Last movie you've watched

The Japanese original is much better than the American version.

Oh, I meant the Lord of the Rings too. Sorry for the confusion. Although, I liked the surreal images and nature of the first ring (horror) movie. The second was pretty laughable though. Never seen the Japanese version.

Last movie I saw was Crank and it wasn't bad. The last really good movie that I've seen was Pan's Labyrinth. Absolutely amazing movie.

just watched Bram Stoker's Dracula

I think they did an incredible job creating a gothic element to this film, also it works well as a horror film too. Although I didn't like the casting on this film, the actors did their part well... Overall an amazing film...

Oh, I meant the Lord of the Rings too. Sorry for the confusion. Although, I liked the surreal images and nature of the first ring (horror) movie. The second was pretty laughable though. Never seen the Japanese version.

You should, Japanese versions are usually better, more scarier. The ring in Japanese is just as good as Yu-On (American: The Grudge)

Ah, cool. Yeah the LOTR films are definitely on my "too see" list.

You should check out the Japanese version of The Ring though, it's much creepier than the Americanised version I reckon.

I have never enjoyed any Japanese horror films, except for the thrillers like Old Boy, or Battle Royale... I watched some of Ringu, and The Eye, but I found them to be too boring. Usually I don't finish a movie if I find it really boring, maybe I will try watching Ringu again. Actually I probably will seeing as how I have Ringu 0, 1, and 2 on DVD...

edit: I just looked up Old Boy, seems it is a Korean film, heh

I have never enjoyed any Japanese horror films, except for the thrillers like Old Boy, or Battle Royale... I watched some of Ringu, and The Eye, but I found them to be too boring. Usually I don't finish a movie if I find it really boring, maybe I will try watching Ringu again. Actually I probably will seeing as how I have Ringu 0, 1, and 2 on DVD...

edit: I just looked up Old Boy, seems it is a Korean film, heh

Old Boy is excellent, and I love Battle Royale. I tell you, the asians arent afraid to go all out when it comes to violence. None of this politically correct crap or cartoonish special effects stuff for them.

well, I just watched the Road to Wellville... excellent film, really funny too, it stars Anthony Hopkins in an odd role as an eccentric goofy doctor who runs a health facility, in an atypical role for him. Also Bridget Fonda was great in this movie as the wife of Mathew Broderick...

..... and what did you think of it?

I thought it was fairly enjoyable, and thought-provoking... The anarchy and extreme anti-government themes were interesting. I think there were some holes in the plot, and some things that were unanswered concerning the main characters in the film. I don't really think the message was anti-terrorist or anti-government as there wans't really any hero in it, but an overall message of everyone being guilty, in the literall sense...