Last movie you've watched

Moot point maybe, but I assume Cronenberg was aiming for a tragedy of some sort..

I'd be all for a sequel if Blomkampf were allowed complete creative control. Given the commercial & critical success of this one, I do not see why he shouldn't. Almost paradoxically, this might mean a bigger budget, which is arguably not a good thing. However, since he expressed interest in the idea early on and, for a start, could explore Wikus' life as a 'prawn' - I was under the impression he could not go back - something fresh could be made.

Basically if it weren't made cynically for commercial gain, it could work.

I think the whole "3 years" story line is meant to symbolise a form of distant but possible redemption. He saved his soul, and perhaps his body can follow. The scenes with his wife at the end also suggest that it's possible he can be saved.

If there is a sequel, and I hope there is (money dictates there will be, in all likelihood) then I would like it to explore his life as a prawn before any possible return to human form, as that would definitely allow for the same level of social commentary the 1st movie has managed.

I really think District 9 should be left alone with no sequel... it's one of those movies that ends with an air of mystery about the main character(s) fate... much like the movie Unfaithful if you ever seen that and it's ending...

That being said I saw Surrogates today and it was a great movie... very Bruce Willisish no doubt...

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters.

If you watch teletoon or adult swim you would know this show/movie

funny shit man

I really think District 9 should be left alone with no sequel... it's one of those movies that ends with an air of mystery about the main character(s) fate... much like the movie Unfaithful if you ever seen that and it's ending...

That being said I saw Surrogates today and it was a great movie... very Bruce Willisish no doubt...

I wouldn't be upset if there was no sequel, but I'm not against it in this case, because I reckon they could do something with it.

I hear Surrogates is pretty good. I've read it's a bit short, but great. I'm hoping to check it out soon.

Yesterday I've watched FINAL DESTINATION 4. hehehe This formula-driven plot mmmmmm.....Please someone should top them or tell them that this film is full bullshit)

I saw Zombieland this past weekend.. excellent movie... just good ole horror comedy fun... Woody Harrelson was made for that movie... just think of his character in Natural Born Killers but as the good guy... and his sidekick reminds me of the kid in Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist.... maybe the same actor... highly recommend this movie...

I saw Zombieland this past weekend.. excellent movie... just good ole horror comedy fun... Woody Harrelson was made for that movie... just think of his character in Natural Born Killers but as the good guy... and his sidekick reminds me of the kid in Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist.... maybe the same actor... highly recommend this movie...

It was great, I agree. Fun movie. I still like Shaun of the Dead a tiny bit more in the genre, but that's a personal thing.

I saw Stanley Kulbrick/Steven Spielberg's AI on dvd... is a very good movie but found it sad what happens to the main character David... everyone in the movie did great acting... kudo's to Haley, Jude Law and Francis O'Connor especially...

It's a nice movie, for sure. I think Spielberg did a great job with it, especially as he respected Kubrick's vision for the project.

I just saw 2012... great great action movie... but it wasn't your typical action movie imo... it made you "feel"... just when you thought a person would make it alive... they don't and you feel for that person... as well as the general population of the earth... I won't name who but we can discuss the deaths of certain individuals once you see it...

This is also a movie with political over/undertones.... rich vs poor, elite vs non-elite, a black president in the Whitehouse trying to save the world etc..

another thing I liked was the special effects... they contributed greatly in that you actually felt like you were in that plane, that limo, etc.. etc... the director Emmerich gets criticized for using CG effects in his movies but imo he uses them well and they look realistic especially in this movie...

Overall the movie was great even though the critics panned it... i can tell you that everyone in the movie theater loved it ... it made them clap, laugh and cry at moments... and that is what counts not what a pencil pusher's opinion who is out of touch with modern movies and is still stuck in the early to mid 20th century movie mentality... Leonard Maltin anyone?

anyways the movie made you feel and that is rare for a action movie... it wasn't your typical mindless action movie.. it made you think about what would you do in that situation... about life and death , about humanity and cruelty etc...

I didn't like it.
:OMG: you must have the flu and it's affecting your mind.. >> :loco:

anyways other then that movie i saw Hitman on dvd recently... loved it.. and recommend it..

and i watched Pirate Radio yesterday... it was ok but i wouldn't recommend to watch it in the theater for $10... it's good for a dvd rental or to watch on cable etc.. when it comes out in those formats...

Nope, no flu this time :). I mean, it's a fair bit better than his last few efforts, but it's not especially good. I didn't mind it, but it's a bit so-so.

Hitman could be characterised as awful film making, but I liked that one too. It's great.

I saw Pirate Radio (called The Boat That Rocked in the UK release) and thought the same as you. It's not bad.

Just saw Julie and Julia, perhaps not the kinda movie that will get much fanfare on these boards, but I totally dug it.

Is that the new Meryl Streep one? About a chef and her imitator, or something? I thought it looked funny.

Won't be seeing 2012.

Last flick I caught at a cinema was Harry Brown. Uglier and more exploitative than I'd hoped/expected, but had its moments. Caine was great as usual.