Promotion", the first of which is Katatonia's "Shades Of Emerald Fields" (the other 3 being tracks by Therion, Dismember and Kataklysm).

Does anyone know anything about this release? It appears to be licensed to Morbid Noizz of Poland from AvantGarde Music.

Hm, just bought a compilation that had "I break" on it, as well as an October tide song. The compilations name was "In decay we trust" and was released by Avantgarde I think, got it for about 6$. Anyone knows if it's rare? Never heard of it before, anyways.

ott0 said:
Hm, just bought a compilation that had "I break" on it, as well as an October tide song. The compilations name was "In decay we trust" and was released by Avantgarde I think, got it for about 6$. Anyone knows if it's rare? Never heard of it before, anyways.

you bought it from LucasPotter right???......6$ to ship to the U.S.....and 12$ anywhere else.....I looked hard at it.....but decided that I couldnt let that kid rip me off for shipping......I think he is here every once in awhile too.....he claims to be a Katatonia collector......I think I might have even Instant messaged with him within the last year or so....hmmm.....it just didnt seem right to let someone rip me off.....but I wanted to buy it pretty bad.......he sells them all the time though....so there will be more chances..... :wave:

AlexGuinness said:
Still mean to do the list, but that will have to wait until I have more time.

Although I have not re-read all of the thread, I do not recall seeing any mention of one other item that I picked up not long ago...

There is a cassette version of Dan Swanö's Pan.Thy.Monium release, "Dream II". On the second side of this are 4 tracks "For Promotion", the first of which is Katatonia's "Shades Of Emerald Fields" (the other 3 being tracks by Therion, Dismember and Kataklysm).

Does anyone know anything about this release? It appears to be licensed to Morbid Noizz of Poland from AvantGarde Music.

not a clue my man......
sorry...

Deliverance6 said:
you bought it from LucasPotter right???......6$ to ship to the U.S.....and 12$ anywhere else.....I looked hard at it.....but decided that I couldnt let that kid rip me off for shipping......I think he is here every once in awhile too.....he claims to be a Katatonia collector......I think I might have even Instant messaged with him within the last year or so....hmmm.....it just didnt seem right to let someone rip me off.....but I wanted to buy it pretty bad.......he sells them all the time though....so there will be more chances..... :wave:

I bought grey dawn off him recently! I thought the 12$ was standard? Am i wrong? did i just get ripped off?

jptk said:
I bought grey dawn off him recently! I thought the 12$ was standard? Am i wrong? did i just get ripped off?

I dunno, really... But $12 ain't that much for shipping from Georgia to Sweden, I think... It's usually about $7-10 shipping fee when I order stuff from the US, so perhaps he added a few extra dollars... But he sold the cd's for quite good prices, so I guess it evens out.

Deliverance6 said:
anyone thinking this guy is not trying to get over on us check this out......complete bullshit....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4747719359&category=307&rd=1

... moreover, starting bid is US $74.99 ???!!! :bah:
til yesterday (well, more or less) avantgarde was selling it (again) for 12 euros or something...
i remember some guy put even the news about this avantgarde restock in here, so everyone who was interested could get it for really cheap price...

As requested by deliverance6 here is my collection:

CD:

Ihva Elohim Meth
Dance of December Souls (original)
Dance of December Souls (new version)
For funerals to come (red logo)
For funerals to come (white logo)
Brave Murder Day
Brave Murder Day (Promo)
Discouraged ones
Tonights Decision
Tonights Decision (Digi)
Last fair Deal gone down (Digi)
Teargas (EP)
Sulfur (EP)
Viva Emptiness
Viva Emptiness (Digi)
Viva Emptiness (Prormo)
Brave Yesterdays
The Black Sessions

LP

Ihva Elohim Meth
Brave Murder Day (all three versions)
Discouraged Ones
Viva Emptiness
Saw you down ( twice )
Split with Primordial
For funerals to come (Picture)

Shirts

Discouraged Ones
Sulfur
Transparent
Last fair deal gone down
One old with Palace of Frost lyrics on the bach

Thats all, i hope I didn't forget anything.
So guys, your opinion please.. what is still worth to get???
(I am actually looking for the DODS LP) :headbang: